ZZ cream sulfur seems to be what's helping me so much

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Josh

ZZ cream sulfur seems to be what's helping me so much

Post by Josh »

If the ZZ cream sulfur is the main reason for my face getting less and less pink, will I have to be on this stuff forever? :?
SteveInAustin

Re: ZZ cream sulfur seems to be what's helping me so much

Post by SteveInAustin »

Josh wrote:If the ZZ cream sulfur is the main reason for my face getting less and less pink, will I have to be on this stuff forever? :?
If the cause of acne is either bacterial or demodex mites (or both), then I think it's more than likely that you will never be able to cure yourself forever. The parasites will come back eventually. In my experiment, I cleared myself after 5 months on the products and tried going off them for 1 month. My acne returned fairly rapidly, within the 1st week, and got worse as time went on. So I went back on the products and cleared up rapidly after that. I then went on the maintenance program which is just ZZ once every 2 days and nothing else. That sustains me.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
lovely

Post by lovely »

I don't know that I have demodex or not but I'm using DS for around 2 months. I see that if I used the ZZ cream less then the next day I can see the pimple come right up. However, until now I still have pimples come up here and there. So it means I have to use DS for life, I can't stop using it?. Don't you think if we stop the ZZ then the demodex will rapidly growing again and even more and it will get worser. So, I don't know what to do. Using the ZZ make my skin so dry and I don't want to have dry skin forever.
lovely

Post by lovely »

I don't know that I have demodex or not but I'm using DS for around 2 months. I see that if I used the ZZ cream less then the next day I can see the pimple come right up. However, until now I still have pimples come up here and there. So it means I have to use DS for life, I can't stop using it?. Don't you think if we stop the ZZ then the demodex will rapidly growing again and even more and it will get worser. So, I don't know what to do. Using the ZZ make my skin so dry and I don't want to have dry skin forever.
Annalisa

Forever Dryness

Post by Annalisa »

Yes, I agree with you. The stuff is working nicely, but I don't want to use the ZZ forever either.

I don't really think it would be healthy to do so. The website does actually suggest that you take vitamin B to help boost your immune system while you do the treatment. So... there may be some immune compromise?

Also, you'd think that extreme dry skin may prematurely age the skin. But... acne scars may be worse. What a depressing lot we have. I guess you just have to laugh... and keep trying? :)

I think I'm gonna follow Austin Steve's advice and do the treatment for a few months and follow with occassional sulfur shocks with the ZZ. Sounds like the most reasonable option.

All the best,
Anna
Walter

Post by Walter »

The dryness some people experience is not aging the skin, it are just the dead upper cells,
beneath there is perfectly healthy skin, in time, when your skin gets stronger, this dryness
will also become less and less and if you would go in maintenance treatment it will be nothing anymore.
Before making any conclusions, first end the treatment, 3 month minimum, better 4 and in some cases even
5 to be sure also the demodex brevis is gone.
After that, you have 2 choices, starting a maintenance treatment yes or no, if you need a maintenance
treatment is something you need to try, some do, some don't.
Maintenance treatment is only using just a bit every other day or 3 day's in the evening,
not such a big deal to stay clear and maybe you even don't need to do, depends who you come in
contact with, your partner, they reason you had a demodex problem etc.
Using the ZZ is not a sulfur shock, the ZZ is much more then sulfur and not to be compared.
And yes, would be wonderful to take a pill and be cured, but that doesn't exist yet,
lets hope it will come one day but in the mean time, try to think positive that there is a cure,
maybe not a perfectly easy and fast one but would without be better?
I had whole my life acne myself, is gone now, and I am very happy I can do a maintenance treatment
and stay clear.

Hope you all also will be clear soon..............

Walter
nancy

Post by nancy »

The only cure/relief for dry skin from the ZZ is the XIN cream from my experience

I use very little and instantly the dryness is gone and skin smooth

Still waiting for my "red chin" to return to normal color!
My problem may take months so I'm hanging in there

I'm on week 7

Only using DS -- acarid soap, Xin cream, ZZZZZ

I'm determined this has to work for me
anyone else take so long for RED SKIN???

Ciao

SOS