12 weeks into treatment

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

RC

12 weeks into treatment

Post by RC »

i am 12 weeks into treatment and am still getting some cyst like breakouts as well as redness and dryness. this is so frustrating. how long till the mites are dead? why don,t they just die?how can they live this long? i have never missed an application.
SteveInAustin

Re: 12 weeks into treatment

Post by SteveInAustin »

3 months was about when I started noticing some improvement, about the same that could be expected from benzoyl peroxide treatments. It got continuously better after that, however. And really it was only after 5 months when I was nearly 100% clear.

I've heard from others that they're still breaking out 7 months or more into treatment.

I don't know why that would be. I think the products are good and the best at what they do I believe, but the scientist / engineer in me would like to see the active ingredients isolated and concentrated so that it kills the mites in far less time. It would be nice if it could kill them all in a week or so, and without any harm to the skin of course. That's what scientific study could do for it.

Just make sure you're not subconsciously sabotaging yourself. Don't touch your face during the day. Don't pick at any pimples. If you sweat, wash your face immediately after exercise. If you dry your face off, dry it off with a clean, fresh towel - never use a towel again for at least 3 days. Change your pillow cases daily. If you're wearing the same coat daily, buy another coat and toggle between them each day (coats have high collars which rub up against your face). Also, ZZ every night and XFML every morning if you want the best results (some people just do one or the other but not both for some reason). Take a multivitamin daily. Eat better. Get some exercise. Drink plenty of water.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
flower

Post by flower »

i think also that the eggs continue to be layed by surviving mites and their egg cases are impervious to the cream. it takes a long time to get the adult populations down so that less eggs are laid.
but it is true, dont touch/scratch your face...i think the mites travel under the fingernail to new sites(ick). :?
flower