Help my skin is so dry!!!!!!! Need advice.

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

baybeebubble

Help my skin is so dry!!!!!!! Need advice.

Post by baybeebubble »

I've been on the z cream for 6 days now.

For the first two days I used it morning and evening (I am pretty sure now that I was using too much .)

On the third day my skin felt a little dry so I stopped using it in the day and just used it in the night. (Even though I have had this tight horrible feeling on my face my skin does look clearer)

I have been blending it in with water on my face for the past 2 nights but still my skin has been getting continually dry.

My skin felt so tight yesterday I was afraid to smile because I thought my face would crack!!

Last night I didn't use the z cream I smothered my face in Organic virgin coconut oil. I also put vaseline around my eyes cause the area there is really dry too. I have dry lines around my eyes that are making me look older than I am.

Anyway I washed my face this morning , waited a few minutes and guess what my skin is more dry( and flaky as well). :shock: I just put more vaseline on because my skin is so dry!!!!!!What shall I do???????
Anyone had this ????

How long did it take until the dryness went away?????? :cry:
Tioh

Post by Tioh »

baybeebubble,

YES! Dryness can be a real problem. I've been using the ZZ ointment since last September. I am constantly having to adjust how frequently I use it. The colder the weather, the less I use it, the warmer the weather, the more I use it. If I let my skin get overly dry, the dryness can increase my flushing.

At the moment, I am using the ZZ ointment 3 nights in a row, then taking a 1 night break. A month ago, I was using it every other night. In the winter I was using it even less. I just keep adjusting the frequency!

On the nights I don't use the ZZ ointment, I also use coconut oil all over my face, then a layer of moisturizer.

For me, I get incredible benefits from the ZZ ointment even though I don't use it every night.

Heather
Walter

Post by Walter »

Yes, like Tioh writes, listen to your skin and only use what you can handle, id necessary only use in the evening and if that is still to much, skip a night, also don't come to close to your eyes.
Your skin is not becoming older or damaged, it is just the dead upper layer which becomes so dry, normally, after some time using your skin should be less sensitive for it.

Walter
baybeebubble

dry skin has calmed down a bit

Post by baybeebubble »

I'm sure as time goes on i'll find an amount that's right for my skin. My skin is less dry now. I've had coconut oil and vaseline on my face all day and the flaking has almost gone.

Maybe I got a little enthusiastic with the cream in the beginning. As I said before I was puting it on night and day. How long do you think I should wait until I start using the z cream again?
shall I wait for my skin to return to normal first? I haven't used it for almost 2 days now because I 've been waiting for the dryness to subside
:roll:
Walter

Post by Walter »

Start again now but only in the evening for some day's, and use very, very little till you know
your skin can handle more, many do this mistake in the beginning, using to much.

Walter
baybeebubble

still dry

Post by baybeebubble »

Well I still haven't used the z cream since thurs morning because my skin is so dry. I'm too afraid to continue with treatment because if I do it's obviously going to make it more dry. I have been using coconut oil at night instead. (Apparently parasites and bugs hate this stuff)
I will start using the z cream again when the flakiness and dryness go.

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone knows how long my skin will be dry and flaky like this?
How long does it take for your skin to heal?

Because the vaseline wasn't helping much with the dryness I went out and purchased Eucerine night (FACE)cream with 5% urea.

I'm going to use this tonight on top of the coconut oil.

I'm surprised I haven't had any major breakouts after putting all these oils and creams on my face. I probably will soon especially because I haven't been using the z cream.

I really want to keep using it but there is not a snowballs chance in hell that my skin will be able to cope with it right now!
Marla

Oh, no.

Post by Marla »

When you put occlusive products onto your skin, it is like sealing the organisms inside. It's a layer of protection for them. Remove this barrier and the Demodex Solutions' treatments can reach the organisms.

The insoluble ingredients in the products you use (silicone, petroleum jelly, lanolin, coconut oil, and such) take a long time to go away.
baybeebubble

What do I do then?

Post by baybeebubble »

What do you suggest I do about the dryness then?
If I stop using the coconut oil and eucerine cream and just use the z cream then I'll look like a flaky lizard, my face will probably fall off. :?: :?: :?:
flower

Post by flower »

i found that the best way to deal with the flakiness was to
1) realize i was in for the long haul and that i was going to try my best to stick to the protocol, knowing that others had successfully come out the other side.
2) i backed way off on the zz cream, and kept it very diluted with water till it was invisible on my face.if an area was particularly angry or red i skipped it a bit for a day or so. but i continued to use the zz every nite.
3) i used scotch tape on my flaky areas in the mornings and it really worked on getting the worst of it off.
4) i was able to survive the daytime with xfml cream without the metro.

now i can say that my face is 100% clear after 6 and a half months.
my face really got clear at about my 2nd month but i do remember the battle with the flakes. i get them no more on the maintenance regimen of every other nite.
i hope you continue and try to keep the regimen simple.
flower
baybeebubble

Thanks 4 the advice

Post by baybeebubble »

Thanks for the advice flower.

The flakiness is getting better and the tightness has gone completely.

I'm going to continue to use the z cream but dilute it with water (at night) and apply a moisturiser on top until the dryness is completly gone.

Then when my skin becomes used to it hopefully i'll only have to use the moisturiser every other night.

I'm not going to give up! I'm only in my 2nd week and my skin looks better already (even though the dryness is extremely bothersome).

I'll let you know how i'm getting on in a few days.

The scotch tape sounds interesting I'll have to try it !!!!!! Where did you get that idea from???? :lol:
flower

Post by flower »

the scotch tape idea came from a friend of mine who used it for her retin -a induced dryness. it really works, but be gentle.
as far as putting a moisturizer on over the zz cream , i wouldn't advise it. because the zz cream may be affected adversely and it wont cut the dryness in the long run. the best thing to do is just use microscopic amounts of zz cream diluted with water, and be patient.
if you have already seen some results, then the prognosis is good!
hang in there.
flower
baybeebubble

Post by baybeebubble »

Thanks again for getting back to me Flower.

I'll use small amounts of z cream at night only

What about just using the moisturiser in the day? Can I do that?

x BAYBEEBUBBLE X
flower

Post by flower »

as far as a moisturizer in the day time i went thru a jar of xfml creme without the metro. each morning i would apply it. since i didnt need too too much, it took me a month to go thru the jar. after that i felt brave enough to order just the zz creme and use my regular moisturizer in the daytime. i was fortunate and was able to do that.
some people have not been able to, so soon after beginning, so i want you to know that each person is an individual case.
dont just go by me.
anyway, for now , stick to the xfml creme for your daytime moisture needs and see if that works.

keep us posted.
one day you will be giving advice to others!!!
flower
baybeebubble

skin a little worse than normal

Post by baybeebubble »

Well my dyness has finally gone . Completely! :D

I started with the z cream again 2 nights ago. I've been using very small amounts with water. My skin looks a bit worse today I was quite blotchy this morning and i've got these tiny little white heads appearing here and there. You can only notice them if you look real close. It's strange normally when I get spots they can sometimes become red or angry looking but these spots aren't like that at all. They are just tinylittle white heads. I'm hoping these are the demodex dying.

Prior to two days ago I was aso putting lot's of moisturiser and coconut oil on my skin to try and soothe the dryness and NOT putting any Z CREAM on. I think this may have been like feeding the demodex because they probably thrive on overly moisturised skin. With all these moisturising creams I was putting on I was expecting to break out - so these spots that I am getting are no suprise!!!!

So I'm going to refer to my day one of the treatment as two days ago because I messed up 2 weeks ago by putting too much z cream on that I'd dried out my skin so much - as a result I had to stop using the product.(z cream)

As time goes on i'll increase the amount of z cream that I use but VERY SLOWLY because I do not want that dryness thing happening again.

Did anyone else get small little white heads during the first few days of using the z cream???? :?:
flower

Post by flower »

yes, the whiteheads are tiny and not connected to a festering underground infection. if they are white, pop them and apply z creme to them.they should quickly disappear...but dont fool with them during the day!
flower