HELP WALTER! PLease!

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

mysecretcurse

HELP WALTER! PLease!

Post by mysecretcurse »

I need answers immediately! I dont know what to do.
For the past few weeks of treatment, my skin has been very itchy.
Its been getting worse and worse, and last night, after I applied
my zz cream, my skin broke out in a horrible itchy (like violently itchy)
rash all over my neck and the sides of my face and my scalp, and somewhat
on my face too. This has never happened before. Ive washed off the
zz cream and the itching is still unbearable.

Am I developing an allergy or what? The itching from killing the mites
was never like this. Its like my skin is really dry and just horribly
itchy. There arent that many red bumps.

Please help. I dont know what to do or if i should continue treatment.
Paul H

Re: HELP WALTER! PLease!

Post by Paul H »

You should see a doctor. If you can't or don't want to, then buy some hydrocortisone cream (available in any drugstore) and put a SMALL amount of it in ONE SPOT on your face twice a day. If that spot gets better faster than the rest, then it's an allergy. If that spot gets worse in that spot or doesn't improve, stop using the hodrocort. and go to a dermatologist, pronto.
"Most of the great evil done in the world is done in the name of fighting evil."
mysecretcurse

Post by mysecretcurse »

Ill try the hydrocortisone..
but the thing is Ive been to derms for years. I spent thousands of dollars.
They were not even able to help me a little.
Thats what led me here.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

Just stop the treatment and see if it gets better, don’t use anything topical for now and let me know, how long are you treating now?
it can be you have a allergic reaction of course, one can be allergic for everything thinkable
but it can also be just because of dry skin, are you using on your neck to?
how much do you use?
how many times a day?

Walter
mysecretcurse

Post by mysecretcurse »

Not using on my neck. Thats the weird thing. BUt I used to have the same reaction when I used benzoyl peroxide acne treatments. After awhile, I started getting this horribly itchy (although this one is itchier) bright red rash all over my neck. Even though I was never applying the treatment there. I find this very strange..I dont really think Im allergic to both things. Im wondering if over time these products dry my skin and then cause some type of dermatitis from the skin being so dry, and then I have a reaction to that.

Im almost 3 months into the treatments. Up until now, I had no serious problems with dry skin or side effects from the zz cream besides the initial breakout of course. This came on out of nowhere. My entire face feels infected. But my neck and jawline itch violently. Its to the point of it almost being impossible not to scratch and when I do it itches so terribly I feel like Im going to tear holes in my skin.

Im so sad to have to stop. Its really upsetting to think I might lose 3 months worth of absolute hell. Ive suffered a lot trying to kill these mites, now all the sudden..its horrible.

Im only using the zz cream at night right before bed. A thin layer all over my face, sometimes a little thicker a layer where the breakouts are really bad or I feel mite activity. I never felt irritation from it before. It got the worst last night after I applied the zz. It felt like my skin was going to crack. Then a couple hours later I woke up and the violent itching had started.

Perhaps my skin has just been dried completely out. It feels like sandpaper. When I moisterize, its like the moisture doesnt even absorb in.
strider1

Post by strider1 »

just curious but what other methods/medications have u tried on ur acne.
mysecretcurse

Post by mysecretcurse »

All other over the counter, holistic, and prescription medications.
This stuff was my last hope.
Ive done every diet, everything internal that I know of as well.
Cleanses, vitamins, antibiotic courses, etc.

I visited the doctor and they said I had a staph infection in my acne. :(
Im now on antibiotics again. Im just upset because I dont want the mites
to return when I cant use the treatment.
bayarea

Post by bayarea »

I would say that first of all, if you feel that zz is making such a violent reaction lately after you put it at night, then you do need to stop. Even just for a few days to let the skin recover. I don't believe that stopping for a few days will ruin the whole treatment you did up to now, but it is possible that if you do not stop you may harm your skin. I think that Walter said something similar too.
If I were you, I would rest for a few days. Then after the skin seems a bit more "relaxed" I would start XFML instead of zz to see how my skin reacts to it, and if my skin doesn't "rebel" to XF put it for a while and later on maybe add zz once in a while. Test it.
Just a suggestion. You seem very much in pain, and I can't imagine you continuing like that for too long.
Also, is it possible that the antibiotics you're taking now is interacting badly with zz? Try to think if there's anything you added lately that could interact with zz and make you so sensitive to it now.
mysecretcurse

Post by mysecretcurse »

No, you see what happened was I went to the doc and got the antibiotics after this had gotten so severe. Since i have a staph infection, its probably why my skin is freaking out from the zz. It makes sense..having the die off breakouts for soooo long and then detoxing AND being sick on top of it, its just too much, my body cant handle the intense mite killing cream right now.

I would like to try the x cream, but I cant afford any at this time. :( Ill just have to try using ponds cold cream and letting my body calm down for a bit.