Nodular and Cystic Acne

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

LiqInfsn

Nodular and Cystic Acne

Post by LiqInfsn »

Hi everyone,

I have couple of questions about nodular and cystic acne. On the side of cheek, I think I have developed a cyst (I'm not exactly sure if it's a cyst or nodule). It's a red bump about 1/2 inch in length. And inside of it seems to contain semi-solid material. Sometimes the bump gets a little bigger and sometimes it shrinks down a bit, all depending on different time of the day. But it's never gone for sure, it's a red bump that's been on my face for over a year now (other part of my face is not that bad, except I have few of these bumps on my jaw line). Getting irritated and wanting get rid of it, I purchased ZZ cream hoping it would help. Well I can't really tell right now because it's only been couple of days since my order arrived.

So anyone have similar problems or success on this particular issue? I heard these things feed on oil, so it will continue to be there unless if oil production can be reduced. After using the ZZ cream for couple of days now. I noticed that my face still produce some amount of oil, but not as much as before. However, would ZZ cream alone be able to completely deracinate cysts? Should antibiotics be taken as well in the process to expedite the progress? I have taken tetracycline before (for about a year), and now taking doxycycline and it doesn't seem it's doing much. Maybe I have developed resistance to antibiotics. I've also heard of accutane, but I would probably only try it as my last resort because of it's side effect. So anyone have their cysts or nodules completely cured by the ZZ cream? What can I expect from the process? So I'm basically wondering if ZZ cream is capable of curing severe form of acne such as cysts and nodules.

Thank you all for the help, I'm very much appreciated.
Walter

Re: Nodular and Cystic Acne

Post by Walter »

Hello

I can not answer this one, sometimes those cyst like bumps go away,
sometimes not, you will need to wait and see what happens but
I think it is worthwhile to try it, I don’t say this just to give you hope,
many times they indeed go away, I just cannot say for sure.
Most of the time, those bumps start from a blocked infected sebaceous gland,
the immune system reacts with encapsulating the gland and there you go,
the reason from that infected sebaceous gland is many times demodex mites.
If it would not go away then the only option is to let it remove by a dermatologist
but like I wrote, first wait and see what happens.
Antibiotics doesn’t help for this, they cannot reach the problem source.
Do you still have acne except those bumps?
In this case, you should better treat the whole face, maybe you already do?

Walter