Once, again old topic but still so dryyyyyy

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

lovely

Once, again old topic but still so dryyyyyy

Post by lovely »

Hi everyone, I'm using DS for 2 months, but my skin is still so dryyy, eventhough I have using Olevera gell but it still not control it. For whoever using the DS for a long time, how long did it take for you to have no more dry skin and how did you control it. Also, how come I still have pimples pop up here and there. Before I have white head but now I have the pimples that more deep into the pore and take the long time to be disappear. I don't know why I think like this, but I believe if you stop using DS for several days the acne will come up and more worse. Have anyone think about if you stop the DS then the mite will grow rapidly and faster than before. I'm scared. This question for woever using make up during DS, will it make your face worse, because before I have used only mascara and eyeliner and eyeshadow but I noticed that after I wash my face then the next morning I noticed there are several pimples pop up at for forhead. Also is it ok that I can use sunscreen that have good smell (I think they have fragnance in it) because I'm scare that fragnance might cause mite grow more. thanks a bunch sorry for too long
georgee

Skin still so dry

Post by georgee »

I have been using the Demodex products for a year now, they have worked great for me. XMFL Cream, ZZ Ointment and the wonderful Soap! As far as the make-up issue, I also just use eye make-up and lipstick. (on occasion cover-up)Being in the 1st 2 months you will probably see alot of flare-ups as you get these little critters under control. (they are on all human beings) except Michael Jackson or Howard Hughs type people, lol! Anyway, I also did not find Aloe Vera Gel very moisturizing for me either, but I did find a good non greasy product that worked for me called Abba Nourishing leave on moisturizer for hair and body. You can probably buy it on line or at a beauty supply store or salons that carry it.It even removes make-up. I slather it on in between my Demodex treatments. My dry skin is completly gone. Smells good too. As far as your sunblock question? I use any of the spray on ones that are labled "Quick Dry"and are SPF 15. They seem to be non-greasy. My favorite is Banana Boat Sunblock Quick Dry Spray.
katwalker

Post by katwalker »

Are you saying your acne is more cystic (deep, red bump... eventually pus comes to surface) than surface (smaller bump, pus is right there immediately)? If so, I'm not sure if these products will work on that.

As for sunscreen, I don't think fragrance has any effect on mites, but fragrance can irritate sensitive skin. Also, no one ever says this, including dermatologists (and they should know better than anyone), but you (and everyone) need to be using a broadband sunscreen. You can tell this in two ways:

1) It will say broadband sunscreen.

2) Active ingredients is one of the following: Avobenzone or Parsol 1789 (which is a brand name... can't remember the generic name... it's something long and complex), zinc oxide, or titanium dixoxide. There is also another one that works that I can't remember, but it's not available in the U.S. yet.

Broadband sunscreen is the only one that blocks out UVA and UVB rays, which means you not only prevent sunburns but long-term sun damage that is not immediately visable (the kind that breaks down collagen and causes wrinkles and skin cancer).
Walter

Post by Walter »

Demodex mites are often the reason for cystic acne as well, is the same as other acne, those mites, especially brevis are so deep in your skin and create infections there, also damaging the sebaceous glands, when so deep, the tissue around the infection reacts and closes the way out, only when the infection works his way out after a longer time the infection stops but leaves most of the time a scar because of the bacteria damaged also the skin close to the surface, that is why I always made a hole myself with a needle just before the infection reaches the surface and squeezed it out, could be painful sometimes but no scar this way.
Doing this you need to be sure everything is out, otherwise the infection can become even bigger so be careful, don't want to encourage people to do this, just tell how I did.

Walter