the mystery of demodex

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

norman jones

the mystery of demodex

Post by norman jones »

what causes demodex? getting it from someone else? once the demodex is eliminated with the creams will it come back in time again?
Walter

Post by Walter »

Children are already infected by there mothers/fathers/family members in there first day's, people give them to each other all the time by kissing, hugging etc. so the result is that almost everybody has some or sometimes many mites, if people get problems with them depends on many things which are not so well understood yet, for example, studies done in China reveals that almost 90% from the teenagers acne is because of this mites, 10% is pure bacterial and is not because of the mites, when children become in there teenager time there hormone balance becomes upset resulting the sebaceous glands making mote sebum, this is the perfect breeding environment for those mites and they start to multiply, resulting in infections and acne, when they become older there hormone balance becomes back to normal, glands producing less sebum, so less or almost no mites and acne gone again, some however don't stop to make to much sebum and /or the living environment stay's good for the mites so they stay with acne many times whole there life's, even resulting in more severe problems later like rosacea etc.
So many teenager are suffering from acne in for them very important social years of there lives without knowing there is a simple cure.
A demodex problem can become very suddenly in every age, can be triggered because of to much sun, to much cold, changes in immune system, thyroid gland, to much in front of computer screens are some examples but it is probable much more complicated then this and nobody knows exact why yet.
You can get back demodex mites from other people but not everybody is the same easy re-infected, if you are vulnerable, a maintenance treatment from one application every other 2 or 3 day's only in the evening is enough to keep them away.

Walter
norman jones

thanks

Post by norman jones »

thanks walter. do you have any idea why these mites are overlooked in western medicine and why there is so little knowledge on the subject? even dermotologists ignore the subject and prescribe instead useless ineffective creams to treat the symptoms and not the mite problem

if 90% of acnes are in some way complicated by demodex mites one would think more research would be in order.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Yes, is a difficult question to answer, don't forget multi nationals do everything to protect there market.
On the other hand, the professor told me that he also did not know that so many acne's/rosacea are because of the mites, only after years of people using it became more and more clear that indeed demodex mites are the biggest problem.
Doctors think they can eliminate demodex mites with pesticides but that is not true, with pesticides you can only kill the adult ones which are close to the surface of the skin, obviously, this doesn't give result so they just conclude demodex mites are not the reason.
Then you can find sometimes a lot of mites on a person with no symptoms, it is not because you have those mites you have problems with them, so this is an other reason they conclude it are not the mites but is wrong thinking of course.
I wrote an article from Doctor Nase where he writes that a person with rosacea can have many mites on the clear places and only a few on the sick skin place which is enough for him to conclude once again it can not be because of the mites,
wrong thinking again...................there are probable les mites on the sick places because the immune system attacks them more there or the living/breeding circumstances are less on those places.
You will find nowhere a good test done where they really tried to eliminate demodex mites for a longer time, and this is very important, longer time...............................
you can not do this anyway with pesticides, wonder how your skin would look after doing this.
So you see, many reasons...................this or only a few.

Walter
Marla

Crises no more.

Post by Marla »

I stepped on a kitchen rug at a previous home of mine. I looked down and a mass of brown ticks was rising from within the fibers.

The ticks fled in a northerly direction. This happened every day. They were coming inside from within the walls to the patio.

I had been battling the tick problem since I moved in. They were thoroughly embedded in outside cracks, crevices, and wood. Dog fur had been allowed to accumulate in the cracks. It was so tightly packed that the fur looked like felt fabric. I could pull it out in long strips.

I sprayed everything with Diazinon. The monthly bug spray contractor was doing no good. In fact, the company sprayed indiscriminately around my home. They sprayed the pet's water dishes, the dishes on the sink, and around bird cages and fish tanks.

Most of my animals died from cancerous growths or simply dropped dead.

I had to spray constantly and heavily as each new cycle of hatchlings appeared by the tens of thousands. I poisoned myself in the process. It is not a nice thing to have happen. I dropped many times myself but not dead -- although it felt like it.

I sat in a classroom and watched as a tick crawled up my sweater while I was taking a final exam. I was mad. Angry. Really angry that these things followed me wherever I went.

They are similar to demodex mites. They persist. They proliferate. They like fibers, and wait patiently for a warm body to signal that food is available so they can continue to procreate.

My rug was synthetic. My sweater was synthetic. Still, the ticks used it as a surrogate pelt in which to hide until a better host came along. That would be me, in this case. A step on my rug signaled to them that there was fresh meat nearby. They would prefer a nice fuzzy dog or cat, but my jeans or sweater would do as a launching pad to my skin.

Where we find fibers, we find arachnids. Piles of wood are good for scorpions and spiders. Built-up animal fur is good for ticks. Wool is a good place for Demodex sp. to wait for a victim.

And I was mad and angry when I found out for myself that Demodex was causing my acne. How simple it was to fix it with Demodex Solutions' products! And I waited how many years to find something that worked? Decades.

When nothing else works, people come here to try Demodex Solutions' products. I did. My acne is gone. My mites are gone. Sure, they come back, but I have ZZ or XFML or soaps to get rid of them before they become a problem.

Like ticks, we don't know they are there until they become a nuisance. By then it's a crisis.

Your skin does not have to be in crisis.
katwalker

Post by katwalker »

So... any theories why the same thing, the demodex mites, would cause at least two very different skin conditions. I mean, I've had both, and I can tell you rosacea, even with papules, is very different from acne vulgaris.
Marla

No allergy involved perhaps

Post by Marla »

Thoughts on why there is a difference between rosacea and acne in the presence of an overpopulation of Demodex sp. --

1) Rosacea: Congestion of circulatory system and lymphatic fluids with little or no involvement of the immunoglobins. (Traffic gridlock.)

2) Acne: Individual allergic response to proteins introduced or produced by the mites. (Hitch-hiking dander molecules, excreta, cellular membranes, and such.) Major breakdown of surrounding tissues provides the ideal environment for growth of microorganisms. (Traffic gridlock with chain collisions plus emergency vehicles and personnel attempting to remove the disabled factors. In other words, a big mess.)

I have yet to find explanations combining microbiology, immunology, and vascular events. So, I make up my own explanations until I find information to the contrary.

There must be someone out there in the applied sciences who has invented this wheel already. No?

* * * Post Script * * *
Hair. Presence or absence of hair? Is this a factor? Some people have many facial hairs; others have little or none.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Demodex problems can show in many forms, those mites bring bacteria inside your skin from the surface of your skin, which ones depends which ones you have living there, then they have there host specific bacteria in there guts which become exposed deep in your skin when they die and decompose, so creating infections all the time, they can even bring viruses inside of your skin, demodex brevis has two sharp needles damaging the sebaceous glands, how your skin reacts on all this depends from person to person, redness can occur because of an allergic reaction on the allergens from the mites, not all rosacea is because of the mites, sometimes it is completely because of them, sometimes they play a big part in it and even in this case you have great benefit eliminating them and a big improvement, sometimes they have nothing to do with it.
In case of acne, same story, they can be with hundreds in one pore, blocking the pores, enlarging them, infecting them, it is not because you make to much sebum you need to have infections, if the acne infections have nothing to do with the mites, then they can be cured easily with the existing treatments, but when you don't respond, which is most of the time, it is because of the mites, they are simply to deep to let topical treatments have any effect on them, it is impossible to keep your skin bacteria free all the time so whatever you use, they will always bring bacteria inside, not to speak about there own bacteria.
If you have an infection deep in your skin, your system tries to isolate it and you get a cyst, if it is more close to the surface you get an acne spot and, and, and, so many things they can be responsible for.
I had myself all my life acne, nothing helped till I used our products, I still make sebum enough for 10 people, but no acne anymore and my skin is easy to keep ok, I squeeze the sebum out on places when necessary once in a while but no infections and not oily skin anymore, also my pores are back to normal size, almost no blackheads anymore and if one appears it is easily to remove without infection, even I make so much sebum.
I think it is not so difficult to realize that a mite like this doesn't belong to our skin, it is a parasite but so widely spread that it looks it is normal but it is not, it is not most people have no problems with them they are a good thing,
that is the question people always ask, why have almost all people mites but no problems?
I don't know, nobody knows exactly but using this as a reason to say a skin problem can not be because of demodex mites is just reversing the question, why do some people getting cancer from smoking and others not?
if one would use the same thinking as they do with demodex mites then the conclusion would be that smoking doesn't cause cancer.
People always say there is no proof to find demodex mites can do this, let me reverse the question for once, where can you find a serious study which concludes that demodex mites are not the reason?
there are simply not good studies done, yes, some think they can do it with pesticides, use a couple of times pesticides and don't find mites anymore, what did they do?, they killed the adult ones which are not
to deep in the skin, simply you can not reach the most, to well hided, even for pesticides, the eggs and the nymphs you can not kill at all so what did they achieve?
nothing, you need to be clear of mites for a longer time, if they would use pesticides for a long time and continuous like you need to use our treatment it would also work, but rather you then me using this poison for a long time.
That is the only special thing on our treatment but it is the essential thing, a safe product which you can use for a long time and continuously, but strong enough to kill the mites.
The only good study done I am aware of is in the university in Kazakhstan, it is very difficult to read and understand but if you try well, you will see that there conclusion is that the most facial skin problems are because of the mites,
to be on the safe side I would not take it that far but the message is there, you can read it in the all about demodex section, Demodicosis and associattive diseases, you can also find the original Russian article there
which is probable more easy to read but I don't understand Russian.
People sometimes have a wrong idea about our treatment, people are used to take a pill for something and heal, take a cream and the problem vanishes, it is not so easy with demodex mites, they are very difficult to eliminate
and it can take time, you need to be patient, need to understand what you do, you don't use our treatment to heal but to eliminate the mites, once they are gone you will heal automatically, that is how it works.
Our products work also antibacterial so this is also a benefit but not the main action, killing mites is the main thing.
If you have problems in the beginning with for example dryness use less, if still to much even more less, listen to your skin what it can handle, experiment with both creams to find out the best way for you,
even if you use a tiny tiny tiny bit, it will do something, slowly you will be able to use more but more doesn't mean a lot, that is never necessary.
If you understand this then it is more easy to be patient, first eliminate them, then you will heal, some people have results from the first week but not the majority, especially with rosacea, the redness can not become less before the
mites are all gone and the immune system can stop to react on them, most of the time the spots are disappearing first, then later the redness, this can take even one year sometimes which doesn't mean you need to do
the complete treatment for one year, after 4 months going in maintenance treatment should be enough to keep them away and be give your body time to get used on a life without mites, stopping reacting on them.

Walter
Brady Barrows

Post by Brady Barrows »

Walter wrote:Children are already infected by there mothers/fathers/family members in there first day's, people give them to each other all the time by kissing, hugging etc. so the result is that almost everybody has some or sometimes many mites, if people get problems with them depends on many things which are not so well understood yet, for example, studies done in China reveals that almost 90% from the teenagers acne is because of this mites, 10% is pure bacterial and is not because of the mites, when children become in there teenager time there hormone balance becomes upset resulting the sebaceous glands making mote sebum, this is the perfect breeding environment for those mites and they start to multiply, resulting in infections and acne, when they become older there hormone balance becomes back to normal, glands producing less sebum, so less or almost no mites and acne gone again, some however don't stop to make to much sebum and /or the living environment stay's good for the mites so they stay with acne many times whole there life's, even resulting in more severe problems later like rosacea etc.
So many teenager are suffering from acne in for them very important social years of there lives without knowing there is a simple cure.
A demodex problem can become very suddenly in every age, can be triggered because of to much sun, to much cold, changes in immune system, thyroid gland, to much in front of computer screens are some examples but it is probable much more complicated then this and nobody knows exact why yet.
You can get back demodex mites from other people but not everybody is the same easy re-infected, if you are vulnerable, a maintenance treatment from one application every other 2 or 3 day's only in the evening is enough to keep them away.

Walter
Walter,
Are there any translated clinical research studies in China about the demodex mite theory available on the internet?

Also, I have heard there are 100 million Chinese with rosacea? Is that correct and what respected reference to this can be used to substantiate the number of Chinese with rosacea?

I would think that more Chinese use the Z cream than Americans who use Metrogel? Do you have any numbers about how many Chinese actually use the Z cream? Like how many jars of cream does the Zhongzhou factory put out in a year? That would give us some idea of how much the Chinese use the Z cream.
Brady Barrows