Helicobactor pylori causes acne/rosacea

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Brady Barrows

Post by Brady Barrows »

flower wrote:if you guys would like to have and IN DEPTH discussion about diet please do so privately. the demodex solutions website, and dr zhong zhou himself have not added any dietary recommendations, or stipulations in their protocol. we may speculate on why some people have worse problems than others but the discussions thus far on raw, vs cooked, and placebo vs scientific are at the end of the day neither here nor there.
how bout it?
flower,

I am trying to understand you post. The subject in this forum index says,

Post subject: Helicobactor pylori causes acne/rosacea

Why would you post such a statement in this area of the forum? Are there some rules I am not familiar with? I asked Walter about posting a certain subject and he had no objection whatsoever. No one posted and I understand that no one wants to discuss it. But this particular subject is what is being discussed in this forum. I have an editorial on 'What Causes Rosacea?" at this url >

http://www.rosaceans.com/html/cause.html

The jury is still out on what causes rosacea. The demodex mite theory is just one theory. No one knows. It is possible that the H Pylori theory is just as valid as the demodex theory. I have personal ideas what is going on but can only discuss this in the context of a forum like this. What is the problem with such a discussion and why would you say such a dogmatic statement as this:

"if you guys would like to have and IN DEPTH discussion about diet please do so privately."

The whole point of this subject is that this is a discussion. If you don't like the subject, isn't the choice to ignore it and move on and let whoever wants to discuss this chat away? Why would you do this? What is your point? I don't get it.
Brady Barrows
JS

Post by JS »

There's nothing wrong with talking on this subject here, Flower doesn't have to pay attention to this thread if flower doesn't want to.

If flower would like to have this attitude, flower should do so privately and keep it to his/herself... :lol:
Lauren

digging deeper

Post by Lauren »

hi flower... i know. it's really frustrating when something is going on with your skin and you've got a million people giving you a million answers... i don't think any of the proposed answers were meant to offend. it seems more like everyone is intellectually curious, trying to dig deeper into what might be causing this obvious problem with the body, presenting itself on the largest organ... the skin. believe me, i have been frustrated in the past too. i have gotten a lot of wrong answers about all kinds of things having to do with my health, and have since been searching for my own answers (using doctors as assistants... for lab work and exams, but really listening to myself and what my body has been trying to tell me). after being told i had Reflux, i was given Zelnorm and told it was the "miracle cure" and so great etc. But when I read the box it said I could only take it for 2 weeks and then shouldn't take it again for a month. it was treating the symptoms but not getting to the root of the problem... this wasn't good enough for me, so i insisted on getting every blood test in the world... thyroid, diabetes, aids, etc. i tested negative all around... then FINALLY the doctor told me that there was this rare thing called H Pylori that sometimes causes Reflux but that I "wouldn't possibly have that unless i was in a third world country or something" ... so i told him that well, actually, i had spent 4 months in africa teaching ... so he tested me and sure enough... H Pylori was there! i went home and googled this, and found out that actually this isn't just restricted to third world countries, and it's the #1 cause of Reflux disease...

... now i KNOW... you're thinking... what does this have to do with my SKIN, my RASH... and i was a skeptic too... believe me... but actually it has EVERYTHING to do with your skin and your rashes! this has been clinically tested and proven. and same goes for diet... have you seen the movie "Monster" and noticed Charlize Theron's nasty skin? did you see the interview where she said that it wasn't makeup, but she just ate really poorly for a few months and that's what happened naturally to her face!! how gross is THAT? and normally her skin is flawless, like a porcelain doll. anyway, still skeptical, i sort of half-intentionally did a "test" of my own this past year. and i would notice a DIRECT correlation between what i ate and what would happen on my face in the next day or so... especially true for sugars and alcohol, but also cheese, nuts, bread, sodium, processed food of any kind, yogurt, milk, ice cream... really anything other than veggies and lean protein (in very, very small quantities). i did NOT want this to be true. i love sugar, like a glass of wine now and then, love cheese and bread, etc... so i protested and denied it to myself, acted like a big baby, and here i am now with crazy out of control rashes all over my face. the rash comes and goes, but i never noticed until now that it really does have to do with what i put into my body.

anyway, my rambling, long "point" is that the skin reflects what is going on INSIDE our bodies. the Demodex mites exist on 99% of people, but it's when the body gets WEAKENED (by food, H Pylori or some other ailment, stress, allergies, etc) that the bacteria caused by the mites is able to start hurting the skin. i really believe in DemodexSolutions products, because they control ONE piece of the puzzle... the overgrowth of mites and resulting bacterial infections (and skin damage/problems)... but i also really believe now that this overgrowth of mites is our body's way of screaming out for HELP... that something ELSE is wrong and should be fixed if possible (could be diet, could be stress, or could be something else like H Pylori in some cases). In my case, i think it's all of the above! Diet, stress, and H Pylori. Believe me, I'm not thrilled with this fact either.

But just think of the wording we use in the medical field... they call it "a medical practice" (because science is about trial and error, learning) and what are we? "a patient" (because we need to wait patiently for answers)... doctors aren't superhumans... they only have so much knowledge. i do support modern medicine and doctors, but i also support all of getting together on this forum to share information and find answers (another show to watch for example is "HOUSE" where the doctors explore the many, many causes of certain symptoms). you certainly don't have to do any of this or follow any of this advice if you don't want to... and of course it's your right to not visit this part of the forum if you're against it.

cheers : : lauren
Robbin Mann

House

Post by Robbin Mann »

Lauren

Don't u just love "House!" My hubby didn't want to watch it for the longest time, then finally I talked him into it. Now he's hooked! A great show to watch not only about how doctors diagnos unknown ailments, but to show that doctors are capable of being brilliant and horribly human.
Azfireangel
Lauren

House Rules

Post by Lauren »

Hi Robbin

I know! "House" is so great, and did you see it last night? I couldn't believe it, but the patient had parasites that were under her skin. I think it was different than mites, but it was interesting anyway. My hubby was resistant at first too, but now we watch it together!

So, I went to my doctor again because my stomach was killing me, seriously I was doubling over in pain, and then I almost passed out and started seeing spots and my arms and face were tingling and wouldn't stop. I really think this is all due to my H.Pylori, which I think is much worse than I thought and never went away after treating it last year...

So I called Gastro, and they agreed. And said a case of HP that bad could be very dangerous, and they scheduled my follow up "breath test" (to see if the HP is still there). Bad thing about that is I can't take Reflux-away or anything to help my tummy (Pepto, Milk of Mag) until AFTER the breath test, which isn't until the 21st.

Meanwhile, I had one doctor tell me I needed therapy when I told him about the mites, then anther one who told me he had heard they were related to H.Pylori and I should definitely get both treated. I chose to listen to him!

So I'm not treating HP just yet, and started using my DS products (XML and ZZ, soaps, shampoos) a few days ago. I definitely see improvement on parts of my face! But today I think I'm going through the part where it gets worse before it gets better. Especially around my eyes and nose. But I'm really hopeful that this too shall pass.

I'll keep you posted on the H.Pylori testing, but if you suspect you have it you may want to see a Gastro just to be sure to clear it up, then take Reflux-away as a preventative measure? I just worry about anyone who has HP, because of how it's affecting me at the moment! :?

Lauren
Robbin Mann

H. pylori

Post by Robbin Mann »

Lauren

Here's the thing....I chose not to have the breath test done because my body told me that I had it. I didn't have to have the doctor tell me. Even though many years ago I was diagnosed with Acid Reflux. Anyhow, the doctor would just feed me a bunch of crap and run me around in medicinal circles...why bother? Reflux-away should have no effect on your breath test, I wouldn't think. Did you call the 1-800 # I gave you and ask them? I think you should. Doctors, doctors, doctors...all I hear is blah, blah, blah. That's just me though, lol! I'm still clear and having no stomach upsets since taking it. Well, one way or another, good luck. Keep me posted.
Azfireangel
Lauren

reflux away

Post by Lauren »

Hey Robbin

OK I just called the 1-800# and the lady said to just wait until after the breath test. And I know you're right. I should totally just forget the breath test and start Reflux away! I totally know this is what's causing all my symptoms!

I guess I'll just take the stupid test, more as proof to those ridiculous doctors who like to run their mouths about nothing! SO annoyed with them too right now, but actually I did just talk to my hubby's wholistic dr yesterday and he was SO cool. I'm switching to him. He agrees that HP causes rashes, etc. too by the way! So you're definitely onto something! Thanks for the lead to this product. Sounds like it's just what I need!!