thought it was getting better *discouraged*

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

mysecretcurse

thought it was getting better *discouraged*

Post by mysecretcurse »

I thought it was getting better but now there are a whole mess of new breakouts, and they are different. Tiny, painful pimples all over my face, they are bright red, have a whitehead you cant pop (its hard) and they hurt really bad. Is this just more mites dying? This is happening after a period of my entire face looking better so I dont understand it. Its all over my eyebrows and my hairline, forehead and somewhat on my cheeks. Any suggestions Walter? These look different than what die off breakouts I had before...am I just reaching a new stage in the treatment?
Geneva

Re: thought it was getting better *discouraged*

Post by Geneva »

If I remember well, the mites tend to die off in "waves" (every 14 days or so I would get a bigger breakout during the first few months of using the treatment). Im my case, I had quite bad breakouts until the 5th month of treatment so I guess what you are experiencing in nothing really unusual (I actually posted quite a bit back then, must have been at the beginning of 2005, you can find my posts). Hang in there, it should get better pretty soon :D
mysecretcurse

Post by mysecretcurse »

Thanks! Actually, since posting this, I realized that these new breakouts could be a result of detox, Im on an iodine supplementation program and sometimes it makes toxins come out through the skin, I think thats actually what this is. My battle with the mites is still going well! Ill get the upper hand on them eventually. Im not even to 3 months yet so its good to know there is still time to get 100% better.
strider1

Post by strider1 »

what is detox? what is this iodine supplementation program exactly? can you give me more info about this stuff, is it helping?
mysecretcurse

Post by mysecretcurse »

Well Im not taking iodine because of my acne or anything.
I have a lot of hormonal issues, and other health problems. I drank flouridated water all growing up, and was heavily medicated as a teen, and all kinds of other stuff, that left a lot of bad toxins (flouride, bromide and other stuff) in my body. I want to get them out. Ive never felt normal. People have healed all kinds of things with iodine therapy. From breast cancer to depression to hormonal issues (women have even reversed early menopause) to all kinds of other issues. It may even help with skin in the long run, I imagine it would, its just that it causes detox and anyone who has gone through detox knows it usually causes pimples, even sometimes in those who dont get pimples normally.

Ive decided to take a break from iodine therapy to let my skin heal. When I go back to it, I will be very careful and monitor my dose closely, while watching for detox.

http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=815