Colonies of arm/fae sores with mites

For body skin problems, post here

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

hopeful

Colonies of arm/fae sores with mites

Post by hopeful »

Dear Walter,

Very happy to find your site last night at 4 in the morning.

My situation is this, I have one lession on my eyebrow, one on my chin, and then my arms and one hand are covered with crusty welts. I have gone thru extreme pain for the last 10 months without being correctly diagnosed.

Experienced all the ususal, expensive dematalogical visits only to be told I was delusional, etc. For most of this time, my self -help treatmnets invovled diets etc for yeast candida. I thought that I had this condition as I have been prescribed antibiotcs, cortisone shots, etc, etc for years by doctors. When I started the diet, the condition seemed to get worse, but I contributed it to candida "dye-off".

Finally I found a wonderful doctor who confirmed that I had a hybrid fungal infection that was now affecting internal organs, etc. As a result I have an extremely compromised immune system. They now have me on a great program to correct this condition and boost the immune system again. (that feels like it is working)

However, for the past 10 months I have also been able to pull from these sores (very carefully and strategically with a good tweezers) at times up to a 100 of these small white (I was calling them spores, I now believe they are Demodex mites) from these afflicted areas.

I thanked the doctor for figuring out the first part of the puzzle, but said " please, please tell me what these are!!!". He studied my sores under a low power microscope and when we nudged the sore, he saw one dive back inside. I had brought some on a plastic slide as well. He was leaving to pick up his dog at the vet, and brought the slide with him. It was the VET who first comfirmed they were mites!! Go figure ......

Our inital opinion was that they were Noregian mites (the same as scabie mites, but instead of a dozen, you can have hundreds). Seemed to fit. However as I studied the pictures, those mites just did not match my mites appearance. Mine are very very tiny, not microscopic exactly, but much smaller than an insect and resembling a miniature white cigar with little sucker feet at the top ( I will be viewing them under a microscope tonight myself, but was eager to wrtie you now).

Searching the internet thru the night, I came upon your site and others with pictures of the demodex mites that matched mine! I really think I am finally uncovering the truth. As I mentioned however this has gone untreated for a long long time and they have multipied in to sci-fi colonies across my arms in particular. I know it is genrally considered a face mite, but apparently with a lowered immune system they can appear in other places with this intensity.

Sorry to be so long winded, but it has been a long terrifying road. I am very interested in your opinion.
Have you seen condtions such as this before?
Does it sound to yu like it is the Demodex mite?
Do you think a case this difficut can be cleared up?

We were in Costa Rica recently where you can get things easily over the counter.
I used the Ivermectina product (four treatments over a 2 week period) double the reccomended dose. I stopped after my husband looked it up and found it was a neuro-toxin, with potentially dangerous side effects.
I have also used the Permethrin cream, 3 times in two weeks. (also more then recommeded). This is also in fact an insecticide and not particularly safe either.
I have applied Crotamin cream, about 20 times. I think this is derived from snake venom and I can't seem to get a definative answer on how dangerous it is, I have read some reports of ill effects to the liver and lungs.
I have recently started on tea tree oil rubs, mild bleach baths, sulfer soaps .....
The best night was when in despertion I dumped an entire box of borax into the tub. It was beautiful. Some of the crusty lessions literally fell off and healed up.

At this point I would say it is 70% better. Most of the adults seem to be gone for now, very little of the painful biting is felt. I do have many remaining welts however that seen to be full of eggs.

I will be ordering your products today. Last night was the first time I think I may identifed the correct mite.

Please comment on my situation. I welcome any of your thoughts.

I am particularly intersested as well in how contagious these may be. When I thought it was scabies, I was simply overwhelmed with the task. I live with a husband, two teenagers, two cats, a dog, two cars, big house.

Do you think this is as contagious as scabies, how nuch can be transfered thru clothing, bedding, carpets, cars,etc?

I am suprised that in all this time when it was diagonosed, no one I have been around have gotten any systems.

I respectly wait your reply.

Recently suicidal with panic, now breathing with some hope,
Deborah
Walter

Re: Colonies of arm/fae sores with mites

Post by Walter »

Dear Deborah

I never saw this kind of condition in real, I am not a doctor, just somebody with already a lot of experience
regarding treating demodex mites, but we already had other people with sort of the same condition.
First of all, would it be possible for you to post those mite pictures or email them to me?
you can use any demodex email address or [email protected]
that would be a start.
I should have some skin pictures from somebody, as I remember well, had the same symptoms but I need to look them up.
In the mean time, for the sores on the body, use the Xin Fumanling cream.

Walter
horizontalis

Post by horizontalis »

hi deborah, your problems sound very very similar to mine and I have had this problem for about 20 years and also been to the verge of wanting to end my life.....conventional medicine has been of no help whatsoever, all they did was make me feel like a hypochondriac or someone with mental health problems.....but who would not be feeling pretty depressed and scared at the idea of having a parasitic condition that might be contagious and the outcome of which could only be imagined.....no advice or signposts to be had anywhere.....I have just felt like one of the damned or cursed, it has been horrible.....like maybe I have a moral duty to kill myself etc. picking little cigar shaped fragments out of your skin for all that time and thinking you were suffering from self delusional obsessive compulsive disorders is not good for ones self esteem.....to put it mildly.

Anyway, I have been using Demodex ointments for a few months now - because it is a whole body thing for me (face, arms, legs, torso, back) it is a long and slow process of gradual improvement and the ointment does seem to burn a bit and make surface skin in damp areas and creases actually slough off a bit....but it always heals and seems in much better condition afterwards. The lesions are itchy and I have scarring all over from scratching (I imagine like chicken pox scarring). Also at some stages in what appeared to be a lifecycle of the mites, nighttimes would be a misery of whole body itching like my skin was crawling and feeling little sharp bites....this is very much reducing all the time. In dry more robust areas, the skin just heals better and the sores disappear.....which is absolutely wonderful.

I am very very grateful for what the creams have done to help my skin improve so far....the treatment is on-going....hope this helps. The Zhongzhou Zinx Oxide Sublimed Sulphur ointment is good at night, but it is thick and opaque white so is unsightly for daytime use unless used very thinly.

The Xin Fumanling cream is much more gentle and disappears into the skin easily, so it is completely invisible, it doesn't seem as strong as the other one. These are my personal opinions and I reserve the right to update my remarks if required as time goes by.

All the best - do not give up, I feel sure things can be much better :)
hopeful

Post by hopeful »

Hello horizontalis,

Yes, while this body attack from demodex is not as common, it is can be quite overwhelming. My situation went undiagnosed for almost a year so they were able to establish deep colonies into my arms. I can only imagine in 20 years what they did with all that free real estate on your body!! Bless your heart. Just think of all the people out there without the knowledge and nowhere to turn to.

Thank God for these people and their products. In just over a month the sores covering my arms are 80% gone!! I intend to continue use because I think the females can linger for awhile, but I feel like a NEW person.

The night time can be just terrible. This is because they are biologically programed to mate at night when the "host" is sleeping and less likely to defend themselves. They are living things trying to survive, but it explains why nighttime is so difficult. They used to wake me about 4am. I find this is a good time to apply or re-apply the product because this is when they are out and on the surface. Insidious things aren't they? I also find the ZZ to be stronger against body conditions.

It is interesting to hear that you also can remove them. I answered someone in another section (acne/face), who thought they were not demodex if I can see them. Sometimes it sounds like you are pulling off ticks or lice or somethimg. But actually from what I researched they are one of the few mites that can be seen by the human eye. They are about the thickness of one to three human hairs. I think those of us with them on our bodies find them more easily because we can "peer" more closely at arms, etc.

If you ever find yourself waiting in between shipments for products to arrive, australian tea tree oil (available in most health stores) is also an excellent treatment against them. Using this as an occasional alternative is helpful, although I do believe these Chinese products are the answer to really eradicating them. When you have a lot of area to cover the addition of the tea tree oil can be cost-effective and I also find that spreading a light coat over my entire body at night prevents them from finding new territory when they are trying to run from the areas I am treating with the zz.

I am very glad to hear things are improving for you also. Life is so wonderful when you feel healthy. So thanks to these folks and their wonderful research we can support each other and look forward to better future.

Kind thoughts and warm regards to you ....
horizontalis

Post by horizontalis »

Hi,

I completely agree, I am so grateful to the Demodex Solutions people for their having developed this product - it has given me a whole new lease of life....I thought it was nearly over and was feeling almost relieved....so I am indeed extremely grateful for this development. Your kind email also, with advice and kindness is much appreciated :)

I know what you mean about whole body coverage - it does make a lot of sense. I haven't done that completely because of the costs of maintaining that kind of coverage over the full life cycle of different generations of mites.....so maybe progress is more slow, but I think it is a steady improvement day by day. I also top up applications where I find the crawling biting itching sensations at night. They are living beings who are trying to survive after all.....all life is well, survival of the most persistent I guess ! I'm not sure whether I have only demodex or whether there are other critters too....jury is still out on that, but the ointments seem to calm everything down.

I'm also taking gut cleansing preparations - trying to make myself as clean as I can from the inside as well. Watching my diet, clean organic food - more vegetables and doing Qi Gong exercises.....I don't maybe do as much as I could (my self discipline is a bit weakened because of tiredness) but it is getting a little stronger gradually gradually - I am really grateful for all this.

I find great consolation in feeling sympathy for Mother Earth who has all these dreadful invasions and encrustations of human activity hurting her body....it helps me a great deal when I'm feeling sorry for myself, I suddenly get a whole new perspective.

Many thanks again for taking the time to post with ideas and shared experiences this is all helpful, love and blessings to you also with your healing, I'm encouraged to hear it is going so well :)
changeswillcome

Post by changeswillcome »

Wow: Like I said before: I became aware in 2003 or 4. I had them pop out every where after going to the gym, and my son had terrible out break all over his body. I started doing research! Scabies. The doctors don't want to say that is what it is. I bought the borax, tea tree oil, sulfar, bleach, you name it! I didn't find this websit until last year. Everyone thought I was and am CRAZY! :shock:
-But how I found out about mites that live on the face: Scabies don't live on the face! (shouldn't be) We could have combinations of critters! :twisted: :shock:

I Love the Sauna; but I haven't had my gym membership in over a year. I take a ton of vitamins, and that has helped. I don't drink alcohol for almost a year. No soda, no dariy, no wheat, tons of water and real green tea.

My face still has mites, and I have been on and off with the products due to money issues of my own. I have the soap, and both creams and I just bought shampoo. I have at my house borax, tea tree lotion, tea tree oil, sulfar 5%, and these products on here, shampoo ordered, xx and Xin Fumanling cream 3% metronidazole.

Doctors are all about the money and they just write perscriptions! I had doctors tell me I was crazy! about 2004, in the sauna, I watched tons of black dots and white balls pop out of my skin every where left and right! I itched and itched and it took weeks to semi clear up. I had about 12 burrow holes on my hands, arms, legs stomach that took a year to heal. I still have scars where the skin is white. (yes they look like scars from chicken pox) first the hole appears after using borax, sauna, tea tree oil on my skin. the a while ball was popping out of the hole, the there was a open hole for weeks and then it started to heal. It was scary and embarrassing!
Then I found out about the mites on the face! crazier scary! It made me germ-phobic!

Right now under my chin, I have 2 open sores for one week now. last night I saw 3 white balls in the one open red wound. They have to be eggs. They won't come out! The balls will move around, but I can't get them to come out. I tried using a sharp pin, and doesn't work. So, I just keep putting cream on it! I have 2 of those right now! I have tons of black dots under the skin right now on my face! I have a strong mirror. Under my eye, I must have a colony going on! They are having a party under my skin! There are tons of them. Last week there was a hugh white head under my eye, and still this week more - every day keep coming up.

Is this ever ending? I feel crawling all day long. My face doesn't even look as bad as some people. I can only image!

We need BETTER PUBLIC AWARENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't give up the fight!

Also, I have been using the soap and leaving it sit on my face dry for 30 minutes then rinse off.

Also, a health store owner told me that it's good to drink 2 tble spoons of olive oil (cold pressed extra virgin) every day to help from our skin drying out! internally speaking.

My bf thinks all the dots on him are "heat bumps" I just have to beg him to use the soap and shampoo and I have to buy the lotion and put on his body to help him. He thinks only Irish Spring is "GOD". for real!

My son finally started listening to me, because his face go so bad; he lives with his dad. Hard for me to make sure sheets are clean, ect. I bought all the kids pillow protectors. I bought him the ZZ cream. All my kids use now.

Vitamins! B and 2000 C mg (good kind) I take every day. + I am on the O blood type diet.

I super believe that results aren't going to happen over night from years of this! I truly believe that I have had this since a child.

Dogs: revolution is suppose to aid in mite killing on the dogs. My dogs has killed wild animals, and birds, so that mean mite transfer! She is flee and mange free. She may have some mites, but can't tell on the outside. (black dots around their nipples could be a sign that they have mites) I put sulfur cream on her belly once a month.

The thought of hundreds living in one hair falical is INSANE! :shock:
hopeful

Post by hopeful »

Well hello changeswillcome,

Good name, good attitude .... important.

I can feel the intensity of your feelings and I can relate to that feeling of looking everywhere, trying everything.

I am much calmer then when I first found this site, partly from being able to narrow down the scope. I rely pretty much now on these products, supplementing with tea tree oil for cost effectiveness. Also use a high quality vitamin C (never absorbic acid), and B12/folic acid supplement along with my vitamin program as a strong immune system is very important in this fight.

As you mentioned, you may have a combination of things. Is it possible the black ones are a blackhead (acne) condition? Sometimes, that one is easier to solve since there are may cures for that, like the "Proactive" products. My case is very much as you describe, but I am use to the red sores with those odd "alien" white bumps in them. I'm not always sure if it is the mites or eggs. The demodex mite slides down the hair and goes head first, biting into the skin with its teeth like feelers in the front of it's head. I feel the biting sensation where these white bumps attach. I am able to pull them out with a tweezer if I go directly on top, attaching the tweezer on both sides. Sometimes I need to tug at them a little.

I eliminated "scabies" as a possibility for me since no one in my household of 4 got them in almost a year, and they are very contagious. They are usually no more then a dozen strong .... if they are in the multitudes, they are called NORWEGIAN MITES", same bug, just many many more of them. Like scabies on steriods. If you have had this condition for as long as you mention, many people around you would be getting them. So you can weight that out and decide. If you do think it is scabies, google those websites, lots of help there also.

If it is neither of these, but rather a long term demodex mite situation, (referred to as face mite, but also hair folicle mite, and it appears it can be found many places on the body as with our cases), then you might take comfort in knowing that the prevention/cleaning aspects are not as overwhelming as with scabies. This mite will not live very long off the human body. Once you have pillow protectors, etc .... regular washing with clothes and bedsheets seem to suffice. Scabies mites can be a much more nervewracking problem as they can live in your car, furniture, keyboards, etc .... and live off the human host longer. So there are some benefits if it is demodex!

If your bf has them however and you are in close contact with that person, you could be getting them back quickly even with all your efforts to be rid of them. If they care about you, you may ask them to take the situation more seriously and be treated at the same time as you. They certainly can be passed skin to skin when they are very much alive.

Also, animals can not carry this mite. They do have a demodex animal mite, but it is different and this human mite will not even attach itself to animals. A scabies mite will not feed off an animal, but it will ride around on it for awhile and then jump back on you. Not so with the demodex mite. On less thing to worry about.

The other good news is that these products absolutely work, (the tea tree combo will help supplement the cost when you have so many areas like this). There definitely is HOPE!! Thanks for sharing your story. Keep hanging in there .....

All the best,
Hopeful
changeswillcome

scabies :twisted: : kids all used the medicine: I forced the doctor to give me the medicine: thought I was crazy! :shock: but my boys live w their dad; So difficult to stop re-occuring from happening.

I fought them with sauna visits for 2 years.

mites on the face: yeah! I am sure from years of having them, not going 2 go away over nite.

I read about bird mites that can live on the face of humans as well. I googled it. My dog use to kill birds, and she slept with use. I know she had them. I treated her with sulfar ointment 5%, tea tree shampoo and Revolution. She looks great now, never scratches herself. Her ears were gross! for about 3 years; I read about that too, and now her ears are completely pink and no gross stuff in them; vet said she is very clean. We use to have about 7 cats too; no more cats in the family and they all slept with us and they too killed birds. I didn't use Revolution on them; too expensive.

My bf, well, I try to keep lotion on him. He thinks the bumps all over him are HEAT BUMPS! He knows about my thoughts on the subject. He is in denial and wonders why his hair is falling out on his head! lol :? I bought him soap and shampoo. I only see him once a week, but we did live together for 3 years. He has them worse than ever now that he is at his dad's full time. I feel like things are biting me when I sit on their couch, so I sit on towels. 30 yr old couch! Yeah! 30 yr old carpet! I know what you are saying though. His face is clear, but not his head, nose and body. It could be the hair mites on him? It's something; not heat bumps. I put niviea lotion on him, and the black dots: not black heads, black dots like lead; come popping out every where on his skin; right before my eyes, sometimes fifty of them. It's crazy. I read about those too.

I read a crazy story on the internet about a lady who went to skin doctor: told them she left like things were crawling all over her.. Doctor said nothing wrong with her.. Sent her to a "head" doctor, and he said that she was imagining things! Gave her depression medicine! LOL! Then she did her own research to find out she had mites / scabies on her. That is the USA for you.

Then I heard about a big scare on the news last year about hotels and bed bugs. I was like: finally! But that would scare American's never to go to hotels.

I am so aware now. I swear; going to the movies makes me think now! I was my body real good. They do not like chlorine.

2002, I went to Hawaii, laid out one day and had tons, and I mean tons of white bumps covering my face and forehead over night. I was freaking out! At the time I didn't have a clue. It took months for my face to clear up. I just thought they were pimples, but there were tons of them all over my face. It was very gross. It took me until 2004 when I started searching the internet to even begin to understand.

Proactive : is good, but not strong enough. Obagi is very good, but very expensive. That stuff really works; It's about $300-$400 per month for the 5 bottle of stuff you must use. TAZORAC® is used with it; $125 per tub! I used for one year; when I could afford in 2000 and 2003. It honesty worked. Who can afford that? Not me anymore. People said, "oh don't use that, you can't go in the sun" wear a hat! That's what I did and I use 30 sunscreen. My face was the most clear when I used Obagi. With blue peels one a month with it. I can't afford that anymore.

I honestly love these product: grateful for this website: And to the people who think it's a quick fix: No, not going to happen over nite. It's like diets: they don't work, because people give up. I have just learned to take care of myself; skin and eat much healthier. I haven't had a cold or flu since 2004. Even with my skin problems, and I follow the blood type diet. Drink tons of water!

Hope these post help to encourage others.
:~)
Live~Love~Laugh :lol:
changeswillcome

MITE DUSTING POWDER: An empty talc bottle that is partially filled with Sevin 10% dust and Hartz Flea & Tick Powder can be an effective miticide. Use 5 parts Sevin to 1 part Hartz, and make the container about half full. The dusting powder can be puffed onto the carpet, in the car, behind cabinets, in closets, etc. Avoid breathing the dust. A non-toxic mite dusting powder can be a 50/50 mixture of Boric Acid powder (used for cockroaches) and Diatomaceous Earth

http://www.birdmites.org/strategies.html

"read!"

they do live on humans: and cats and dogs will bring into the home. I know that I had them!

boric acid can be purchased for very cheap and mixed with baby powered and put in outlets and in the carpet and couches! I read that the mites favor women and children. Also, people with higher PH in their systems.

I know the products on here will help fight this if anyone has them on their face or body.
changeswillcome

quotes:

Will changing my diet, or taking supplements help with this?

A: The short answer is probably not. We do know that mite populations tend to be higher on mammals with a weakened immune system, so it can be helpful to maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle. But there are no reports of 'cures' just from taking garlic, or other herbs, etc. Although some have reported a decrease in symptoms with these and other sulfur products. Also, some have noted that parasites tend to thrive in a high carb/sugar environment, and cutting back on these processed foods may help some. The intestinal cleanses that claim to help, are meant for those with intestinal (GI) parasites. Bird and rodent mites do not strictly live in that environment and these cleanses would probably be of little benefit.

Will changing my diet, or taking supplements help with this?

A: The short answer is probably not. We do know that mite populations tend to be higher on mammals with a weakened immune system, so it can be helpful to maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle. But there are no reports of 'cures' just from taking garlic, or other herbs, etc. Although some have reported a decrease in symptoms with these and other sulfur products. Also, some have noted that parasites tend to thrive in a high carb/sugar environment, and cutting back on these processed foods may help some. The intestinal cleanses that claim to help, are meant for those with intestinal (GI) parasites. Bird and rodent mites do not strictly live in that environment and these cleanses would probably be of little benefit.
http://www.birdmites.org/resources/scabies.JPG
hopeful

Post by hopeful »

Sounds like you are tackling it from every way possible. And yes, you are right :roll: :roll: , steady use of the products is the best over time.

I really think if your bf does not respect what you are going through, you may have to take a break to get well. All your hard efforts and expense just gets erased if he just keeps giving it back to you.

Best wishes
:roll:
changeswillcome

hopeful wrote:Sounds like you are tackling it from every way possible. And yes, you are right :roll: :roll: , steady use of the products is the best over time.

I really think if your bf does not respect what you are going through, you may have to take a break to get well. All your hard efforts and expense just gets erased if he just keeps giving it back to you.

Best wishes
:roll:
Well every day my face looks different! The biting is still going on. I keep product on my face 24 hrs. daily & nightly cream. Shampoo seems to be working well; got one big sore bump first day after use.

in regards to bf: he has used the soap for one week; only the soap from here; he has soooooo many more bumps now. Rash of bumps on arms, waist, legs, stomach, back. He said it's mesiquito bits now! LOL :lol: but hey now he is using the soap! right :D

I gave him shampoo too. I put tea tree lotion all over his body today. left the bottle there. He still say 'heat bumps' (every where RIGHT!) I am not spending the night over there ANY MORE! after seven years of being together. Now, he is a perfect example of IT GETS WORSE before BETTER. Last week he didn't have the rashes on his arms. This weekend, he is 100% worse! I just hope he keeps up the soap and starts the shampoo. I am getting him vit C and B complex. He has gym membership, so i told him to go sit in suana and hot tub! He said No :shock: We'll C. How bad he wants 2 get better. I told him that his immune system is on over load! He thinks I am CRAZY :P

I planted the seed in his head.

I hope these posts helps others suffering!

DO NOT GIVE UP THE FIGHT AND BUY THESE PRODUCTS! :mrgreen:

~CHANGESWILLCOME~
hopeful

Post by hopeful »

Wow ... I wish you all the very best with the BF, because you are working really hard to get past this and if he doesn't stay with it, all your hard effort won't count.

It is sort of like trying to blow up a sleeping bag while you are sitting on it .............

GOOD LUCK!!
changeswillcome

hopeful wrote:Wow ... I wish you all the very best with the BF, because you are working really hard to get past this and if he doesn't stay with it, all your hard effort won't count.

It is sort of like trying to blow up a sleeping bag while you are sitting on it .............

GOOD LUCK!!
One month later:
He is using the soap! lol!
I left him some shampoo, too; ???

gross: he has had a 1/8 bump in the middle of his back since 2005, and I popped it way back then: puss for about 10 minutes. I didn't put anything on it. He wouldn't let me touch it until 2 weeks ago. I keep sending him this website via email! lol! It took me almost 30 minutes to pop this THING! puss after puss after puss and lots of blood. Well, after 7 days it got worse, and put the zz cream on it. It's gone 2 weeks later. He has tiny white bumps alllllll over his back and red bumps on his legs and arms. red bumps on his head. Face 100% clear looking. Crazy! He told me that he never had teenage acne or even pimples, but the rest of his body! LOL CRAZY~! He calls them HEAT BUMPS right! NO~ :evil:
But he has been coming around.
I only spent the night 2 times in June and I cleaned all the sheets and comforter, and pillows have covers and ours dogs who stay at his house. Their skin looks excellent. Still no flees. THey are on the best all natural food, never sick, very heath. They had terrible flees in 2004. Flee free since 2005. 100%.
Just an update.
I am going to try and not spend the night at all this month! Maybe I will be by myself at 41 years old for the rest of my life! lol! :oops:
+ I wear the zz cream when I go to sleep over his house, too. Real Attractive!!!!!! :shock:
Rich

Post by Rich »

They say that 97% of Senior Citizens have these demodex mites. You can buy an "enzymic mite cleanser", that may help.

These demodex cause staph infections. The cure for staph is vitamin c. Make sure you take 1000 mg / day. Staph apparently likes fish oil, so perhaps temporarily eliminate this supplement. Cranberry juice and orange juice may help.

One natural insectices you can take is niacin (NAD). Boric Acid kills mites as well. Tea Tree oil, too.
Apparently dogs create 4x the vitamin c that humans have, so they don't need vitamin c supplements.

These mites have been linked to a host of conditions like Rosacea, Excema, Psoriasis, etc...

Staph creates acetic acid. Good hygene won't kill this stuff (insecticides like tea tree oil, borax, etc will)... probably a vet is more knowledgeable than a doctor about treating demodectic mange, and eliminating these bugs.

Chronic Dandruff that never goes away is sometimes linked to these mites as well. There is a dog-dandruff shampoo with 1% vinegar and 1% borax. Perhaps worth researching.

Supposedly Boron is good for the bones... perhaps it just kills the bugs that live inside you.