NEWBIE QUESTIONS

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

ATHALIA

NEWBIE QUESTIONS

Post by ATHALIA »

What is everyone's normal routine as far as facial cleansers and applying the Demodex cream?

Right now I am using proactiv, when I receive the Demo cream, can I continue to use proactiv in the morning
and use the Demo facial cleanser and cream at night or do these two products interfere with each other?

I am used to washing my face, toning it, then applying mosturizer. Can I still do this and apply the cream after?

Sorry, just trying to get prepared. What do you folks normally do or what should be a normal daily routine?

Thanks
bayarea

Re: NEWBIE QUESTIONS

Post by bayarea »

I used Proactive and it didn't help me at all. It contains Benzoyl Peroxide - which is the active ingredient in Proactive products. According to Demodex Solutions instructions - you should NOT use their products along with Benzoyl Peroxide.
I myself stopped using any products when using Demodex Solutions products, including NO makeup, because all cosmetics and make up can actually "feed" demodex mites and therefore interfere with the treatment and slow down the improvement.
I use Acarid removing foam face-wash twice a day, ZZ at night, and XFML in the morning. That's all I do!
In the first couple of weeks, when I felt a need, I added Aloe -Vera gel for a bit of moisture in between the morning and evening, but later I stopped that too.
I've been treating for three and a half months now and I have to say that this the first time in 2 years that my acne is really clearing up. I had instant improvement in the first 2 weeks, but then new acne later. A major setback happened 6 weeks after starting the treatment, and that lasted for about another month or more - on and off, but I still could feel a good change.
For the last 4 weeks now - there have been NO NEW ACNE - and my skin is finally starting to heal!!! I keep checking my skin fearfully every morning to see if there's any new breakout, but so far so good....
I hope this info helps.
Good Luck!
ATHALIA

Post by ATHALIA »

THANK YOU, THAT HELPED ALOT! :P
bayarea

Post by bayarea »

You are most welcome!

By the way, I do put lipstick on. That's the only makeup product I didn't stop using. After all, if no other makeup is allowed, then lipstick should do the trick... :wink:
The regime of getting ready and going out of the house becomes so much shorter and easier. And you'll be surprised to know that we actually look just as good without makeup, and a bit of lipstick is more than enough....

Good Luck!
bayarea

Post by bayarea »

One more thing I forgot to mention:
I am using eye cream for around the area of the eyes (where i don't put the treatment products).
So all together the only products I have been using (on top of the 3 demodex solutions products I mentioned above) are: eye cream, lipstick and from time to time aloe-vera gel.