Extremly dry skin

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

tyedd

Extremly dry skin

Post by tyedd »

Hi

I have started using ZZ and XFML creams daily since August 1st with the "One month treatment" package (2 of each). I'm trying to heal Dermatitis seborreheic with some steroid induced rosacea on top of that.

Problem is my skin quickly became extremly dry, flaky. I found out on the forums i used too much ZZ a few days ago, it was also due to some difficulty applying it, then I tried to apply it on my face when it is still a bit wet but my skin dries so fast than i can't really use that tip unless i'm willing to pour more and more water on my face wich actually lead to drier skin. Anyway so my face was all white and when i woke up, it looked like a face mask. So i began to apply much less ZZ by trying to spead it more, my face is still a bit white on some parts (the parts that are flaky because it's even more difficult to apply with the skin coming off) when i'm done but it is very light, i can say it's improved but it is still very dry with skin coming off.

So i have a few questions:

1- How much ZZ should i apply ? The way I was using it at first, i think i would have used both ZZ after a month as expected. But the way i use it now, i think i would only use one zz for a month so the "one month package" would in fact last 2 month. Is this still efficient enough ?

2- XFML looks like a moisturising cream but i'm not sure of its effect, because my skin is very dry, i have found myself applying more of XFML compared with ZZ. Does XFML moisturises the skin or does it participate to the dryness of my skin ? Instead should i use just a bit of XMFL (like ZZ) ?

3- Can i use a very moisturising cream like once or twice a week instead of XFML ? Or does it conflict with the treatment ?

Thanks for any help.
bayarea

Re: Extremly dry skin

Post by bayarea »

Hi Tyedd,
To your questions I will try to answer from my own experience. I have been using the products for over 6 months with full recovery of my skin. ZZ at night, xfml in the morning and the liquid acarid facial soap twice a day before applying the ointments. My skin looks wonderful now!!!!

1. One zz jar lasts me 3 months and the same with xfml jar. I know they call the 2 of each package a "one month treatment" but really if you use it right and only put a tiny bit it should last 6 months. Yes it has a full effect even when you put just a bit of it, so don't worry. I not only put it on my face but my neck too (that's where I had the breakouts) and still each jar lasts 3 months! I read a long time that Walter said the same thing I just described to someone who asked how long these jars should last with a correct usage.
In general, if you can see the zz on your face after putting it - if there's an obvious white layer on your skin - then you are definitely putting tooooooooo much! After I put zz, you can hardly see it. Trust me it does a great job with just a tiny bit of it.

2. XFML is a demodex treatment by itself but it also moisturizes the skin. Again, no need to put more than a tiny bit. It won't moisturize more or work better that way. So put tiny bit of it to cover all face and that's it.

3. As far as I know, it's best not to put any moisturizers as they can "feed" demodex mites and hence slow the effect of zz and xfml. What I used to do when my skin seemed dry was to put some aloe vera gel in the afternoon (in between xfml and zz times). It seemed to work fine for me.

I hope this helps.
tyedd

Post by tyedd »

thank you bayarea for your response. I think i will have to use some kind of thing with a powerful mositurising effect from time to time so what should i use then not to feed the mites ?

I read that post about Rosula NS but it's not sold in my country and it looksa bit expensive, i could also order it on the internet but it seems hard to find outside the US and i'm going to have problems finding a store that send overseas so if there is something easy to find that works too, i'm interrested.

I'm going to try the aloe verra gel but are you sure it doesn't feed the mites too ?
bayarea

Post by bayarea »

I don't know anything about the rosula, so I can't advice on that.
tyedd wrote:I'm going to try the aloe verra gel but are you sure it doesn't feed the mites too ?
Honestly I'm not sure of anything, but I can only say that although I put aloe vera gel from time to time, I was clear of breakouts after a little less than 3 months! So I don't think it slowed the effect of the overall treatment for me.
You have to remember that every person and every skin reacts differently. Please note that aloe vera is not greasy and absorbs quickly into the skin, therefore it's lighter than a regular cosmetic moisturizer. At the same time it relaxes the skin and takes a bit of the redness. It might not be the "powerful moisturizer" you're looking for, but it might help a bit without interfering with the process of the demodex elimination treatment.

Good luck!
:)