flushing

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

rouge

flushing

Post by rouge »

I don't have acne, but I do have flushing. I wanted to know if the zz cream and soap works for that and would I experience break outs even though I don't have break outs now? Also, can the treatments be used on teenagers?
Moominma

Re: flushing

Post by Moominma »

Hi Rouge xx

The reason I started using this treatment was for flushing. Well...in fact, I had permanent redness on the 'apples' of my cheeks and up my cheekbones. I also had a red chin, red nose and was red around my 'jowls'.

I never had acne, and my skin was never rough...but the constant redness started to really get me down and my face (esp my nose) itched. The contrast between my red chin and white neck was very annoying to me. Since I started treatment, my skin initially got worse...I became even itchier than before and my skin was so blotchy and red, I was very worried! My face sometimes was even itchier than before and each itchy lump would (and still does occasionally) become a tiny whitehead.

However...

My skin is so much better now overall. I have occasions where it flares up (esp if I put a lot of ZZ cream on at night) but that's is where I believe it is killing mites...so you get a reaction. Today, I went to visit my Mum, and she just kept telling me how beautiful I looked and what was I using on my face? That's a big improvement for someone that usually had a load of red, itchy lumps on their face, I can tell ya! lol

Try the treatment...use the ZZ cream sparingly, but be prepared for your skin to get slightly worse first. If you flare up, use a little less ZZ cream, but keep using the xfml.

Hope it works for you. :)
rouge

Post by rouge »

Thanks for replying. Can you tell me how long you were on zz before your skin began to get better, and did you use it everyday? I've read some messages that they used it once a week or so and it seemed to helped with the flushing.
Moominma

Post by Moominma »

I use the ZZ cream every night. I use it so sparingly (generally) that I still haven't finished a pot of it in 2.5 months! In the same time, I have just about finished the XFML cream (I've just re-ordered both and received yesterday).

I think it's a case of trial and error. To my mind, I came to believe the flushing I had was down to mites - so I had to kill those mites. I didn't just want to keep them under control , I wanted to eradicate them. :wink:

Maybe Walter can answer your question better, maybe just xfml cream would do the trick if you're not too bad? I can only give my opinion and say what's worked for me personally. :)
Walter

Post by Walter »

Can you tell me how long you were on zz before your skin began to get better, and did you use it everyday? I've read some messages that they used it once a week or so and it seemed to helped with the flushing.
Hello
using the ZZ once in a week is not enough, for maintenance treatment this can be ok though.
Minimum is 2 or 3 times a week.

Walter