can we use a moisturizer on top of the ZZ cream?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

strider1

can we use a moisturizer on top of the ZZ cream?

Post by strider1 »

or whats do you guys suggest i do? is it allowed? will it affect me?
mysecretcurse

Post by mysecretcurse »

Hey. WHat I do is most of the time I apply the cream to my face on its own. I feel this is the best way. BUt when my skin feels particularly dry, I sometimes wash my face, apply a layer of jojoba oil, let it soak in for a little while, then apply the zz cream on top. For me, the oil makes it a little harder to apply the zz cream but its a good moisterizer. Jojoba oil is excellent for the skin and doesnt clog pores. Ive heard of people doing the same thing with coconut oil as well {which is also supposed to be anti candida-interesting what its effect on mites could be. Maybe ill try this tonight).

Also, as part of my treatment I coat my face with ponds cold cream and let it soak in for a half hour or so every night. This is supposed to kill mites on the surface, and it really moisterizes as well. I do this any day I wear makeup, as the makeup makes me feel really dirty and I feel I need extra treatment.

How are you doing? Im in week 3 and honestly, Im looking terrible and having the horrific initial breakout still. My entire bottom half of my face is red and covered in pustules. I know Im supposed to take this as a good sign, but its hard because Im in pain.
strider1

Post by strider1 »

just started...prolly on my 2nd day and i look the same.

we are only supposed to apply a small amount right? Because I barley apply the stuff and it feels like it is enough because it seems like its pretty potent and doesnt need alot of it.

i've heard of jojoba oil and have used it. unfortunately, i broke out using it. I think it might be have been because of the particular moisturizer i was using in conjunction with it.

Also, when did you start getting breakouts because of the cream? how many days in?
Walter

Post by Walter »

I know Im supposed to take this as a good sign, but its hard because Im in pain.
I can imagine how you feel, I went through it myself, just try to keep in
mind that you know the reason why this happens, you will be happy later you did

Merry Christmas

Walter
mysecretcurse

thanks walter

Post by mysecretcurse »

Its hard. Im in over a month now, and just when I think its getting better, it gets worse again.

Im very upset about this, because over the christmas holiday I was out of town with family and did not have to wear makeup. I feel my skin was starting to heal. NOw back at work and 2 days in wearing makeup again, my skin is taking steps backwards. 4 new cysts developed today.

But I work with the public and its absolutely, positively UNACCEPTABLE at my job to come to work without makeup on, even for people with decent skin. Not that the makeup hides anything on me, trust me it doesnt, but if I were to go to work without it there would most likely be a problem for me.

I feel my skin is taking one step forward, one step back with makeup, and its upsetting beyond anything...

As for when I started breaking out, well I was already using ponds cold cream before starting zz, so I was having breakouts from that already. I would say it got about 40% worse as the zz cream seemed to begin killing the mites on a deeper level, so maybe breakouts from day one, BAD breakouts a week or two in. Still bad breakouts now. When will this end?