Cause of Demodex

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Robbin Mann

Cause of Demodex

Post by Robbin Mann »

What I want to know is why all of a sudden in the last century are we having all these problems? Is it our diet? Is it something in the environment? What is causing the mite to overinfest some people and not bother others? I understand that the immune system might play a role but what kind of an immune breakdown be happening in 14 million people a year? Apparently these mites have been around since the beginning of time. Why now? What's happening? How do we prevent the problem from perpetuating itself? There has to be an explanation! I remember that people in the old days used lime soap, I wonder if since we've stopped using it that we've acquired this problem. People of old had a lot more knowledge than modern science gives them credit for... it's great that we might have a way to deal with them with the zz cream, but what really causes this? How do we get to the root of the problem? Sorry, just sharing my thoughts.
Azfireangel
Upfall

Post by Upfall »

As well as using the zz im on a raw diet. The mites (or whatever disease or illness one has) is caused by the body not functioning 100% properly as it should. If you search people who have been on raw foods on google there have been miracle stories who people who have been told they've had so called "incurable" diseases by doctors they have actually cured there disease because raw food has the ability to detoxify the body and repair it. So in this mite case, once the body has repaired itself of whatever was wrong, it will be able to deal with the mites.

Like I said I'm using the zz as well. Using the zz will obviosuly get rid of the mites and is probably the quicker option, but if you want a natural approch, go with RAW.

I would really encourage everyone here to use the zz AND eat 75/25 raw food, but thats just my opinion.
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Robbin, you're assuming that only recently in man's history have we started having lots of acne. That assumption is incorrect. Acne has been well documented throughout the past 2 millenium. It's just that we didn't have photographs until the late 1800's. Before then, portraits of people were painted, and the artist had no intention of adding in zits.

Apparently people were as spotty or even moreso in the past.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Oh, and raw food vegan diets don't cause pimples to disappear. Not typically anyway. They're as spotty as the general population. What's more, raw food vegans tend to do slightly worse compared to cooked food vegans in terms of chronic degenerative diseases. It's not a cure for cancer, either. Or any other disease. It doesn't "detoxify". I don't buy raw food propaganda. Don't believe everything you see on the web. Sure, there's a lot of anecdotal evidence saying raw food veganism is the cure-all for everything, but those statements aren't backed up by scientific evidence, and they're often countered by it.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
Upfall

Post by Upfall »

Yes, a raw diet can REDUCE spots and even reverse rosacea. Go onto the raw message board on cur zone or something and read how everyone on there feels better genreally about themselves and how any ilnesses are fading.

People with skin problems have been very inspired by http://www.thegardendiet.com/bharti , which tells the funk food and antibotics and drugs made her face bad, but going raw compeletely reversed with situation and she now loooks the best shes ever been.

I'm not claiming the raw food can sure cancer, but you can't tell me that there aren't any recognised "cancer fighting" foods because there are, and I beleive eating these foods will dramitcally decrease your chances of getting cancer.

Like some other people here I personally don't like Western medicine anymore. I have very little repect for doctors to. You go in there for a minute or two, tell them whats wrong with yourself and then they give u antibiotics or some other medicine that has other side effects which will make you worse (if not mmediately u will see it in the long term). The eastern way is more natural and heals the body naturally.

I'm not at all playing down the ZZ or the other products here as I'm using the ZZ at the moment. I just think a little more raw food combined with the ZZ would help.
Robbin Mann

My take on it all.

Post by Robbin Mann »

Okay, just for what it's worth...I believe that the body has the ability to cure anything that it is faced with. Including cancer. Man was not designed to eat processed food, breathe industrial wastes and sit on his arse. Man was designed to eat from what nature provided, fresh and clean. He was designed to work the land and use his body to build and flourish. There is plenty of "documented proof" of people drastically modifying their eating habits and recovering. The ancient Indians have been practicing healing medicine for centuries.

My mother in law was diagnosed with cancer about 10 years ago. She had a grapefruit sized tumor in her stomach. She was given 6 months to live. After exhausting all that Western medicine had to offer she searched for other alternatives in Mexico. There she was treated by a natural healer that took her off all foods that contained any sugars, pesticides, preservatives and gave her daily colon flushes, amongst other things. Withing 3 months the tumor had shrunk to nonexistence. She is alive and healthy today. Eating a very much different diet than she ate before the cure. Anyone who believes that there isn't something legitimate about eating right and taking care of ones body, that eating crap and filling yourself full of junk, is just not being open minded enough to the REAL facts. I would challenge anyone to take any thing that is in their home, say a bag of cheetos or even a bottle of bbq sauce. Look on it and tell me what the preservatives are. Then go online and look up every one of those presevatives. I am willing to bet that you will find a great deal of controversy regarding each one of them.

On the other hand, those that are strictly on a raw food diet need to consider that the fruits and vegetables that they are eating have very little real nutritional value to them as the ground has been tilled so much that without adding nutrition to it, it no longer yeilds the vitamins and minerals that it might have 100 years ago. Another thing to be considered is the extreme amount of toxic pesticides added to them on a regular basis. The fact that they are not allwed to ripen to their full potential, which is when vitamins are at their peak. Just because it says "organic" really means nothing. The United States' regulatory statutes regarding labeling of fruits and vegetables is so lax that almost anyone can label their produce as organic. Just something to think about.
Azfireangel
Marla

Why Now? Drip Dry.

Post by Marla »

1. Many of us no longer routinely send linens and clothing to the cleaners;
2. We rarely iron clothing;
3. We lower our drying and wash water temperatures to save energy;
4. Central heating and air conditioning reduces the frequency of airing out the house and exchanging the air daily, and who among us knows what a carpet beater looks like, much less uses one?;
5. Recreation has moved indoors, eliminating much of the UV exposure we and our clothing would otherwise get if we still had neighborhood picnics and such;
6. Our proximity to each other and our pets is closer as the population density increases;
7. Hand washing lost its importance with the development of antibiotics; (see #9)
8. Wireless telephones put bugs in our ears now that we readily share this personal item;
9. There is no such thing as a Personal Computer -- PC stands for Public Computer. (and the peripherals, such as mice and keyboards) as those of us who have them find out when people come into our homes and ask "Can I use the computer?" (see #7)

And so forth.
Upfall

Post by Upfall »

Robbin I agree with almost everything you said. I'm not compeletely raw at the moment because I think it would be stupid of me to convert so quickly (my body would probably would need time to adjust). But at the moment i'm 75/25 raw and hope to go to 100% soon. But I think the more raw you are the more benefits you will see and the quicker you will see them.
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

I don't have time to debate the many problems with Raw Foods diet claims. I'll just leave it at this: Just about every claim I've heard from these people has turned out to be either completely false or exaggerated. Apply some critical thought to whatever you hear. No, it doesn't "detoxify". No, it doesn't cure cancer. No, it doesn't cure AIDS. No, it doesn't boost the immune system. No, the enzymes in uncooked food don't help your digestion or provide you with any useful enzymes. No, it doesn't cause you to lose weight. No, it isn't necessarily superior to cooked food. No, it won't make you free of body odor. No, it won't make your feces smell good. No, it won't prevent aging. No, it isn't possible to get enough vitamin B12 without supplementation. No, wheatgrass juice has not been shown to improve health at all. No, blue-green algae is not a "super food". Etc. Etc.

I used to buy into those claims, too. Then I got educated and asked for proof. Their claims didn't make it through critical analysis. I look back at myself and want to just smack my old self for believing this stuff.

I will say this about the diet. It's not necessarily bad for you. I think if you're doing a ratio of 75% to 25% raw to cooked food, that's not bad. Even 100% may not be necessarily bad for you, but I have seen some evidence showing that certain nutrients are made more assimible by cooking it, and it could help to get some cooked foods in your diet. I do strongly caution against thinking you don't need to supplement. You do need B12 supplements. I'd also add Vitamin D2 if you're not getting more than 20 minutes of direct sunlight a day. Probably want to get Zinc and Iron as well, just to be cautious. Also, I'd caution against thinking that weight loss represents "detoxification". Weight loss is caused by one and only one reason: you're not eating enough. People that start a raw foods diet often report feeling fatigued and losing weight, and they're told by the Raw Foods followers that it's okay because the body is just detoxifying. No, it's not detoxifying. Eat more and you'll feel better. Problem solved. But try to tell the Raw Foods believers this, and they'll take offense that you've questioned their beliefs about detoxification. Following their religion can actually wind you up in the hospital.

Anyway, enough of my party pooping. Hehehe.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
SteveInAustin

Re: My take on it all.

Post by SteveInAustin »

Robbin Mann wrote:Okay, just for what it's worth...I believe that the body has the ability to cure anything that it is faced with. Including cancer. ... There is plenty of "documented proof" of people drastically modifying their eating habits and recovering.
Unfortunately the ones that try alternative medicine to cure cancer and FAIL are not around to let the world know they've failed. Only the ones that made it will go on to tell the world their tales. But guess what. Not everyone dies from cancer. People get better all by themselves. You'll find the survival rate of stage 4 cancer is in the single digit percentiles. It's small, but it's not zero. Given that, the people who did alternative therapies and who survived long enough to write about it could be just in the survivor group. Consider also it could be the placebo effect which saved them, not necessarily the alternative therapy.

So how do we test an alternative therapy to see if it is the therapy, the placebo effect, or simply chance? Well, you need to conduct a clinical trial. Until then, you don't know what happened.

Robbin Mann wrote: My mother in law was diagnosed with cancer about 10 years ago. She had a grapefruit sized tumor in her stomach. She was given 6 months to live. After exhausting all that Western medicine had to offer she searched for other alternatives in Mexico. There she was treated by a natural healer that took her off all foods that contained any sugars, pesticides, preservatives and gave her daily colon flushes, amongst other things. Withing 3 months the tumor had shrunk to nonexistence. She is alive and healthy today.
So she underwent a good deal of Western orthodoxed medical therapy, but for some reason you want to ignore that and instead jump to the conclusion that it was the alternative therapy which did the trick? Even if her reduction in tumor size coincided with the onset of alternative therapies, it isn't proof that it was the alternative therapy which did it.

You're speaking of course of the Max Gerson clinic? Yeah, the reason why that program is banned in the U.S. is because it can't show any proof of its claims, and in fact much of its claims have been proven false.

My mom also has cancer. Stage 4. I also went through the alternative therapies research at that time. I found that no alternative therapy could tell me when I asked them point blank how many people they've treated in the past and how many of those survived. You'd think that would be an easy answer to provide. I mean, how else would they know that their stuff worked? I mean, if I invent a cure for something, you better believe that I'm going to closely monitor who comes in, who lives, and who dies. But funny thing is that these alternative meds people don't have that information. Hmmm. Wonder why. The answer is this: they don't know how many people live or die, because they haven't done that analysis. So I ask you, how can we tell if their stuff is going to work? We can't. That's a big problem. Why? Because if we're trying to make a life or death decision, we need to know that little tidbit of information. Otherwise we can't make intelligent choices about our therapy, can we?

Anyway, my mom was healed using orthodox medicine. I gave up on alternative medicines, because there isn't a shred of evidence showing them to work. The most I'll commit myself to saying is that eating more fruits and veggies and getting more exercise would help recovery, but the extreme raw foods diets and alternative therapies won't do any better. She's in complete remission after having a grapefruit sized lung cancer, a tennis ball sized brain tumor, and at least one other small brain tumor. She responded well to chemotherapy and radiation. Had she been convinced to do alternative therapies, I think it's likely she'd be dead now. And not just that, she would've died a very painful death. It's now almost 3 years since her diagnosis. Statistically, she should've been dead after 2-9 months. Some people just do better than others.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
Robbin Mann

alternative therapies

Post by Robbin Mann »

Fruits, vegetables, nut and grains and meat in moderation. That is my belief. Do I eat that way? Not really, I eat more like meat, grains, fruits and vegetables...sigh. I'm working on the above.

I try and think about it this way. As a species we are able to survive in almost any climate. Since the beginning of our existence we have been hunter, gatherers. I don't think that our ancestors sat in a cave and soaked their food, waiting for them to sprout. So I don't subscribe totally to the raw food theory. I have read raw food books and have made my own decision concerning this way of eating. I believe that fruits and veggies have live enzymes that can help the body in the regeneration process. It makes complete sense to me. However, I don't think that any one thing in excess is good for us, that includes, alcohol, prescription drugs, food, sex, sunshine. Most anything in overabundance is in general not so good for us. I think that the Asian cultures have it right. They eat lots of fruits and veggies, grains and meat in small amounts. Even the U.S. Govt.'s pyramid shows us this is the way to eat. Still, we are bombarded with all sorts of propaganda to keep us in the fat zone. I did the Atkins diet last year and lost 25 lbs. (I was 30 overweight). It took me nine months of eating mostly meat, and veggies to get the weight off. When I finally quit the diet I gained it back within 1 1/2 months. Go figure. Now I have (after every diet in the book) decided to moderate all things in my diet. I'm done with the diet circuit and have just cut down on portions and seriously slowed down on sweets. In the first week I lost 1 1/2 pounds (without exercise) which is what is said to be a healthy weight loss per week. Will it take a while? Sure, but it will stay off once it's gone and I will have developed a great way to live. Dr. Phil's book is a great way to get your head on straight when it comes to this (I'm not plugging, really! :) )

Now, as far as orthodox medicine goes, all people respond differently. Some are fortunate enough to respond to chemo and such. However, when all is said and done, there is not much left of the good inside of the body. Chemo is notorious for destroying almost all the good bacteria, white blood cell count and so on from the body. It has never made sense to me to destroy all the good that the body has to offer in it's own aid to try and cure it. I'm hoping that modern science will stop contradicting itself someday. I have lost all of my faith in modern medicine. If you think about it, the main reason we are all here debating this issue is because we have all been let down by the many medications and the flim flam that has been fed to us by the medical establishment. All of us had been given meds that didn't help, most of us were told there is no cure, we just have to live with it. Yet, something in all of us told us that wasn't the way it really was. The very success of this site proves that there are alternative therapies. Sheesh! I'm long winded sometimes! LOL! Anyhow, I'm done. Basically it just boils down to 'whatever you believe and whatever floats your boat is probably what will work for you. Half the battle is believing. The rest is really up to God. If your time is up, it's up. Period. No amount of snake oil will matter if it's your turn to punch the time clock. :lol:
Azfireangel
Brady Barrows

Cause of rosacea?

Post by Brady Barrows »

I have written an editorial on the subject at this url >

http://www.rosaceans.com/html/cause.html

That is why we need more research on the subject. I formed a non profit organization to find the cure for rosacea >

http://www.irosacea.org
Brady Barrows