Itching in daytime... related to Fumanling?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

katwalker

Itching in daytime... related to Fumanling?

Post by katwalker »

Okay, I know a lot of people have itching/burning early on in treatment. Most people have this itching at night, and the theory is that it's related to the increased demondex mite activity.

So... here's my question. Yes, my skin is all irritated and red and icky. But I'm itching during the DAY. Is this related to the Fumanling cream? I noticed some people had a reaction to the Fumanling and couldn't use it. How do I distinguish between all my icky rosacea symptoms that the treatment has made flare up and a reaction to the Fumanling cream?

Also, if I can't use the Fumanling, what do I do? I can't use the ZZ cream during the days I have to go out in public. I'm very pale naturally, so it's not the looking like a ghost problem, but it's the flake factor. It's white around the edges of the flakes from the zinc oxide. I'm already putting it on very lightly - with water as others have suggested.

Any suggestions?
Janmes

Post by Janmes »

Fumanling Cream is suit for most of people. It have been proved well by the test of manufature. If your skin is sensitive, for example, not suit for normal cosmetics, you'd better not use Fumanling Cream. You may change Fulio cream to instead it.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Metronidazole can give a stinging/itching feeling with some people, just skip the day treatment a couple of day's and see if it goes away, then you know if it is the Fumanling, if it is, you need to use the Fulio or cosmetic fumanling during the day.

Walter
JS

Post by JS »

I get it too, but I always thought the itching in the daytime was due to demodex activity also.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Having a itching feeling from the Fumanling cream doesn't mean you are allergic to it, it is only a side effect from metronidazole which happens sometimes, there is no need to stop using if it doesn't bother you, if it does, you need to use the cosmetic Fumanling or the Fulio.

Walter
katwalker

Post by katwalker »

I know it's a much lower dosage, but I'd used Metrogel (.75% metronidazole) for a year with no problems. It may also be that my skin is SO dry that it just itches. It's gotten so dry - in less than a week! - that everything seems to be irritating it. I'm going to experiment with the products to see what I can handle. I'm also using the Acarid Foaming Wash in the morning, but I've noticed many people said this was very drying. So, maybe if I cut that out, it will help. I've finally gotten the application of zz cream down, and the weekend is coming, so I may just go a few days of just that, then add back in the Fumanling next week to see the effect.

Walter, other question relating to Fumanling... you suggested that I might do better to switch to the cosmetic Fumanling. However, it says on the product description that those with eczema or "hypersensitivity dermatitis" (not sure what that means) should be careful. I have had a problem with eczema on the face in the past. In fact, I can have a flare up of either rosacea, seb derm, OR eczema at any given time. No wonder my poor dermatologist was confused. Anyway, does the metronidazole Fumanling have the same reaction on eczema skin? Also, do you mean to say that it's NOT the metronidazole that has any effect on the demodex mites but other things that are in the Fumanling?
Walter

Post by Walter »

There is no comparison between Metrogel and the Xin Fumanling cream, first the amount of metronidazole and second there are many other ingredients inside which makes
the Fumanling a total different product, I did not say that metronidazole on his own can do nothing against demodex mites, only that the fumanling is far more effective
then metronidazole on his own.
If you have problems in the beginning of the treatment with for example dryness use less, if still to much even more less, listen to your skin what it can handle, experiment with both creams to find out the best way for you,
even if you use a tiny tiny tiny bit, it will do something, slowly you will be able to use more but more doesn't mean a lot, that is never necessary.
If there is a problem, slow down, that is the message, even if you have to slow down till almost nothing, slowly, slowly you will be able to handle more.
By the way, I wrote you will stop after two months if you see no good results, to soon, of course, I hope you will have results which is easily possible
but not for sure, once again, better to cut down if necessary and continuo.

Walter
katwalker

Post by katwalker »

Well, at this point I'm having to take it day by day. After 7 full days of using the Acarid Foaming Cleanser in the morning, Fumanling (with metronidazole) in morning, Cetaphil face wash at night, and zz cream at night, I woke up today with everything feeling awful. I had an awful breakout of papules, redness, and pustules in Day 3, which has almost completely subsided. However, my problem in the past few days has been neurological effects - itching, stinging, and burning. I know the Cetaphil is not the problem as I've used it for years as my regular cleanser.

Yesterday the pain was just too much. When I got home from work, I washed off the Fumanling and put on some Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion. I thought all the pain was from the dryness. While I'm sure it relates, I think these products have just made my face so irritated that my nerves just keep randomly firing, causing pain. After a few hours, I washed my face again and put on the zz cream. Strangely, when I have the zz cream on, my skin doesn't really itch or burn or sting.

I can't wear the zz cream out in the day, though, because the longer it's on, the more dry skin, laced with whiteness from the zinc, becomes evident. I can tell because when I put it on at night, it completely blends in, but by morning, my face is full of white flakes and my skin feels leathery.

So... this morning I decided to use just Elidel. It's always been very good for me for calming down any inflammation - eczema, seb derm, rosacea, all of them - so hoped it would calm down the burning. This burning, the best I can describe it is like wind burn, only worse. It feels like someone rubbed my face with sandpaper. Some rosaceans have more neurological symptoms than cosmetic ones, and while I've had both, the neurological ones seem to pop up in reference to irritating products. Anyway, while redness, pimples, and papules are certainly annoying and embarassing, they're nothing in comparison to this constant burning for days on end. So, after the Elidel this morning, I decided to pick up some jojoba oil (100%, no preservatives). For those of you not familiar, jojoba oil is supposed to be very similar to the skin's own sebum. This actually helped reduce some of the dryness and almost completely got rid of the burning, instantly.

Anyway, I'll see how things go. I may or may not use the zz cream tonight. I feel like I need to get my skin back to more stable condition before I can start adding the products back gradually. I know from experience that when my skin is this irritated, everything - even water - will hurt until it gets better. I intend to keep trying these products for a while, but I can't put myself through this constant pain. Also, while I may be killing off the mites, it's certainly not good for my skin to be so dry. When skin is this dry and irritated is when it's more vulnerable to parasites, viruses, and bacterias.

What I meant about the two months... that was just when I set the deadline for a reevaluation. Obviously, it makes no sense to use a product for a year with no visable results. It just seemed like most people have seen some results by Month 2, so that's when I decided to look at my face and decide to continue or try other things. However, if I can't get this burning under control, then I obviously can't continue. So we'll see if steping back a bit, using the jojoba oil and Elidel will get my skin into better shape so I can gradually add things back in.
Walter

For katwalker

Post by Walter »

No, that is not good, you treated already more then your skin can handle so ease down,
my advice, let your skin calm down for a couple of day's but not to long, start again with using
only the ZZ ointment in the evening, use no more your skin can handle, bit bit bit....................
no soap, no other medicines, even the slightest tiny bit ZZ will already do something.
The outbreak you have is normal, don't let this disappoint you, try not to worry about this but see it as a sign your are killing
the mites, and that is exactly what happens, use your moisturizing lotion during the day and if you think it helps your skin
also the jojoba oil , don't use the fumanling for the moment neither.

Walter
katwalker

Post by katwalker »

Walter,

Thanks for the advice. I knoew the breakouts and the dryness somewhat were normal but the stinging/burning was not. I will hold off on everything for a few days, just use jojoba oil and moisturizers until things get better. Then I will ease back in with the zz cream like you said.

-Katherine
Walter

Post by Walter »

Kat

I saw your post on the RS forum and red you started to use the ZZ again, don't over treat this time, even a little tiny bit is enough if your skin can not handle more, use only in the evening in the beginning and see how it works out, if this is even to much use every other day, the trick is to find out how much your skin can handle in the beginning.
once you know this be patient, don't start to soon to use more, this dryness in the beginning occurs most with rosacea sufferers because so sensitive skin, first of all because of the rosacea and second because many did already so much different treatments that there skin can handle almost nothing anymore, people with only acne don't have this problem most of the time, I can use myself as much as I want without any site effect and/or dryness.
I also red many times that people think there is metronidazole in the ZZ ointment, that is not true, there is absolutely no metro or any other antibiotic, steroid, hormones or whatever inside, the ingredients we are able to tell are:

sublimed sulfur
Zink oxide
salicylic acid
boric acid
herba menthae
cream base: Dimenthiconum composite

there are 3 more Chinese herbs inside which is the secret and make the big difference with similar products.

Walter
katwalker

Post by katwalker »

Yes, I think yesterday was my third day of use. I'm currently using it only at night (continuing with my typical Metrogel/Elidel during the day) and am applying it VERY thinly - watering it down.

On a somewhat side note... how does this stuff work on seborrheic dermititis? I know the zinc oxide will help some, but I was wondering if you knew more specifically. This has been a constant problem for me, more long standing than the rosacea, and the oral antibiotic I'm on currently (for non-skin related reasons) is making it flare up.

-Kat