question about the dryness

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

cj

question about the dryness

Post by cj »

Hi - I've been using the zz every night for about three weeks now and occasionally the xfml in the morning (it tends to make my skin quite red, so I don't use it all the time).
In the last few days, my skin has become very tight and wrinkly (especially around the eyes and cheeks). It sort of looks (and feels) like I've left one of those transparent face masks on and it's starting to crease up, get tight and look like crepe (the material, not the misspelled swear word!).
I guess I just wanted to know if this is normal or if I'm having a particularly adverse reaction to the drying. It feels like all the moisture has been sucked out of my face and I've turned into a raisin.
I suffer from rosacea, not acne, so I'm aware that my skin is probably less able to cope with the zz. The skin is also peeling - which I know is normal, I was just wondering about the rest!

Any words of comfort would be gratefully received.

Thanks xx
baybeebubble

hey cj

Post by baybeebubble »

Hi CJ

That's exactly what happened to my skin. I could not cope with the z cream at all. I stopped using the z cream and after about a week my skin had healed. Once the flakiness had stopped I began using just the xfml cream morning and night. I waited a few days to see if my skin was compatible with it . Thankfully it was. It began to work straight away, clearing all the spots that had developed over the past few weeks. Shortly afterwards I began using Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% gel with the xfml cream morning and night (because me skin sometimes felt a little greasy when I was just using the xfml on it's own.)

I have been using BP AND XFML for about 6 days now and I have had even better results. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my situation continues to improve.

Why don't you try using BP instead of z cream along with the xfml?

If my skin does become clear after using BP and Xfml I will use the z cream once every 2-3 days or something to stop the mites coming back. That way I should be able to avoid the nasty breakouts and dryness the z cream causes. (If I kill the mites using the regime I'm using right now there should be no mites when I finally start using the z cream - the result should be no breakouts)

My plan is to use z cream as part of a maintanance program only. :)

Hope my plan works.

Everyone is different though. What might work for one person may not work for another. Plus you have rosacea and I have mild acne. Hold on in there I have a good feeling about these demodex products :wink:

BAYBEEBUBBLE X X
Brady Barrows

Z cream vs X cream

Post by Brady Barrows »

I tried using the X cream with metronidazole and it made my skin turn red immediately, by making some red areas brighten up. Walter recommened stop using it and just use the Z cream, which I did and it works fine for me. I wash with the Acarid soap for men and use the Z cream at night, watch my diet and my face is fine.

Others, like baby bubbles found that the Z cream dries their skin up and need the Xin Cream and swears by it. It only goes to show we are all different. You might want to try the Xin cream without the metronidazole too. It is a moisturizer and you may like it better than the Xin cream with the metronidazole.
Brady Barrows
cj

Post by cj »

Thanks.
PS glad you're posting again!