zz cream advice please

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

bam85

zz cream advice please

Post by bam85 »

Hello everyone!! Im new to the demodex slutions forum... I was hoping to get some advice on the zz cream.
I used a steroid cream on my face for about 4 months and got steroid induced rosacea.
Even though it has been 8 months since I used the steroid cream my face ALOT better then the horrible outbreak I has but it is still not back to normal!!! ZZ cream was highly recommended by someone who went through the same thing as me and claims that the use of zz cream for 6 months cured her. I received my first zz ointment about a week ago and have only applied it for 2 days ( a very thin layer ) and my skin is already getting extremely dry. How can I help from over drying my skin? Should I only use the cream every other day or use a cream with it?
If anyone has any experience with zz cream can you pleaseee help me out. Thanx.
crazybas

Re: zz cream advice please

Post by crazybas »

bam,

A lot of people undergo a period of extreme redness and dryness when beginning the ZZ cream. While you are applying the ZZ cream, make sure that your face is slightly moist with water, and only use a small amount of cream. Applying the ZZ to a moist face spreads out the cream more and reduces redness and irritation.

Most ZZ users follow this method and it seems to help.

As far as using the ZZ cream every other day, I'd ask Walter.
From what I've seen, most people use it every day- even in the beginning when they experience more extreme irritation. They just tough it out and wait til their skin adjusts.

Hope this helps.
bam85

Post by bam85 »

Thanks so much for your reply!!!
I'm kinda scared to continue with the ointment because what started out as two small bumps by my nose resulted in perioral dermatitis because of the steroid use and now I don't know what to make of my skin.... It doesn't retain any moisture at all and is bumpy. Im so confused as to what treatment to stay with. The only problem I'm having problems with is the moustache area. Since it already is very dry and red, I'm concerned that the ointment will only further irritate it. UGh!!! I just want my skin and my life back!!!! LOL. Thanx again for replying :wink:
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

Because your skin is sick and sensitive now, it can indeed be that the ointment
will irritate your skin in the beginning, key is not to use to much till your skin becomes less sensitive
and can handle the treatment better and don't give up.
If you think, one time a day is too much then use every other day for a while.
The dry skin is only the dead upper cells, no need to be afraid of this.

Walter
bam85

Post by bam85 »

Walter!!! Hello, I really didn't expect to get a reply from you...Im so HAPPY I did!

I know you probably get tired of hearing all the rambling but I'm really having a hard time convincing myself to continue with the zz cream. I was so depressed all summer because of how bad my faced looked that I can't and don't even want to imagine going back to that dark part of my life. Like I mentioned before, my face is not as bad as it was when I stopped using the steroid cream but it just looks so chapped (upper lip area/moustache area) like no moisture at all. I get tiny bumps the size of a pin head, sometimes they have what looks like clear or whitish fluid in them and other times they are just a bump. One doctor said I had seborrheic dermatitis another said perioral dermatitis. I know all these conditions can look alike or overlap each other and I also know that steroid induced rosacea, perioral dermatitis, and rosacea dermatitis also look the same. Im not sure of what to do. Im just so scared of aggravating my condition or just making it worse in the long run.
Have you ever had a case similar to mine?? Maybe someone going through the same can give me some insight on what to expect. I know every one skin reacts different, but it would be great to not feel so alone in all this!! =)
Thanx again.
crazybas

Post by crazybas »

Bam,

I personally suffer from acne, so I don't really know your exact condition.

But,
Check out the post "Rosacea, Laser, and ZZ Cream" right above your post "zz cream advice please" in the forum.

A couple of people, including myself, have recently started using the ZZ cream (some of us have a month or two under our belt, others are just starting) and are posting our experiences in that forum. Our skin problems range from severe acne to severe rosacea. Go through and read those messages, I'm sure a lot of your questions will be answered.

Feel free to introduce yourself and join in with us- the more information we all can pass around, the better this skin repair process will go.

On a similar note to yours though...
I too was unsure about just jumping in and starting the ZZ cream treatment, because I didn't want to have a relapse of a terrible acne stint that I went through last year. I know it's tough to start a new treatment, especially when your face and your appearance are at risk. Get some insight from the postings all throughout this message board, and try to make the best call for yourself.

Sometimes though, you just gotta take the risk and go for it, especially if the evidence looks convincing to do such a thing.