burning/freezing sensation

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

cj

burning/freezing sensation

Post by cj »

hi everyone - I've just used the z cream for the first time tonight and was astonished to find my skin feeling really.......I don't know whether it was burning or freezing! Is this normal? I'm freaking out a bit at the moment but am determined to leave it on as it seems to be dying down a bit. I only used a bit and spread it on while my face was a bit damp so I'm pretty sure I didn't use too much.
Anyone else experience this?
CJ
Marla

That feeling.

Post by Marla »

Icy? Would that adequately describe what you feel when you put the ZZ on?

I like the feel.
cj

yes, icy!

Post by cj »

um, yes, kind of icy - doesn't sound so scary when you put it like that! Thanks.
I haven't experienced any dryness yet, but I guess I have that to look forward to. Interestingly, my forehead is normally a bit greasy and since I've been using the xfml instead of my normal moisuriser, it has cleared up almost completely!
Walter

Post by Walter »

Whatever you call it, this is normal, I would also describe it as a mixture of a cooling and at the same time hot feeling, this feeling becomes less and less in time with using, after a while you will almost don't feel it anymore, personally, I like the feeling.

Walter
flower

Post by flower »

my eyes and nose used to run when i first started using the cream...but that doesn't happen anymore. my skin is very clear now. i, too love the icy feeling
flower
Marla

The flakes.

Post by Marla »

cj wrote: I haven't experienced any dryness yet, but I guess I have that to look forward to. Interestingly, my forehead is normally a bit greasy and since I've been using the xfml instead of my normal moisuriser, it has cleared up almost completely!
cj: I am very happy for you. You are doing pretty much what I did, and getting pretty much the same results and progress. Don't change a thing!

Dryness is not a big deal unless something else is at work, such as: 1) climate; 2) other products with salicylic acids or chemical exfoliants; or, 3) previous history of excessive abrasion to the skin's surface.

If the above circumstances are not in your history and you are not using other products, your skin should do just fine.

The gradual sloughing of the thickened layer of epithelial cells and embedded debris can look like a reaction to the Demodex Solutions's products. Actually, the sloughing is a good sign. Shortly thereafter, you will see other changes in your skin. There might be more activity and some white plugs and stuff. That's good. Keep going!

All my best,
Marla
cj

Post by cj »

yeah - my eyes do water a bit - but I'm starting to like the feeling - weird! And my old moisuriser is completely redundant - good job too as it was really expensive.........
Looking forward to the "sloughing off" effect when it happens.
Take care all,
CJ