Helicobactor pylori causes acne/rosacea

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Robbin Mann

Helicobactor pylori causes acne/rosacea

Post by Robbin Mann »

Okay, I've been reading what people are saying on this forum about coconut oil. I know nothing about it myself, however, I do know something about the bacteria that causes acid reflux disease/ulcers/stomach upset. I have been informed by three very prominent doctors in my area that the bacteria Helicobactor Pylori has been found to be the cause of acid reflux. The majority of the population have this bacteria in their stomach, some don't. They do not now how we get infected or what the source is but almost all of the people infected with this bacterium have rosacea. They believe that it has something to do with a higher body temperature, which people who have this bacteria are infected with. Now, candida is a very serious bacteria that can wreak havoc on the bodies natural systems. I'm willing to bet that it is closely associated with the overabundance of they H. pylori bacteria. Which is probably why the coconut oil is effective. I know that some on this forum would disagree with me but I believe that everything in the body can be handled by our immune system IF it is functioning correctly. However, if it is off kilter then we start having autoimmune problems and the body either over reacts or under reacts to foreign bodies. When I started using the DS creams my face got worse than ever. This was explained to me previously as the dying of mites. At around this same time I found out about the H. pylori and started to take a product called Reflux-away. Almost immediately my face began to clear up. So much so that I am almost certain that there is a corrolation between the bacteria and the rosacea. It is only MY OWN THEORY but I believe that the H. pylori causes something to go wrong in the system, which in turn creates an environment for the mites to go crazy. I continue to use both the Reflux-away and the DS products and have had pheonominal results. Something else to take note of...I never had symptoms of acid reflux. The doctor told me that it didn't matter, that you could still have the little stomach bug without symptoms for many, many years. It is possible to check to see if you have it. The doctor can peform a test to see if you are infected with the bug. Western science uses high doses of antibiotics over long term periods of time to kill the bug, which to me is stupid. You are destroying good germs as well as bad ones. What a way to screw up a system! I went the natural route and can't begin to tell you guys just how amazing it has been!!! Our bodies are very complex units. We feed them crap and expect them to remain healthy. You wouldn't put crappy gas in a high performance car would you? Aside from completely revamping my diet, (no I didn't go vegan/raw/high protein) I just started eating healthier foods, exercising and seriously backing off sweets (I still enduldge occasionally)I take the reflux-away and use the DS products and my skin hasn't looked this good in over five years. I'm actually getting compliments on it. The funny thing is...it only took less than two weeks! Do what you will with this information. I'm not here to argue any points with anyone, all I can tell you is that it has worked a miracle in my life!
Azfireangel
Upfall

Post by Upfall »

Like I've said previously I eat about 75% raw, and even the other 25% is fairly healthy food. Most people don't understand how much impact food has on ones health. Natural, raw food is so curing and friendly to our bodies it has unbelieveable powers to fight us from bacteria and viruses, and in this case, no doubt our skin mites.

I used to think foods meant very little to health, as you see some people eat junk food all the time yet have perfect skin (although probably overweight). But only recently have I learnt some of the amazing properties raw foods have on our organs. Beets can help people for skin, liver and kidney problems. Apples can cleanse the intestines of toxins, improve hair and skin amongst many other things. Watermelons can help with bladder problems and skin disorders.

I really urge people to look at the link below and look at the amazing properties that each and every fruit and vegetable have:

http://juicingbook.com/fruits/
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

You assume that coconut oil is effective. That has yet to be shown. I say whatever improvement you're seeing is placebo. Show me one valid, properly controlled scientific study published in a peer reviewed scientific journal regarding this subject.

Same thing with regards to raw food diets.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
norman jones

Post by norman jones »

interesting robin.
did you do a test for the demodex mites? i am a firm believer in the body balance theory. i think the products here probably work. i have not tried them yet but a specific complimentary environment has to be created for the mites to exist and get out of control. there is something out of wack with the bodies immune system to let a mite that cohabits on the majority of people without effect because the immune system keeps them in check but suddenly wreaks havoc eith others.

your theory makes sense. someone mentioned pacebo effect? sorry. but a placebo effect is psychological and not physical so therefore robins observations are not a palcebo effect and have merit because physical changes have occurred.

the products offered here are excellent i am sure but the mites are a symptom of an immune system maladaptation and the real cure is finding out what that cause is.

robin , you may have discovered a piece of the puzzle.
norman jones

Post by norman jones »

interesting robin.
did you do a test for the demodex mites? i am a firm believer in the body balance theory. i think the products here probably work. i have not tried them yet but a specific complimentary environment has to be created for the mites to exist and get out of control. there is something out of wack with the bodies immune system to let a mite that cohabits on the majority of people without effect because the immune system keeps them in check but suddenly wreaks havoc eith others.

your theory makes sense. someone mentioned pacebo effect? sorry. but a placebo effect is psychological and not physical so therefore robins observations are not a palcebo effect and have merit because physical changes have occurred.

the products offered here are excellent i am sure but the mites are a symptom of an immune system maladaptation and the real cure is finding out what that cause is.

robin , you may have discovered a piece of the puzzle.
Upfall

Post by Upfall »

In SteveInAustin defence, I think he said its the placebo effect because Robbin was using both the DS proucts and coconut oil, so in the case it would of been hard to see what products were effective.

I'm not going to go into a huge debate with Raw / healthy food again but it tires me when people say things like wheres the scientific evidence to prove that raw food can be extremely effective in many diseases. I take it you don't have a religion or a point of view of life at all? You can't beleive in God as there is no scientific evidence suggesting his existence. Some people believe in heaven, reincarnation etc. but you must think once we're dead thats it as there is no evidenec suggesting otherwise. But there IS evidence, not scientific evidenece, but evidence from REAL PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND I, that have suffered but now have overcome there ilness by eating the right food. Go here, you will see a lot of examples:

http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=37&t=20801
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

norman jones wrote:someone mentioned pacebo effect? sorry. but a placebo effect is psychological and not physical so therefore robins observations are not a palcebo effect and have merit because physical changes have occurred.
You're mistaken. The placebo effect *is* physiological. That means that it can cause real physical changes in the body. The power of suggestion and the mind is powerful. If you tell someone that the pill you give them will cure them of their cancer, it wouldn't be surprising if their cancer did disappear, at least temporarily and possibly permanently. This is a real physical effect.

The problem with the placebo effect is that it doesn't help advance medical knowledge. In other words, the sugar pill you gave that person isn't really what cured their cancer. So we're not any closer to discovering the cure for cancer. It doesn't help anyone.

The other problem with the placebo effect is that we can't rely on it and it depends on the person. I can tell you that the sugar pill I'm giving you will cure your cancer, but it probably won't work on you. It might work on 1 out of 10 people. Worth a try. But if I had cancer, I'd want to take something that works better than placebo. That way I get the placebo effect plus the effectiveness of the drug itself instead of just the placebo effect. And it works even if I don't have the placebo effect.

So when you say that coconut oil solves whatever problems you have, are you sure it's the coconut oil and not just the placebo effect? How can you be certain without doing a properly controlled scientific experiment? You can't. At the very least you should be looking at everyone who tried it and either had a success or a failure. Don't just point to the successes. Look also at the failures. Then ask yourself if this failure rate is any better than the failure rate expected from taking a placebo.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Upfall wrote: I'm not going to go into a huge debate with Raw / healthy food again but it tires me when people say things like wheres the scientific evidence to prove that raw food can be extremely effective in many diseases. I take it you don't have a religion or a point of view of life at all? You can't beleive in God as there is no scientific evidence suggesting his existence. Some people believe in heaven, reincarnation etc. but you must think once we're dead thats it as there is no evidenec suggesting otherwise. But there IS evidence, not scientific evidenece, but evidence from REAL PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND I, that have suffered but now have overcome there ilness by eating the right food. Go here, you will see a lot of examples:

http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=37&t=20801
Actually, I'm an atheist. I don't believe in any gods. I don't believe in an after life. When you die, you're dead. There is no evidence to say otherwise. In light of that fact, there's no reason to believe otherwise. So I don't believe. I think the most rational time to believe anything is when there has been evidence shown for that thing. Most people don't think this way, but truth isn't a popularity contest. Truth comes from reason.

The evidence you're speaking about is called "anecdotal evidence". It's the lowest form of evidence, because it's not reliable and often biased. The scientific analysis of raw food vegan diets often fails to show the kinds of amazing results that anecdotal evidence shows. That's because Science tries to eliminate bias from the data.

I'll say that appropriately planned raw food (70/30) vegan and cooked food vegan diets are healthy and have health benefits over a meat-based diet. That's been proven to death. I can't say at this time that a raw food vegan diet is any better than a cooked food vegan diet. And if pressed based on the data that's available now, I'd have to say that a cooked vegan diet is slightly better than a raw vegan diet in terms of health, but that's usually because the raw vegans insist on not taking B12 supplements, misguidedly believing that their B12 is manufactured adequately in their own intestines. Nor can I say at this time that vegan diets are better compared to diets with a tiny amount of meat and/or dairy. There's just no evidence for that at this time. I can tell you with reasonable certainty that raw food vegan diets are not a cure all and won't prevent all forms of chronic degenerative disease. Nor are cooked vegan diets.

And I see no evidence that vegan diets help with acne either. One exception: If you're malnourished or not getting a particular vitamin, it's easier to get those nutrients on a vegan diet (raw or cooked) than a meat-based diet, with the exceptions of B12, D, iron, and zinc. So if your acne clears up on this form of diet, then it's probable your acne is caused by a nutritional deficiency with your previous diet. In that case, I assert that you'll be able to go back to your previous diet and just take a multivitamin to make up for your nutritional deficiency. At least in all likelihood a multivitamin would cure you in that case. In some cases, people can't absorb vitamins unless it's from food, so you may need to go with a vegan diet in that case. But that's going to be extremely rare.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
flower

Post by flower »

if you guys would like to have and IN DEPTH discussion about diet please do so privately. the demodex solutions website, and dr zhong zhou himself have not added any dietary recommendations, or stipulations in their protocol. we may speculate on why some people have worse problems than others but the discussions thus far on raw, vs cooked, and placebo vs scientific are at the end of the day neither here nor there.
how bout it?
flower
Robbin Mann

coconut oil??

Post by Robbin Mann »

Okay, Ive just read all the posts that have been written in response to mine and it took me a while to figure out what the heck happened>>>First of all, I never said that I had been taking coconut oil. I've never touched the stuff. I was only commenting on something that someone else had said about coconut oil. I then hypothesised concerning coconuts effect on candida and candidas possible relation to helicobactor pylori. As far as proof about diet, I believe that the Federal Government has provided plenty of proof regarding the relation to diet and health. Kind of a no brainer, really. As far as placebo goes, yes it can have a physiological effect on some, however the majority of these cases are unable to maintain the desired effect. It is only a matter of time that the subject determines the placebo effect has taken place. Lastly, this is a forum that allows us to speculate on the possibilities of cause and effect relationships of all kinds of internal and external stimuli. We are all here trying to make sense of an ailment that is unexplainable. As for myself, I have been acne/rosacea free for over two weeks now. I even got a sunburn (on accident) Saturday without anything happening. This is not an acceptable placebo effect for me. I have been reading extensively on the effects of the stomach/colon/large/small intestines on the body and have been facinated by the relevence that it has on the outcome of all of our bodies systems. I would suppose that what you eat would be a primary test subject regarding such. Whether one believes in God or what basis of faith one has, has no primary effect on whether one has rosacea/acne. I believe that it would be agreed upon that this disease has no preference for Christian, Budhist, Atheist, or otherwise. I am forced to wonder why Steve is so adamently opposed to people suggesting that being healthy is not a factor here. I've always lived by two mottos...The proof is in the pudding...and either Sh&* or get off the pot. They have both served me well. I dont' expect to be agreed with by all, but my gut tells me I'm really on to something here. It also tells me there is an all knowing and compassionate God that doesn't want me to continue suffering from this ailment. Afterall, it was through prayer that I came to the conclusions that I did and what led me to a clear and beautiful face once again.
Azfireangel
Robbin Mann

furthermore

Post by Robbin Mann »

Um...for those that are interested. I have been given the gift of the name of a man that can explain SCIENTIFICALLY the relevence of the stomach on the bodies functions. His name is Dr. Richard Schulze. You can find him on the web. I highly recommend reading his material. Or you can call 1-800-437-2362 for a free catalog of his story/theories/products.
Azfireangel
Lauren

I agree

Post by Lauren »

I agree about the H Pylori. That was a good call, Robbin. I tested positive for that last year, after suffering from major stomach problems for a long time. I was shocked to discover this was causing my tummy troubles!

And actually this is why I am so open to these mites causing my skin issues. If it can happen in my belly, why not on my face and head?

I also notice that what I eat/drink, stress, exercise (or lack of), all have a direct (almost immediate) effect on my rash around my nose! It's so gross. It's almost as if my body weakens and just opens the floodgates for these little guys to attack me. I really can feel them migrating/crawling!

I have promised myself to use these products every day and night and to eat right and exercise and try to remove stress where possible (not easy, I know, but I'm going to really try).

By the way, the doctor who found H Pylori also said my immune system was weak due to stress and bad eating. Really goes to show the importance of remaining in balance and taking care of ourselves! Lauren
Robbin Mann

H. Pylori

Post by Robbin Mann »

Hi Lauren

I'm glad that you agree! It is my own opinion that rosacea might not be a mite specific disease. I still believe that there are other things that might attribute to its eventual outcome. Rosacea is an autoimmune disease, therefore it is a by product of something that is out of whack in the body. However, the interesting part of this is that you are about the fourth person from this forum that has contacted me and told me that you have been diagnosed with H. Pylori or more commonly known as acid reflux disease. I was terribly upset when I first came to this site, as my face had gotten so bad that I didn't know what I would do. Not only was I severely depressed but I was seriously out of options. To put the cherry on the cake, I didn't know if I really believed anything that was being said on this site. Especially the parts about things getting worse before they got better and the possiblity of having to use the creams for several months. I thought, oh yea, sure, thats a sure fire way to make some money for at least a couple of months whilst the poor idiots are slathering on just another placebo cream. Well...if you have read any of my posts you will know that I was pleasantly surprised that the creams not only worked but they worked very quickly for me. Now believe me when I say I am not a lucky person. Things like this don't happen to me. I am usually the one that ends up on the short end of the stick. If its bad and can happen to me, it usually does. So for me to have cleared up that quickly is nothing short of a miracle. I have said it before and I will say it again, I believe that the H.pylori causes the imbalance that allows the mites to take over. Don't you find it interesting that you are the fourth person to contact me with h.pylori diagnosis? I am more convinced than ever that there is a corrolation between the two. I am almost sure that it was the combination of the Reflux-away (just bought my second bottle today) with the creams that cleared me up so quickly. Some people might start to think that I am marketing the stuff or something but I have nothing to do with it, except I know that it worked! I am still 100% clear of pimples/postules/papules. It is just over two months now. I haven't gone that long without a single breakout in over five years!! I am willing to bet that a lot more people on this site are suffering from h.pylori and have no idea that they have it. The doc told me that you can have it for 10 years before you are ever affected seriously enough by it for it to give you acid reflux/stomach upset symptoms. To be honest, this last month I have hardly used the creams. I am lucky if I put one of them on every other day or so. Still, I never miss a dose of the Reflux-away and I have yet to get a single pimple or mark on my face. I'm telling you, it's just uncanny!! I'd be willing to bet my career as a doctor (okay, so I'm not a doctor, Ha! Ha!) that this is the way to go. If I could give a free bottle of the stuff to everyone that has rosacea I would do it! Anyhow, we have to be true to our bodies. I am much more conscientious of what goes in my mouth than I have ever been before. My face looks great and I feel great and I've even lost six of the 30 pounds that I need to lose. :)
Azfireangel
Lauren

H. Pylori etc

Post by Lauren »

Hey Robbin

How cool is that? So, where do I get this Reflux-away stuff anyway? You have already convinced me enough to do a major "detox" (I just got the intenstinal cleanser... haha... sorry to overshare... at organichealthandbeauty.com) and would love to try the Reflux-away too.

Yeah, I definitely think carrying around extra weight, bad eating, lack of exercise contributes to the imbalance (like you said before, kind of a no-brainer, but still easier said than done).

And maybe I still have the H. Pylori thing going on. I never took the "breath test" that proves their gone, because they forgot to tell me that I couldn't take Bismoth (Pepto Bismol) for 3 weeks before taking the test, or I would get a false negative... so there I was literally in the chair taking the breath test and the lab guy is like "So have you taken any Pepto Bismol recently?" and I say "Sure. Last week." and he says "Oh, sorry. Gotta come back in a month. Bye." ... I was like, great. That was a year ago, because it's been to hard for me to get back there since!

But now with this rash, fatigue, etc. I'm desperate and ready to get back to good health and balance! I'm eating really well again (fresh fruits and veggies without any sauce or salt or anything.. egg whites with a touch of olive oil mixed in when scrambled... sometimes fish but not too much due to this whole Mercury scare... and nothing else! I can't even eat those low-carb breads because I instantly gain weight even eating small portions).

Last year I took off 30 pounds and my rash still came and went, I was also doing cardio 60 min a day and seriously looked like Skeletor! Yet still had tummy troubles and facial rashes. Now I've gained back 15 lbs that I need to shed again, but I wonder if all this chaos in my body (weight loss and gain, going from mega exercise to NONE all winter) is just causing total turmoil and THEN the mites go wild on me.

I tend to agree with you that perhaps the mites only get the "upper hand" when their host (our bodies) is weakened. This is SUCH a good reason to put down the bad foods and start exercising again, drinking water, eating right! I used to think it was just about weight loss, but to know that this can lead to bad skin, fatigue, even eventually cancer and other things... wow...

But I feel SO encouraged by your story about the Reflux-away AND the ZZ and XFM creams and soaps and stuff. I really believe that it's the big picture, and all of these things can help make us better. I feel totally inspired now, and really will use these creams as needed and simultaneously tackle whatever is going on in my belly!

I got totally freaked out and thought that I'd be "eaten alive by bugs" the other day (between the H. Pylori and mites), but my Biologist friend put my mind at ease when she explained that these parasites don't want to kill their host, because then they will die too! So really it's more about fixing the imbalance. Good to know.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rambling (just a bit freaked out over here... lol) please let me know where you got the Reflux-away, and don't worry. I don't think you're sponsoring anything but good health! :D

Cheers : : Lauren
Robbin Mann

Reflux-away

Post by Robbin Mann »

Hey Lauren!
Okay, you should be able to go to your local health food store and find the reflux-away. I just bought a bottle at Hi-Health for $14.99. Now the bottle doesn't say anything about the h.pylori bacteria, just the acid reflux. It says to take two caps either before, during or after a meal to help with stomach upset. Now, remember I haven't had upset stomach all that much so I wasn't quite sure what to do. So for the first week I did what the bottle said and I took two at every meal. It didn't matter if I took them before or after just as long as I remembered not to skip a dose. Then after a week (at this time I was also using the creams and getting all kinds of white heads, something that never happened before, so the notion of getting worse was right on. I was excited though because at least I was able to pop them! EW!) I called the customer service number and they told me for permanent usage to just take one per meal. I'm pretty good about it, but not always perfect. Reflux-away is made by NaturalCare Products, Inc. http://www.enaturalcare.com. Dr. Bob Martin is the one that I talked to about the corrolation between the stomach and rosacea. He is the one that helped to formulate reflux-away. In case you can't find it at your local health food store, the customer service # is 1-800-475-9811 Good luck and let me know what happens!
Azfireangel