Demodex and IPL

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

red47

Demodex and IPL

Post by red47 »

Hello guys,

Long time lurker first time poster. I'm pretty certain the demodex mites, whist not the primary cause, are excaberating my rosacea. So i'm looking to go on the ZZ cream as soon as possible :)

However, I've got an IPL treatment in 5 days time. Is is true that getting IPL whilst you've got demodex mites is bad for you? What's going to happen?

Thanks all :D
blbase

Post by blbase »

Hey Red.

I'm no expert but I had IPL treatments before I found this website.
What I can tell you is the IPL will definately reduce some of the redness but it's temporary. I think the IPL kills off some of the mites but it does not kill all of them and in time you are infested all over again. Again. this is just me theory I am no expert. I have had success with the ZZ Cream, I only used it at night. After one year I only get the occasional PP, the redness has reduced tremendously just some little stubborn spots around my nose, and my skin is no longer super sensitive. My suggestion would be to try the Demodex solutions products first, then when you think you are healed see if you even need the IPL , they are expensive and like I said only temporary. Good Luck!!
red47

Post by red47 »

Oh I think I see, so are you simply saying the IPL would be a waste if I do it before ridding of the demodex mites?

But nothing untoward would happen if I still get the IPL, it won't make the mites resistant to ZZ or anything!? (I don't fancy cancelling it now it's so close!)
So I could get my IPL then go straight on the ZZ?

Walter can you confirm this?
Thanks again guys :D
blbase

Post by blbase »

Yes, you could start using the ZZ Cream after the IPL treatments, but I would wait at least 7-10 days. That's how long they told me it would take for any healing/flaking to take place. If you have any brown spots, from the sun or scarring the IPL with make them darker brown and crusty before they go away. Do not pick at them let the flakes fall off on their own. Good luck and let us know how it goes.