DS and Xin Fumanling of dubious reputation

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

skeech

DS and Xin Fumanling of dubious reputation

Post by skeech »

Dear friends,

I've been trying to get to the bottom of Xin Fumanling from Demodex Solutions because I'm worried that it contains topical steroids.

Not only that, but the results I've been getting are similar to those when I was less knowledgable and used a topical steroid to treat seb. derm. on my face my face.

Since using the X cream my flushing has all but disappeared in a matter of over 3 weeks of use, and my skin feels very smooth, and looks better than ever. With rosacea, I'm skeptical if results come this quick.

I've contacted a cosmetics testing lab to see if they'll test the cream, and hope to hear from them soon. They test for the presence of steroids.

In fact, this operation is of dubious reputation. I went to the website listed on the XFML jar and after some digging I found two links with the Xin Fumanling picture.
The ingredients listed are in rough english and are as follows:

"[Creating] winds son, RP, 100 Division Herba Agrimoniae curtailed, metronidazole, 18 alcohol, liquid paraffin, glycerol, triethanolamine, ethylparaben."

The second link is at
and it lists the following (again in rough english)
"Key ingredients -- [α-red Myrrh alcohol, Herba Agrimoniae extracts, such as liquid extracts 100."

The Demodex Solutions sight has the following ingredients listed: 3% Metronidazole
Radix Angelicae Dahuricae
Radix Stemonae
And other herbs.

What's more is when I called the phone number on the jar 800-830-1188 (also on the website) it takes me to a power scaffolding company.

Walter, the Demodex Solutions moderator says "We can assure you there are no steroids, hormones, cortisone, pesticides or any other in long term bad ingredients in our products." Read thread http://www.demodexsolutions.com/phpbb3/ ... t=steroids

Why don't the ingredients jive from one sight to the next? What are the real ingredients? Should we trust this product?

Sincerely,
Mark
flamingogreetings

Post by flamingogreetings »

If you read the forum you can trust the successful results most people are having with the product. Nobody has complained of problems due to the ingredients. At least, I personally haven't run across any posts stating such. Some people have not had the kind of result they wanted, but they are in the minority. Frankly, I don't care what's in it, as long as I continue to get the results I've gotten since Feb 10th. I've had flaming rosacea for 20 years and NOTHING has helped but this regimen. Aside from Walter, I don't believe anyone on the forum has a stake in the company or would state anything less than the truth of their own result.

I don't believe any of us could advise you on whether to trust the product or not. In my opinion, that's something you would have to conclude one way or the other yourself, I would think.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Dear Marc

Well, that's something new, a customer who complains the product works to good...... :D
on the other hand, I understand your concerns.
The website you mention is the website from the Chinese distributor, not from the factory,
second, you should be careful with looking for Xin Fumanling cream on the net because
there are many fake copies in circulation, exactly same packing etc, we buy directly from the factory.
Some people think that in China everything is possible, that they can use just what they want
In there products but that's not the case, an official product is tested and controlled just like
In the West, the difference is that there are many pirate products from little Chinese companies
on the market which are not controlled and of course, no whatever guarantee from what is inside.
I will mail the manager from the Factory who makes the Xin Fumanling cream to ask explicit if there
are any Steroids in the Fumanling cream, post my email In this topic and of course the answer as soon I get it.

Walter
Walter

Email to manager Xin Fumanling Factory

Post by Walter »

Dear Mr. Zhang Bao

We have a customer who is concerned that the Xin Fumanling cream contains topical steroids because it is working so well.

Can you please answer this question?

I will place your answer on the forum.

Best regards

Walter
skeech

Xin Fumanling

Post by skeech »

Hi Walter,

Thanks for checking out the ingredients of the x-cream for me.

You said that you get the x-cream straight from the factory, which is what I should have received, right? Why then did I receive a jar with the web address of the Chinese distributor?

Did I receive x-cream from the distributor of the factory? If I did get a distributor's version, where do they get their x-cream?

Mark
tkr

Post by tkr »

Mark and walter,

Now and then I check this site out to see how people are doing, anyway I only use the soap now everyday as for me it is the best thing I have ever found for my skin.
I have a jar of z cream and only use it if I get a pimple on my face which is very seldom since the z cream worked for me over a period of 6 months give or take.
If there are steroids in any cream or soap at all in any of these products I will be really DISAPPOINTED to say the least! I have counted on these products for the sole reason they dont contain any steroids or any other type of rebound situation if you know what I mean :!:
I am so far off the z cream for 2 months approximetely and dont want to have unknown consequences of any kind because of not having the full honest ingredients. Please, we all deserve to know potential hazards such as serious ingredients like steroids that can obviously pose problems. Walter, hoping this is not the case after all demodex solutions indicates steroids are not used, so why should you even need to ask ??

Tamara :shock:
Walter

Answer from Factory

Post by Walter »

Dear Walter,

My answer is the following:

Re: topical steroids
The Xin Fumanling Cream is manufactured under the standard rule of Chinese State Food & Drug Administration(SFDA). According the quality standard of Xin Fumanling cream which have already been given license by SFDA before its manufacture,any ingredients which contents hormone such like topical steriods should NOT be added into the cream during its manufacture, otherwise the license will be cancelled by the SFDA.The SFDA test the cream from market in radom 4-10 times per year to make sure that the cream is manufactured under the rule of SFDA.More than million jars Fumanling cream are sold per year but none of them is found to be contents ingredients of hormone or topical steriods. It is a good prove.

Of course, there are some fakes on the market. It is a serious problem on Chinese market. I am not sure if these fakes is using steriods in their cream. What we can do now is to remind the customers to by the cream through legal dealer such as Demodex Solutions Ltd. Demodex Solutions Ltd is a good cooperator of our company on the Xin Fumanling cream. We have already authorized Demodex Solutions Ltd as our agent of foreign market.Please make sure that the Xin Fumanling cream buy from Demodex Solutions Ltd is safe and good.

Best regards,
James

Note from Walter:

We have an agreement with the Chinese distributor we can use their packing outside China
that’s why you receive a box with the Chinese distributor data.
For the moment, using our own packing would rise the price and would be less flexible regarding expiring dates,
now we are sure we always have fresh cream, using our own packing would give us a to big stock.

So once more, there are no hormones, steroids or whatever harmful ingredients in our products.

If you want to let them test, be my guest, but like I wrote before, we never heard before from a customer who complains a product works to good.

Walter
skeech

Post by skeech »

Hello,

Thanks for all the information. You say that joincare.com is the website of the Chinese distributor, but then tell me to be careful about looking for x-cream online. So, should I be careful with what I find on the site of the Chinese distributor of x-cream? You never answered the question why the Chinese distributor has listed different ingredients (like alcohol and paraffin)than those listed on the DS website. Also, why would they have a phone number for a power scaffolding company? These are important questions that you haven't answered.

Thank you,
Mark
kryszrich

test the cream

Post by kryszrich »

for the love of god, just get the product tested. and post the results here and on the yahoo rosacea group. I think it is a good idea to get it tested... the exact cream you used. all this discussion is pointless until you get the cream tested. please do.
tkr

Post by tkr »

Well I second that remark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are waiting mark, so please let us all know

tamara :?:
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

For what it's worth... I don't believe there are steroids in this cream. I used steroid creams for many yrs based on the advice of my derm. The results I have gotten from applying this cream to my skin are nothing like any steroid cream I have ever used. No steroid cream caused my face to turn very red for the first few weeks, nor did it cause my blemishes to dry up and slough off.

There is one cream I have used in the past which did provide similar results to the Z cream... and that is the Purple Emu's Redness and Blemish Control cream, which contains only natural engredients. It also contains the high % of zinc and suplhur found in the Z cream.

Just my observations.

Mike
skeech

Post by skeech »

Hey y'all,

I got a quote from the Adamson Analytical Labs. It's $160 to test for hydrocortisone, and they need 4 oz. of the product. The amount in each jar of xcream is 20grams. It would take roughly 5 or 6 jars of xcream to get 4 oz. So, it would cost $150 just to buy enough xcream to get it tested. That's too much money for me at this time. Anyone want to chip in? Yea, right. I'm going to get back to them and see if they can test a smaller amount.

Mark
kryszrich

why so much

Post by kryszrich »

why do they need all that cream...lol. anyone out there who is rich? I'm not even close.

i think it would be a good thing to get it tested. although it wouldn't be fair to generalize Chinese companies, they simple do not have the safeguards. Heck...look at the pet food story. now they are saying the chemicals found in the food may have been placed in deliberately to spike the levels of Protein. it's just a theory, but still. although it does have sulpher (which causes dryness and temporary redness), it may also have been 'spiked'.

it's the only logical thing to do.

so
skeech

Post by skeech »

Folks should keep in mind that the cream in question here is x-cream, not z-cream. x-cream is the one with metronidazole in it.
kryszrich

after two days

Post by kryszrich »

well after two days of using both the ZZcream (night) and x Cream (day), my face is already 25% less red. this is probably due to the drying effect which has not been bad for me (I'm putting very little cream on).

but either way, i am scared now about the steroid in cream theory. has anyone out there no of cases where people's rosacea was cleared, they stop using the product, and there was no harsh rebound effect or skin thinning typical of steroid creams?