UPDATE ON MY FACE !! ANY SUGGESTIONS ?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Tiffany

UPDATE ON MY FACE !! ANY SUGGESTIONS ?

Post by Tiffany »

Hi everyone,
Hope everyone is doing great. I been using the demodex solution since October 2006,, It's been seven months. My facial skin didn't look to bad but, boy Oh boyI knew better,. I felt the mites crawling on my skin and scalp especially at night and that was the worse feeling in the world. I would slap my face every time the mites would move and I was getting depress because of it. It is a weard feeling. I just wanted to be normal. I would feel sting feeling on my face like a mosquito bite. I would see welts on my face and boy I was self conscious I practically took benadryl everyday because for some reason the welts disapear. I miss so many days of work and I practically walk into my derm office and let me tell you I was a nuisance. They allways gave medicine that I would spend money on and couldn't use because my face would sting like heck. Actually I think or should I say I had a infestation of those disgusting creatures and it didn't help that I was on immnuno supress med which made them multiply by the day.

My 25 year old daughter search the net and said to me Mom you have demodex mites funny because I am the nurse. but, she was determine to help me and I am glad she did. I did some more searching and found this site and order the products. At first I bought the x cream and use it once, my face began to sting and was extremely red so I put the cream
away.

Two months past and my face was getting worse that was when my 12 year old said mom try the cream again and thanks to her I did and I started to feel and see some minor improvement. My face looked better but now I felt the mites as I never felt before. I ordered the rest of the products and started using the z cream. I also purchase the scalp lotion, hair shampoo, acarid soap and the eye cream. I was determine to free myself from these horrible creatues.Seven months later I can say my face looks great. In fact I do not wear any make up in fact I do not need to.

I started using the ponds cream during the day and that was great because before I was ony able to use vaseline everything else was a problem.

My problem today is that I am feeling like a reaction feeing on my face. not sure if it is from the ponds or what but I stop using the ponds cream so I will go back to the vaseline. I been having this sensation for about 6 weeks and I am wondering if it is from the ponds or for using the z cream or the x cream for so long. I use the z cream once or twice a week and the x cream I do not use at all for about 3 months or so. wondering if any of you old timers had this feeling. I am thinking is because of the gel I use on my hairline sometimes in the morning since I am allways trying to look cute. I do not wear make up for the last 3 years. I do like eyeliner pencil and lipstick so I purchase mineral eyeliner and lipstick I payed a fortune and when I wear the eyeliner I allways rub it off because it bothers me as if I was allergic to it. My daughter says it probably has mites in it. I did not start using the the eyeliner and lipstick until I was 4 months in the demodex treatment. Oh and I stop using the immuno med about 4 months ago. My face looks great but, that sensation as if it was a reaction of some sort is still there.

Walter, Marla and everyone any suggestions,, hope someone respond soon. thanks.
Rep123

Post by Rep123 »

Can you please describe this reaction you are having, in more detail? It is hard to say what it is from what I have read, maybe someone else can.
marco

Post by marco »

I had a serious itching problem on my face and after doing some research found that Rosemary tea is fantastic...sounds weird but it really works...put acouple of loaded teaspoons of dried rosemary in a small pot of boiling hot water...let it cool, then get a sponge and put it on the skin..(you can apply it a few times a day to the face to get the best result) best done after a shower and while your still physically in the shower(especially if you want to apply it to other parts of the body, you can use it all over)...its also extreemly soothing for the scalp..and it kills mites too, just make sure you do it daily for some days and give the itching about a week or so to subside, although you will notice a good difference immediatly! ...it worked for me, I'm not experiencing any itching anymore..the itching was driving me crazy before, especially on the face!
If your've got sensitive skin its best to keep away from cosmetic creams since they always seem to contain some kind of irritant, I use Jojoba oil, cold pressed and its so mild you can even put it around the skin of your eyes.
Best wishes!

Marco
Tiffany

itchy aroundmy face

Post by Tiffany »

thanks marco.. i will try the dry rosemary tea like you said. but where do i buy it,, thanks again
marco

Post by marco »

Its just regular dried rosemary herb from the supermarket, (the same kind you use in cooking), easy to find...
I did it every day on my face several times a day for about a week, then the itching crawling sensation lasted for maybe 2 weeks roughly and then completely dissappeared, keep in mind that if you kill the mites their 'corpses' will remain on your skin for a short while and this is why your skin is still itchy.
All the best!
Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

okay,, i will try.. thanks marco..
Tiffany

major improvement

Post by Tiffany »

hello marco,,
i have great news. the itch is under control.. not sure though, once i stop using the pond i felt a great improvement and the itch was there but not as bad. . i been using the rosemary herb since monday evening for 3 days now,, i use it in the morning and in the evening and i have to say the itch is barely their. hope i do not jinx myself. i plan to use it on my scalp but i have to much hair so, i plan to try in the weekend after i shampoo.

just a question for you. i been surfing the net looking for info about the rosemary herb and how it helps with the facial itch.where can i look to get information on this topic.

I have to say that the z cream has definetely work for me but i am not totally out of the wood works. Actually I thank god that i finally have my face back..
I still change my pillow cases but not as often. and i do not use a new towel everyday. maybe every other day. and no i do not touch dogs or any animals,, i am paranoid. I been through through the mill with my face REALLY..

MARCO are you using the demodex products and how are you doing with your face?
marco

Post by marco »

Im very happy to hear your good reaction to the rosemary tea!, I was sure you would find it helpful. I found it quite by accident on the internet recommended as a natural cure for body skin mites, and facial mites... I think this was thie site; http://www.anniesremedy.com but Im honestly not sure as I did alot of surfing the net that day and found it on several sites.
I tried it and felt so much better, the itching decreased instantly, but I had to persist for acouple of weeks to really get totally rid of the itch. I found keeping some tea in a open bowl with a sponge beside it and sponging my face (and eyelashes, eyebrows, inside ears) whenever I remembered throughout the day when I was home was good...the more the better, then after a while the itch gradually disapeared, which was a huge releif!...you might find that periodically you have to re-do the treatment since you can easily be reinfected just by kissing someone on the cheek, since the mites seem to be able to 'jump camp' within a split second...and if you are generally suseptable its likely you will be reinfected, but at least this is a very cheap and painless way of dealing with the little pests.
Just one thing that I should've mentioned before, when you use the tea in the shower try to leave it on the body and let it absorb as much as possible into the skin without using a towl to dry yourself, also sponge the tea onto your hair and wrap your hair in an old towl (I say old because the tea might stain the towl).
Iv actually never tried the products of demodex solutions as when I was going to order for the first time I have seen some people having some problems with the company and that put me off, anyway I feel the rosemary is very effective and Id rather stick to that anyway myself.
Please keep us updated!
Marco