Has anyone tried Ivermectin or Perithemin?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

DB2285

Has anyone tried Ivermectin or Perithemin?

Post by DB2285 »

I was just wondering becuase Im thinking of going on a course of Ivermectin and also using a Perithemin cream with the ZZ. I would switch them off day to day I guess. I plan on asking my Derm pretty soon.
bayarea

Re: Has anyone tried Ivermectin or Perithemin?

Post by bayarea »

I haven't used Ivermectin nor Perithemin, but I used other things like minocyclin antibiotics and metronidazole 0.75% and more ointments and pills given by 2 dermatologists for over 3 years. None helped.
For 5 months now I have been using zz in the evening, xfml in the morning and the acarid face soap twice a day, and for 2 months I have NO breakouts at all! I am amazed by this miracle.
I am not saying that Ivermectin or Perithemin are not good since as I said above I haven't tried it. But I have worked in hospitals for many years and with doctors, and I would suggest to not use too many things at the same time. The reason is that when you take too many treatments at the same time it may be sometimes harmful and too much for your body. Sometimes different drugs and treatments can also interact badly and you don't always know the consequences.
Another reason for not taking a few treatments simultaniously is that when doing so, you never know afterward what was doing the main impact. It's important to know what helped and what didn't when taking treatments. Even when I got zz and xfml and the soap, I started treating gradually. First only with zz at night for a few days, until my face got used to it. Then I added xfml in the morning for a few more days, until I was sure my skin could handle both. The I added the facial soap. I can differentiate between each product's effects, and I think it's important.

I know you are probably very eager to treat and solve your problems, so you want to attack these annoying demodex mites in a big army of weapons. But in my experience- choose one treatment at a time - whether zz or Ivermectin or Perithemin. If you ask a dermatologist he/she will probably not know anything about zz/xfml and will be very dismissive about it. So don't discourage from a derm's reaction. They do NOT accept demodex mites as a main cause for acne and rosacea with humans and unfortunately have NO clue how to treat it. I am talking from experience of 4 years trying to solve things with 2 expert dermatologists.
I was lucky that I was sent to a lab 2 years ago and was tested positive for demodex mites, because that's how I knew what to look for and how I eventually found Demodex Solutions web site 5 months ago. Most people are not as lucky to even hear about this.

Any way, I don't know what your symptoms are and what kind of treatments you tried before, but if you can try to separate each treatment you take from another, and if you can avoid ingesting medications like antibiotics, I would definitely start with that.
I hope this helps.
Good luck!
DB2285

Post by DB2285 »

Thats my whole problem. My immune system has to be wacked out because I have gone on TWO courses of accutane along with years of antibiotics. Im only 23 now and I have been off the minocyclin/doxy for at least 2 years now but I know I have demodex.

I have been suffering from ocular rosacea and flushing since high school and my ocular symptoms are getting bad. My eyes are practically glues shut every morning I wake up and even though I never get cystic blemishes anymore 2 weeks after using the ZZ cream I got a really bad cystic like pustule. So I must have some kind of mites being killed to have that reaction.

I also have a seborrheic component but the thing is all the SD medications have done nothing for me. I mean they actually make the redness worse. I want to go on oral Ivemectin becuase the mites in my eyes are the most annoying for me. And Im not very keen on using the eyelash cream from here. It wasn't fun to use.

Im gonna plead with my derm for at least one oral does but if he refuses Im going to order Kwadella from a Candadian pharmacy use it and then keep a maintenance with the ZZ cream. Its just the ZZ cream leaves such a nasty residue and the soap seriously makes my skin flake. Im not sure I could use them both daily for 6 or so months.
Moominma

Post by Moominma »

Its just the ZZ cream leaves such a nasty residue and the soap seriously makes my skin flake. Im not sure I could use them both daily for 6 or so months
Are you using some water with the ZZ cream? I use very, very little cream at night and it still works. When I first used the cream, I put it on my face 'neat'...god, it made my eyes water! There's no need to do that, just a little amount works well and it's not so drying.

Why didn't the eyelash cream work for you? I haven't tried it, so I just wondered.

PS: I agree with Bayarea, try one thing at a time...but the creams from here do take a while to work; you're probably looking at about 2 months usage for serious improvement and you'll probably get worse before you get better. <~based on my personal experience only :)
DB2285

Post by DB2285 »

Ohh so Im supposed to mix the ZZ with water? What the hell, Im been smearing it on like shaving cream lately.

How do you use the soap? I lather it in my hair to get a super foamy lather and then I rub the foam all over my head, face, and neck and leave it on for a good 3 or 4 minutes. Im really OCD about it though and I think the soap is actually make my skin more dry and flakey than the ZZ.

I also got prescribed 1 course of oral Ivermectin to take so maybe it will help kill some of the mites in my eyelashes.
bayarea

Post by bayarea »

Oh my God! no wonder you're skin is so dry.
So here's the thing:
1. acarid facial wash - ONLY for face and neck areas (it's not intended for scalp. you have the DS shampoo for scalp). The instructions are very simple: wet your hands and face and neck with warm water, then put maybe about a quarter size (or less) of the liquid acarid soap on your hands, then rub it gently on your wet face and neck. Once you're done (it takes a few seconds), wash it away immediately with warm water. DO NOT leave it on your skin longer than that. You're just supposed to clean the skin from mites you're NOT putting a mask.... :wink:

2. zz- Once you've done step 1 above, dry your face and neck with a towel, but leave the skin just a bit damp, so it's not completely dry but not very wet either. Then take just a tiny amount of the zz on your finger and put a bit on your forehead, chin, cheeks, nose and very little on your neck (if your neck skin can take it) - so it's like little dots of the ointment on main areas of the face, and then rub it gently to all of the areas of your facial skin evenly until it's absorbed into the skin and you can hardly notice it on the skin. The rubbing part doesn't take more than a few seconds either, so if it takes you longer to make the ointment absorbed then you put toooo much. Also, if you can still the white ointment signs on the skin after that, then it's either because you put too much or that you didn't divide it evenly.
DO NOT put a lot of zz, it's very strong and a tiny bit is enough.
Just for general idea: it took me about 3 months to finish ONE jar of zz which I put once daily at night. It took me about that time to finish one tube of liquid facial acarid soap.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

Using Ivermectine is useless against demodex mites, you only will kill (hopefully)
some adults, the ivermectine cannot reach them well because demodex
mites don't live in the bloodstream but in the hair follicles and sebaceous glands where
they are protected for the ivermictine, second, you can never kill the eggs and nymphs,
you can do that with nothing, also not with our products, they are protected by a seal which
nothing can penetrate.
Many people already tried to use ivermictin against demodex mites but with almost no results.
The only way to eliminate demodex mites is using a product almost continuously
to kill the adults and prevent them from mating again, breaking the circle like this
till all eggs and nymphs became adults and are destroyed, that is why it takes such a long time.
To do this, you need a product which is very effective but also safe to use for a longer time and
that is exactly what our products do.
It is no help to use a lot ZZ, fumanling or too much from our soap, it will only dry your skin
if you are vulnerable to this and the treatment will not work faster.
Pesticides like Perithemin are not so save as you think (look it up on the internet)
and are for sure not made to use for months in a row, in the best case, a pesticide can
kill only adults like our products do so if you want results, you will need to use it for many
months without stop, I would not dare...
"It's just the ZZ cream leaves such a nasty residue and the soap seriously makes my skin flake"
You use too much, I know you want to get rid of them asap but using a lot doesn't help,
if you apply the ZZ on light damp skin, like after washing, and use a tiny bit then it is
almost invisible and will not dry your skin and most important, it will still work perfectly.
same with the soap, just use it in a normal way, wash with a bit of soap and rinse like one
always does with normal soap.

There is no such thing as a miracle short term treatment against demodex mites,
you need to be patient, use our products as it should and you will get rid of them.
There were already so many people before you who thought killing demodex mites
is not so difficult and tried other stuff like pesticides etc.
I you want to try, I cannot stop you of course, I just want to prevent you from
doing the same mistakes others did all over again, losing time, and the probability
your skin will become even worse.

Walter
DB2285

Post by DB2285 »

Well I am only going to take one 6mg tab of Ivermectin so its not that big of a deal to my health.

The thing is I read this regimine that requires you to only use Permethrin once a week as the new hatchlings surface and to use an antibiotic ointment afterwards.

Im all for the ZZ cream but I figured I would use it as a maintence cream if I can tolerate the Kwellada lotion and shampoo once a week.

Is it that important to use something every day when the new mites come out only every few days or so?
changeswillcome

Post by changeswillcome »

DB2285 wrote:Thats my whole problem. My immune system has to be wacked out because I have gone on TWO courses of accutane along with years of antibiotics. Im only 23 now and I have been off the minocyclin/doxy for at least 2 years now but I know I have demodex."
ME:
:idea: >my experience: YOUR LIVER! :idea: I take great: heath store vitamins, minerals, extra b-complex, extra calcium, 2,000 vit C: rose hips, lemon, grapefruit biofavonoids kind, Allergy Free Vitamins. I drink water and/or real green tea leaves every hour of the day. Will boost immune system. Blueberries, plums, black real cherry juice! excellent! I stopped milk products, and wheat products to boost my immune system. I am always well now for 4 years now; no fevers or flu. >

I have been suffering from ocular rosacea and flushing since high school and my ocular symptoms are getting bad. My eyes are practically glues shut every morning I wake up and even though I never get cystic blemishes anymore 2 weeks after using the ZZ cream I got a really bad cystic like pustule. So I must have some kind of mites being killed to have that reaction.
ME:
:idea: <I have had face problems since 13 teen and I am sure 99.99% it was from mites! I never knew, and I have been trying for years to have clear skin. I am 41.
I am on jar #3 this year, and jar #2 of the daily cream Xin Fumanling for 2008. I have been using the soap and shampoo this year. SO, my face is going through cycles: first jar. I had HUGH cystic pussy pimples about one or two a week. Cheek Middle and high area of cheeks, Nose, Chin, by sides of my eyes, under chin very very bad, and of course forehead. I am done with jar #3 and #2. I am out. Still have soap and shampoo. I must have a lot of these! I have scabs daily, where I know they have died. My worst area is Chin: I swear 50-100 white bumps daily from lips down and all around my nose. I have a high powered mirror: wal-mart : $15. I am not giving up. Yeah my face has been flakey, because it gets rid of the dead skin cells and speeds up the process of cell grown on the skin. I'm over it!

I also have a seborrheic component but the thing is all the SD medications have done nothing for me. I mean they actually make the redness worse. I want to go on oral Ivemectin becuase the mites in my eyes are the most annoying for me. And Im not very keen on using the eyelash cream from here. It wasn't fun to use.
ME: :oops:
<I have not purchased the eyelash cream yet! I am on tight budget as it is!>

Im gonna plead with my derm for at least one oral does but if he refuses Im going to order Kwadella from a Candadian pharmacy use it and then keep a maintenance with the ZZ cream. Its just the ZZ cream leaves such a nasty residue and the soap seriously makes my skin flake. Im not sure I could use them both daily for 6 or so months.
ME:
:D :idea:
<this stuff work. I looked up what all the ingredients are, and I was impressed. Sulfur and zinc very good! I believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I swear, I believe many many many people have these! In America, it's our doctors fault! It's about money! Prescription SALES! Retail brands, commercials! It's all about money. Maybe other countries have more of a handle on it!>
Best wishes: don't hurt your body trying to get rid of these things. Liver! Toxic :mrgreen:
rachzon

Post by rachzon »

I'm new to this forum but started reading it when someone mentioned it in the Rosacea forum.

I have been involved in a topical Ivermectin trial now for 6 weeks. The results have been for me unbelievable. I have gone from a face full of papules and pustules to none in this time. I had obvious results after only 1 week.

I have suffered with Rosacea for about 5 years. Most of the time I would have a few papules and every now and again have a face full with pain, flushing. peeling, burning and stinging. I have had 3 papules in 6 weeks. My skin is even soft. The flushing is reduced as well. I have been sick this week and have noticed more flushing than I had in the past few weeks but no papules.

There has been no cycling of outbreaks and the results started almost immediately for me. I have also been using Invisible Zinc (Tinted) which seems to be giving others in the Rosacea forum mixed results. I think it is a wonderful product - just takes a bit of getting used to.

Any way I just thought that I could mentioned that there seems to be a great treatment just around the corner.
ed123

It works!! Don't trust me, trust my mirror....

Post by ed123 »

Believe in your inner voice, it works!

I have been better half way already, so, I am the half-proof man....qqqq :mrgreen: 20 days of struggling....though...

my forehead is excellence clear...my chin clear also...only cheek the remaining problem.....

Are you satisfied with my testimonial? But it would be your choice, God knows? :mrgreen:
ed123

zz cream

Post by ed123 »

the zz cream of course! :mrgreen:
Sanchez

Post by Sanchez »

I nervously tried ivermectin one time and did not get any result from it.
Mistica

Post by Mistica »

Sanchez,

Did you try topical or oral Ivermectin?

Also, how long did you use it and what was the dosage?

Thanks.