I found a cure for the extreme flakiness caused by ZZ cream!

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

DB2285

I found a cure for the extreme flakiness caused by ZZ cream!

Post by DB2285 »

I have a seborrheic component to my rosacea so my skin is flakey to begin with. I have tried Ketoconazole, Selenium Sulfide, and many other medications. They never worked.

The only thing that helped was a sodium sulfcetamide and sulfur wash under the brand names Plexion and Rosula. The problem was that Sulfur has a kerotalytic property to it that sheds skin faster to help with acne. Well it just made my skin even more flakey but it helped with redness a little.

Well after doing my own research I found that Rosula NS is a medicated pad that contains the sulfacetamide which inhibits microbes but instead of sulfur it has 10% urea to moisturize.

I swear it's so easy to use. It's just like those oxy pads but after your done you look like you just moisturised! Which is great becuase it gets rid of all my flakes caused by my SD and the ZZ cream.

I use ZZ at night then I shower and use the Rosula NS in the morning to get rid of flakes. It's working great so far. Now I just need the ZZ to start doing its thing.
Moominma

Re: I found a cure for the extreme flakiness caused by ZZ cream!

Post by Moominma »

I use ZZ at night then I shower and use the Rosula NS in the morning to get rid of flakes. It's working great so far. Now I just need the ZZ to start doing its thing.
Aren't you using the XMFL (or XFML, can never remember which way round the letters go!) cream in the morning? The medicated one is like a moisturiser.

I wonder if you're using too much ZZ cream? My face only went flakey right at the beginning when I used too much. Now I use so little, you wouldn't believe it! Really I only get a very light covering (almost transparent) of ZZ cream onto a finger and wipe it all over my dampened face.

I know you are desperate for a cure, but really, rather than mix the products you are using, stick to the products here ONLY for three months or so. Don't use anything else. Is three months too long to wait out of a life of bad skin? I don't think so. xxx
DB2285

Re: I found a cure for the extreme flakiness caused by ZZ cream!

Post by DB2285 »

Here's the thing. I can not tolerate any kind of moisturizer on my face especially the XMFL cream. My skin is so rediculously oily that moisturizers just make everything worse.

Honestly the Rosula NS pads are working great with the ZZ cream and there is no reason to stop becuase they inhibit bacteria instead of killing it so there is no risk of resistence and it helps keep my skin flake free.

Like I said before, my skin is flakey regardless of using ZZ so I really have no choice. Plus the Urea makes my skin look so smooth.