6 weeks - new breakouts - is that normal?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

bayarea

6 weeks - new breakouts - is that normal?

Post by bayarea »

Hi everyone,

I started the treatment 6 weeks ago: zz at night, XFML in the morning, and foam acarid soap 2-3 times a day. I put zz and xfml on my face + neck because my breakouts are almost only on my neck and some on the jaw line. I almost never have acne on my face, and when I do, it's located on the jaw line, close to the ears or hairline around my temples.
I am careful not to put a lot from ointments, just a bit to cover all areas on face and neck.
My skin was somewhat irritated at the first week or so of the treatment, but it got used to the treatment and so far no real major bad reactions, and not dry either.
About 2 and a half years ago I was tested and the results showed Demodex Follicularum. When trying to make the home test 5 weeks ago, I didn't see anything, but it's most likely that the microscope was not in the right magnification or that I just didn't do the test right. I'm sure I have demodex - all the symptoms are there.

At the first 2 weeks of the treatment some people have used the term "more calm" to describe my skin around the neck. As if my skin was not so much in a "battle" as before. But I myself am not too sure, as most days it looks more calm but every once in a while it gets more irritated and a few new breakouts appear again. Just like before...
I know that some people react to the treatment with more breakouts, but obviously I'm not one of them. The only thing I'm almost sure about is that the zz dries out old and new breakouts more thoroughly and more quickly, and the breakouts develop, pop and die more quickly with zz. But is that enough to define that it may cure my skin????

I would like to know about other people's experience that don't react with severe acne. Do they just get better? Do they have setbacks too?
You see, in the first 5 weeks, although some breakouts here and there, my neck skin seemed like it was starting to heal. BUT in the last week I had a LOT of new breakouts (including 1-2 big ones) in comparisson to the first 5 weeks of treament.
I don't mind treating for a few more months, but I am curious to know if this is at all working and is my reaction "normal" compared to others like me with no severe acne to begin with.

Please reply - Walter and/or other people!
Thanks
Moominma

Re: 6 weeks - new breakouts - is that normal?

Post by Moominma »

Hello Bayarea

Just so you know that someone's listening. :)

I'm new to all this, but do you think your breakout could be due to the lifecycle of the Demodex? On the FAQ's here it says:

Demodex brevis mites live deeper in the sebaceous glands and doesn't surface so much, they are much more difficult to reach, that is why demodex brevis takes a longer time to eliminate.
The ovum and nymphs are always in a deeper part of the skin and are covered with a membrane which nothing can penetrate. The ovum and nymphs cannot be killed, not with pesticides, not with ivermectin or whatever. The time from copulating until a new generation hatches is between 15 to 20 days. So, it is very important to treat in a continuous way to catch the adults and prevent them from mating again.

Perhaps it's the second wave of hatchings? Ewwww that sounds gross, doesn't it?!!!

We could do with someone with some real knowledge (Walter?) adding some information for you. x
bayarea

Post by bayarea »

Thank you Moominma!
Yes that's what I'm hoping - that it's another cycle - a more severe one though....
As for the quote you gave - it refers to Demodex brevis. As far as I know I was diagnosed with Demodex Follicularum - which is supposed to be less harmful. But go figure, I was diagnosed 2.5 years ago, so maybe I now also have Brevis...?

I'd love to hear from more people...anyone???? Walter?
:?:

BTW Moominma, when did you start the treatment and how is it going along?
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

Yes, everything you describe are normal things during the first months of treatment,
why do some get severe breakouts during the treatment and others not?
I don’t know…………………………….
Most people, including doctors even don’t know demodex mites are responsible for so many skin problems, so think………….
It takes time to eliminate demodex mites and can be a difficult process, it is hard to tell what is normal during the treatment,
we have already 5 years experience, helped already thousands of persons and we know what can happen during the treatment
and what to be careful for, so we can advice people well but we cannot predict what will happen, it all depends too much from person to person,
the key is not to become disappointed, believe in what you are doing and continue treating.

Walter
bayarea

Post by bayarea »

Hi Walter,

Thanks for replying. I do have great hopes from the treatment, as I tried practically everything.....
As I said earlier my acne problem would probably not be considered severe in comparison to some of the people here - since I only have it on my neck, not on my face. Maybe that's why I didn't react to zz with a lot of new breakouts in the first weeks. I was just surprised that after 5 weeks of less breakouts suddenly a new attack - and a big one too.
But if you say it's "normal", then I won't discourage.

I treat very "religiously - every day with no exceptions, and I stopped wearing makeup to help the treatment. I only add some eye cream 1-2 times a day around the eye area (where the treatment is not used).
I actually like both zz and xfml, and my skin is not dry at all!

I really hope that in a couple of more months it will all be gone....
Moominma

Post by Moominma »

Bayarea said:
and I stopped wearing makeup to help the treatment
I was intrigued when I read that, as I'd stupidly thought you were a man! :lol: I should have known better, the internet makes everyone a bit ambiguous, especially when we only have names to go on! :lol:

I've had to stop the ZZ cream for two nights as I have to go to Uni and into London. I've just used the xmfl cream instead...with make-up too! I need all the help I can get! :oops:
bayarea

Post by bayarea »

What were the symptoms which made you start using demodexsolutions?
How long since you started the treatment? Is it helping you?
mysecretcurse

Post by mysecretcurse »

My break outs became progressively worse after 6 weeks, until eventually my skin was becoming so infected I couldnt heal and had to stop. I also had a lot of problems with developing an itching burning rash on my neck and face so it possibly could be an allergy. I truly hope this doesnt happen to you.
bayarea

Post by bayarea »

I hope so too mysecretcurse....I actually saw your previous ads about stopping the treatment. I hope you get better.
As for you - Moominma - Why did you start the treatment, when, and how are you feeling with that? - I hope you don't mind sharing....
Moominma

Post by Moominma »

Hi Bayarea :)

I've been using zz and xmfl (in the evenings) for 10 days. Only in the last two days has my skin been looking better. In fact, it looks much better and I don't react to the creams like I was doing. It was pretty bad for a while - my skin was just a mess of large itchy lumps that turned into tiny whiteheads (never had them before) and just a whole load of redness everywhere. Now I'm looking almost normal, still red in places and sometimes get an itchy lump, but nothing much.

I never had acne, just the big itchy lumps and permanent redness on cheeks, chin and nose. It seems to be getting under control now. I do expect another break out though...those eggs have to hatch at some point...ewww

I have to say, I was VERY worried about ordering creams from China and wasn't sure about all this Demodex parasite stuff. However, I ask myself why I reacted pretty violently to the creams (esp the zz) at first and now...nothing. If the violent reaction was an allergy, or some kind of toxins in the creams, then surely I'd still get the reactions after 10 days. Or I'd be in a real mess facially now. I can only imagine that this stuff really DOES kill demodex.

I'll see how it goes and I'll keep up the treatment until the end.
Moominma

Post by Moominma »

It's been a month now, and suddenly my face has become very red with big itchy lumps again.

Hmm...very annoying!!! I'll carry on, hopefully this'll get better. Maybe it's new eggs hatching...

Just when I was thinking I was looking better too. :(
Walter

Post by Walter »

Yes, I know, it can be disappointing but one month is not 3 or 4…………………
and even then, some people can still get minor breakouts but that are luckily exceptions.
Just believe in the treatment and continuo, it will stop ………………………

Walter
Moominma

Post by Moominma »

Thanks Walter xx

It's been about 6 weeks now. Generally I used xmfl cream in the morning (very little) and the ZZ cream at night (again, very little). My face is a little better, some days it looks really good, other days, the big itchy spots come back.

I have worked out a cunning plan though! If I have to go somewhere important, or if I want to look really good for a day, I stop treatment at least 24 hours before that time. It's almost guaranteed to give me great looking skin that I hardly need make-up for. I assume my skin will look like this all the time when the treatment is finished - I can hardly wait!

One more thing: I had a red spot, like broken blood vessels on my cheek. It's probably been there for about three years. With this treatment, it's fading so quickly, that it's hardly there anymore. That's pretty amazing. :)

PS: I dropped something in a supermarket recently and it smashed on the floor...it was because my fingertips are slightly 'burnt' and very, very smooth due to applying the ointments to my face! lol
Moominma

Post by Moominma »

With view to keeping some kind of record on here... :D

It's been 2.5 months now. xfml in the morning, zz in the evening, and I AM wearing make-up most days, which is probably not a great idea, but I feel better with a bit of light foundation on.

Anyway, I had a horrendous 8 days or so about a week ago. Really itchy face, totally blotchy - like a rash, and lots of tiny little pin-prick whiteheads. God! My face itched SO much!

I gave up the ZZ cream at night for about four days, and now I'm back to normal again now, with my skin looking pretty good. I think what happened was I got a bit too liberal with the ZZ cream (applied too much for several nights) and the mites went mad.

Anyway...onwards and upwards! Must buy some more xfml....
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello again

Don’t use to much, that’s really not necessary,
take your time with the treatment and listen to your skin,
if you feel you react to much, slow down, not treating for a day,
or a couple of days once in a while is not so important, that’s ok.
You will indeed see that when you stop treating for a while, your skin will look great
but it is too soon to stop.
You will get there……………. :D

Thanks a lot for your update, keep in touch……………

Walter