Need help, oppinions

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

peterperry

Need help, oppinions

Post by peterperry »

G'day my name is peter and im 17 years old, i live in queensland australia

I used to ride alot of bmx and out in the sun and never really looked after my face though all of the sudden my face started to become red, permantly red(about 2years ago) so i gave up bmx thinking it would change as it made me very miserable, though it didn't change and my mum hallways put it down to acne. so recently i got a consultation on my face for a IPL treatment and when i got it here let me know that i suffer from rosacea and ive looked on the internet and types and ive came to the conclusion that i have erythematotelangiectatic rosacea. so i got the IPL done and paid extra for the accelerated version though it hasnt really done anything to my face, i cant notice a differance what so ever and i feel as if i through $500 down the drain. I'm suspose to have another treatment in 3 weeks though is there any creams that can control my redness? because i wanna try avoid ipl if im just gonna waste my money

i see a few people talk about zz cream though has it got a chance at makn my redness go away? atleast the slightest bit

heres a picture of my face to give use a idea
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x9/P ... osacea.jpg

if any one could help me please, it would be greatly appreciated

-peter
peterperry

Re: Need help, oppinions

Post by peterperry »

sorry on double post
ed123

Re: Need help, opinions

Post by ed123 »

Hi Pete,

I had worst condition, but zz cream really help my condition!

I had severe cystic acne & pimples plus flushing all day long, but now, the flushing only after meals....

But anyhow, why don't you consult Mr. Walter, he is our expert here! :mrgreen:

Wish you recover soon!
Dr.VladimirKryptoïd

Post by Dr.VladimirKryptoïd »

Hi !

First of all : holy cow ! You look like a really young Malcolm McDowell ( circa A Clockwork Orange ).

Other than this, it sure does look like a very mild beginning of rosacea. Rosacea has multiple causes. Actually, many believe that it's actually a collection of different conditions bound together under a same name because they have the same symptoms : redness, flushing, p&ps after a while, reactions to triggers...

One of the causes that leads to rosacea is indeed Demodex. Now, unless you do the test, you cannot be sure that you have demodex and therefore your rosacea could be due to something else. However, if it's indeed due to demodex, you'd be wise to at least try the ZZ cream for at least a month or two and see if it does something ( if at first you start breaking out from it it could be a good sign that you have demodex for instance ). Nobody can say for sure if it will help you but if you have demodex, then it WILL. Have you tried conventional treatments for your rosacea prior to the IPL ? Metronidazole, oracea...?
peterperry

Post by peterperry »

thanks guys, appreciate help ect

umm no i hadnt ever tried any creams before IPL i didnt even think creams could control it

i honestly thought IPL was the only way to fix it :( and btw that picture of me is after the IPL

the products you mentioned Metronidazole, oracea. do u need a prescription or can i buy online???

thanks

-pete
Dr.VladimirKryptoïd

Post by Dr.VladimirKryptoïd »

Actually, both are antibiotics and are used to control the P&Ps that come with rosacea ( started to have spots two years after the redness itself ) and a bit of the inflamation. However, while in some cases they reduce redness, in other they increase it ( Metrogel is notorious for being rather harsh on the skin at first and sometimes creates additional redness ). Also, they don't CURE rosacea, you have to take these treatments if you want to control the symptoms and they come back as soon as you stop. You cannot take these treatments all your life either because they are antibiotics...Don't want to scare you but I've been dealing with rosacea for a bit less than four years now and Metrogel only managed to control a bit the p&ps. Never did anything for my redness. Laser however worked pretty fine but you have to know that you have to do at least two to three laser treatments to get rid of the redness and that after a treatment, your face looks really bad for at least two weeks...Oh and it's expensive....and it does not get rid of pimples, just redness.

As regards the ZZ cream, it's simply the treatment that worked the best for me until now. I'm not fully healed though but it's been less than two months in the treatment. If you want an illustration : this summer, after my pulsed dye laser treatment, I stopped Metrogel for a month for my skin to recover. Dumb idea. It took me two months for the outbreaks to stop. On a bad day I could have like 30 pimples...( and that's nothing compared to what some people with acne have at their worst ) Now that I'm on ZZ ( didn't take any antibiotic for two months ), on a bad day, I have like, what, 8 pimples ( very small, diameter = three millimeters ). On a good day, I probably have 2 or three of them on my whole face. A very good day : only blotchiness and clear skin.

You don't seem to have a p&p problem yet, which means that your rosacea is still at bay. It would be a good idea to at least try the treatment and see how you react with it. Anyway, whatever you decide with the ZZ cream, at least do something (go see a dermatologist and try a conventional treatment ) because rosacea becomes a real pain in the ass pretty fast. Find a mild hypoallergenic soap, stop everything that is harsh on your skin etc...
peterperry

Post by peterperry »

allright, thanks alot :D
Wanted

Post by Wanted »

Hi all.Im a 49 yo Australian guy who has suffered from rosacea for as long as i can remember...too long.Like thousands of others i have wasted time & money on every known cure without any result.Also like others i stumbled onto this site & products.I have been trying the Xin Fumanling Cream & Acarid soap for a few days now & find that it inflames my skin & of course it makes my rosacea look worse.I have on order some ZZ cream hoping that this is a bit more gentle on my skin.I guess what im looking for is some advice but also some encourgement that these products really do work because trust me this is the last time i will ever fork out money for a "cure".I dont expect top results in a short time but i need to know if im on the right track.If i sound desperate,then i am but anyone who has rosacea will know the feeling.Thanks in advance for any advice or comments.Michael.
Walter

Post by Walter »

"I have on order some ZZ cream hoping that this is a bit more gentle on my skin"
Start with using very, very little ZZ, this is very important if you have a sensitive skin but
on the other hand, don't become afraid if you get some reactions and/or dry skin,
this is because your skin is sick, once your skin becomes better, your skin will also
handle the treatment better, it is a period you need to get through, it is of course not for sure
that you will get any bad reactions from the ZZ, I just tell you this not to become disappointed in the beginning.
So many people who did not give up are happy again with their skin :)

Walter
ed123

Post by ed123 »

I think the "x" factor is "don't give up easily", :mrgreen:
Wanted

Post by Wanted »

Hi,thanks Walter & Ed.I guess frustration is part of rosacea.When the ZZ cream arrives im really going to give it a good try.Thanks for your encourgement.I will keep you posted.Michael.