Jumpin' parasites!

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Moominma

Jumpin' parasites!

Post by Moominma »

Hello! ::waves at almost empty forum:: :)

I've started on the zz cream and xfml two days ago...the ZZ cream makes your eyes water, doesn't it?! :shock: :!:

At the moment I'm looking really blotchy and lumpy and my face itches soooo bad! Anyway, I'll keep on with the treatment and see what happens.

The trouble is, I think my husband may have demodex too (he has a dry, slightly flaky face with red cheeks), but he won't believe he has a problem. He doesn't care, as he doesn't have any lumps, bumps, hives or p&p's. What are the chances of me treating my demodex successfully and not getting re-infected by my husband - assuming he has demodex too? :?:

Is there anything I can do, apart from keeping our towels separate and washing bed linen most days, to help the situation?

Thanks! :::waves:::
Walter

Re: Jumpin' parasites!

Post by Walter »

Hello

Yes, it can make your eyes water, that’s because of the mint in the ointment.
If you have demodex mites then the possibility your husband have them also is almost 100%
As long you are treating you will not be really re-infected, but once you stop, yes……………….
Maybe, later, when your husband sees that you become better he maybe will accept it
and will be willing to treat himself, if not for you, it will be in his own benefit,
he will get rid of his dry skin and red cheeks

Not much more you can do to avoid re-infection, it is your husband,
hard to take physical distance isn’t it?
then the cure would be worse than the result so please don’t become paranoia,
just do as always and first see what the treatment will bring for you.

Walter
Moominma

Re: Jumpin' parasites!

Post by Moominma »

Thank you Walter. It will be an uphill struggle to try and make my husband use the creams! I actually think I have no chance of that...maybe I'll have to get a divorce! :shock:

Anyway, I'll see how my treatment goes. I'm looking forward to not itching at least... :D x