After first week of treatment - need advice (Walter, pls)

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Minuca

After first week of treatment - need advice (Walter, pls)

Post by Minuca »

Hi, Walter.

I got this demodex acnea about 6 months ago. I have acnea around my jaw line and a bit on my neck. I have started the ZZ and F treatment, it's a week now. My skin didn't breaked out, I had some new pimples (big ones and red), which got better sooner than they used to go, very dry skin but I kind of expected that. I had some white little things that got out trough my skin from under the lips area, I expect it might have been a nest or something.

Big problem: my neck got all red, I have used the cream on it and got really dry, I stoped the cream after reading that my neck doesn't really support the ZZ cream, now it's less dry/burned, but still RED and ITCHY. My neck got reed BEFORE using the cream, I thoguht it's the mites and that's why I have used it there. Please help and advice on what should I do.

Question : Can I see the mites without the microscope? I sometimes put my hand on my face, look at my fingers and see little black spots. Am I just imagining (Because I started to hunt the mites at night :)) or is it possible to actually see them?

Other facts: In very sensitive area of my face initially I got brown spots. now I see this is because my skin got drier there and the F cream kind of makes my skin look darker. This is my personal reaction, don't know if other people had browm markes on their face. I used some cream to moisturase the area and then the burned skin peeled off.

Overall impression: I can definetly see some improvements after one week of treatment. Even though my skin didn't broke out like I was expecting, I had only one week so far and maybe it will break out maybe not, because my acnea is not as big (years and years) like other people here.

That's about it so far. I will updated on how the treatment goes, reading how other people reacted over the treatment really helped me during this first week and motivated me to keep on with the treatment.

But please, PLEASE, advice regarding my red itchy neck!!!!! Can it be something else?

Thank you!!! :roll:
Minuca

Post by Minuca »

My 3rd week of treatment is coming to an end soon. My face looks so much worse, it's so dry and I still have loads of big new spots.. my neck first got really dry & red, and now if's FULL with acnea which I didn't had before... and the skin is pealling off.. and it hurts.. and I don't know what to do. I have the mites that dye in one months, I was expecting to have less problems after 3 weeks of treatment... Walter, please, what should I do regarding my neck? I"m still waiting for your replay..
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

The long mites, demodex folliculorum are indeed more easy to kill but
even with those, one month is not enough, at least 3 months………..
By killing them massively, like you do now, they die and decompose in
your skin, exposing their own bacteria into your skin which creates infections,
It takes a while before all mites are dead and all their debris are out of your skin.
Sometimes, depending how the person reacts on the dead mites, this can
give serious reactions like you now experience.
Stop for some day’s treating till your neck is back to normal, I mean, not red
anymore and itch gone, then start to using again but very slowly and not on your neck anymore,
only the face, use a bit and only in the evening, listen to your skin and when
you feel it is possible to use two times again then do.
No, you can not see the mites with the naked eye, a single one, isolated on a glass slide
Can be seen as a very little dust particle in the sun light but that’s it.
I never heard about skin becoming darker, on the contrary, for example,
most bit more colored people say their brown spots becoming lighter.
Probably it is just temporally and because of dry skin you get this impression.
The spots on your neck only proves you have indeed also mites there but don’t
use anyway on your neck anymore for the moment, even by only treating your face,
there will become enough ointment on your neck by means of your hands, pillow during the night etc.
to kill the mites slowly there.

Try to be patient, those outbreaks are a sign the treatment is working,
Use not to much………………………

Walter
Minuca

Post by Minuca »

Thank you, Walter.

I have stopped the creams on my neck and went to the doctor's to have something to ease the surface. I got some creams for my neck and it is better, I am constantly using the ZZ creams and also started to get some antibiotics because it helps with the neck where I can not use the creams. I am trying to help the creams as much as possible.

I have 3 weeks and a half of treatment completed, stoped to used the X cream my skin gets really red and dry and brown in sensible areas. Since I am using only the ZZ cream it is better - maybe I am alergic to something in the X cream.

When i have really flacky skin, I use a peal off mask - and I really think it is so much better than using tape or other things recommended on this web site.

Also, for the red vains that I got and for the persons that have this problem, I recomand to do a paralel treatment for them (there are some pills for blood circulation, vains and capilars) and this helps healing and prevents new ones.

My skin is getting better but I am doing my best to help the creams as possible:
- diet (no sweets and no milk etc)
- peal off masks every now and then
- antibiotics until most of the mites are gone (I have from my doctor a plan of twice a day for 10 days and once a day for 20 days)
- creams to ease up my neck
- blood circulation and vains treatment to PREVENT the little red vains on my nose, etc.

That's about it for now. Thank you, Walter for your replay.