Newbie introduction

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Andy

Newbie introduction

Post by Andy »

Hey everyone,

I'm a complete newbie to all things demodex but was very impressed with the before and after photos and the success stories posted in this forum. I've been wanting to try the Zhongzhou cream for quite some time now but never really got round to it for some reason. Keeping too busy with using an arsenal of other, more or less useless, stuff I guess. I also know Brady Barrows is a friend of the ZZ cream and I have only the highest respect for him and all he has done for the rosacea community.

My story in short: I got seb derm around 20 and was given different creams, the ones that do more harm than good in the long run among others. I later developed very oily skin for which I was given a way too high dose Accutane, 20 mg twice/day. 5 or 10 mg 2-3 times/week would have been more than enough. At first my face really cleared up, but after a few months all hell broke loose and the whole rosacea thing kicked in and I didn't have a clue what the hell was going on. I pretty much self-diagnosed, it had to be rosacea, couldn't be anything else. I also know I'm not alone by getting rosacea from Accutane. The seb derm is now pretty much under total control, most of the time.

Since then I've been trying it all, you name it and I've tried it. Feels like it anyway. I dare not think how much money I've spent on all this crap over the years. I also had three V-beam treatments done, which were pretty successfull but the effect soon faded away.

My rosacea isn't really that bad, it's hardly noticeable when I am calm and everything is "normal", but I can flare-up easily and flush to the usual triggers. I also developed a blushing problem thanks to all this, which rosaceans usually does.

I did have some mild acne problems as a teen, but nothing major the older I got. But now, for some reason, I had a pretty major acne breakout just a few days ago for no appareant reason.

Anyway, I just got my ZZ cream this morning and can't wait to get started and hopefully be another success story. It all makes sense somehow if these demodex mites are behind all my troubles. No wonder anyhting hasn't really worked, no wonder I have my ups and downs without any kind of pattern! I'm very excited by the possibilites that lies ahead with the ZZ cream and I'll post an update after a week or so.

A question: Would someone with seb derm only benefit from using the ZZ cream - can demodex mites also be the cause there? I'm asking for a friend of mine who has a problem with seb derm and somewhat oily skin. He's also tried it all pretty much, but there's still room for more improvement.

Wish me luck! :)

Andy
tkr

Post by tkr »

Hey welcome andy, and i think you are in the right place. Have you had them checked under a microscope by the way? this always helps too. Anyway I am sure walter can help you with any questions to do with the seb derm, but i think its all related, and this z cream has been the best effective treatment for my rosacea, and i am finally getting relief. tamara
Pachouli

Post by Pachouli »

Hi Andy, I'm also new here, just signed up. I'm really looking forward for your update. Sorry, have no clue about seb derm, but I'll tell you that all this is a big nightmare some people have to go through. I'm one of them and wish you nothing except getting your healthy skin back.
Good luck :!: :!: :!:
* Pachouli *
Andy

Post by Andy »

Hey Tamara and Pachouli,

I haven't actually had a chance to test myself for demodex yet, I just felt so many things pointed in this direction and after reading about it and the success stories by so many others I figured I just had to give this a shot. I really don't have anything to loose but everything to win.

Shipping was among the fastest I've experienced, I ordered on Sunday night and got it Wednesday morning - and that's from Hong Kong to Sweden.

Application with this stuff leaves you with a feeling that I've never felt before. It's almost like putting liquid ice on your face, feels quite good! It is a bit strong for the eyes the first few minutes, but soon calms down.

I'm also very interested in the X cream for using as a moisturizer in the daytime, the Metronidazole should help to keep my seb derm under control.

Tamara - good to hear you're getting relif from the Z cream! No bad reactions here so far and everyhting seems to work fine. Are you using the Z cream only or the X cream as well?

Pachouli - have you ordered your cream yet? Don't wait for several months like I did! From what I understand you can experience a few setbacks during treatment, which is only a sign of that it is working, and once that phase is over happy days will be back! :wink:
Pachouli

Hey Andy,

Post by Pachouli »

thanks for reply, that was quick, and inspiration too 8)
Glad to hear that the company is very reliable. :!:
Can you tell me what method of payment did you use and do you pay for the shipment separetly, or it's included in the total price?
Talk to you soon.
* Pachouli *
tkr

Post by tkr »

andy, i only use the z cream nightly and the acarid soap once daily, because its very drying to the skin. I moisurize during the day, and i am still dry, but not as much. It is a very effective cream, i am happy so far. good luck to you tamara
Pachouli

Post by Pachouli »

Hey Andy, how is going?
Just checking how is your progress.
Keep us updated -- a relief for you, a hope for us.
Have a buggless day :P
* Pachouli *
Andy

One week update

Post by Andy »

Hey everyone,

A week has now passed since I first got my Zhongzhou Ointment and started using it, and so far so good! I'm impressed with how non-irritating the cream is for my skin, despite what's in it and how it can sting a bit and water your eyes for the first few minutes after application.

The improvements so far is somewhat reduced redness, both the chronic (which isn't all that bad to begin with, hardly noticeable really under the right circumstances) and associated with flushing/triggers. And it would seem the ZZ cream is the ultimate acne-killer around. I think I mentioned having a major acne breakout for the first time in years a few weeks ago for some reason, and while that has calmed down on it's own, the ZZ cream seems to make sure those last bumps get's killed off properly as well. It's almost like the acne bumps are being cut off in several layers, and in a matter of days all that is left is a little tiny red spot, which also fades away pretty fast.

I won't shout Eureka just yet, I've done that before and gotten very disappointed too many times. But I am truly impressed so far and I will be trying the X cream soon as well for use during the day. Without any kind of moizturiser my skin gets just a bit too dry and that can mess with my seb derm. I use my Green Tea Cream from Dr Syed (http://www.syedbeauty.com) in the day which have helped me a lot with the seb derm.

Ciao,
Andy
Jen

Post by Jen »

Hi Andy

Great to hear that things have started out well for you with the ZZ. Please do keep up-dating as I really hope that this will be the one for you!

Take care

Jen
Andy

2 months update

Post by Andy »

Hello again,

Two months have now passed since I started using the Zhongzhou ointment, and I'm still doing pretty good - no breakouts of any kind since the start and a much more "stabile" skin with reduced sensitivity and improved appereance.

My skin got just a bit too dry when using ZZ every night, my seb derm started acting up a bit, so I switched to using it every other night, and the Green Tea cream every other night, which I also use in the morning. This combo seems to have worked very good for me and the best treatment for my skin I've come across so far.

I'm still however interested in trying the Xin Fumanling cream and have just ordered a bottle together with another bottle of ZZ, it will be interesting to see how they work together and if my skin can improve even more.

When the cool and dry winter air disappears in a couple of months I'll try using ZZ every night again, or maybe sooner depending on how my skin reacts to the X cream.

That's it for now, good luck to everyone else out there!

Andy
Jen

Post by Jen »

Thanks for the up-date, Andy. So glad to hear that things are mostly going well for you. I too would be interested in how you go with the X cream. I would however worry about putting too many creams on your face. Time will tell of course and best of luck.

Oh, I apply ZZ at night only. I use Rose Hip Oil during the day and this seems to be a good balance for me - drying out at night, then moisturising in the morning, I guess. I haven't tried the X cream, as I don't want to try another antibiotic cream. But like I say, would be interested to see how you find it.

Jen
Andy

Post by Andy »

Thanks Jen.

Another thing I also wanted to point out is that I'm buying as much organic foods as I possibly can get my hands on. Not do they only taste better most of the time, but they're also free of many toxins and chemicals stuffed into our usual daily foods. I'm sure this has also had a positive impact on my skin and overall health. This is something I want to recommend to all rosaceans!
Andy

Post by Andy »

Well folks, I replaced the green tea cream with the X cream for a few days but stopped pretty quick and went back to my usual and successfull combo. It just didn't feel right on, and I think it worsened my skin a bit.

With this combo my face is kept clear of the really nasty stuff. Sure, I do flush when I get home into the heat after a hard days work and all that, but maybe not as intense as before and I can eat just about anything without having to fear what I look like later that day or the morning after.

Definetly the best treatment I've come across so far!

Btw, for those of you who are interested, the green tea cream I'm using can be found at http://www.syedbeauty.com

Andy
nicsunflower

Post by nicsunflower »

Hi Andy,
I'm glad the z-cream and Green tea combo is working for you. I've been thinking about switching to using the Z-cream every other day as well because the dryness is still so bad after nearly 2 months and my mild case of seb derm is also becoming more of a problem. Plus, I've actually had increased redness on my cheeks after starting the treatment - its gotten a little better but still not great. My doctor prescribed me elidel for the seb derm, but he also thinks I have atopic dermatitis on my cheeks. I had the flaking skin on my cheeks even before starting the z-cream and its just exacerbated it. I'm a little concerned about the harsh ingredients in elidel that will likely flare up my rosacea. Do you find the Green tea cream really helps your seb derm without aggravating your rosacea? I'm considering getting it, but its pretty expensive so I'm still contemplating.
Thanks,
Nic
Andy

Post by Andy »

Nic,

The current formula of the green tea cream I'm using is slightly different from the usual one, it's a bit "drier", which suits my skin perfectly.

I also know Dr. Syed has been working on trying to get his cream to combat not only rosacea but also seb derm, and so far so good. I've not had the tiniest flake for months now. Winter is usually a killer for seb derm, not no problemo.

I've actually not had any major problems with my seb derm for quite a while now, but after I got this cream, especially the new and drier formula, there is no visible signs at all. It could flare up on me from time to time before, but has kept calm now for a few months, which of course is a big relif!

If you can spare the money, I say give it a go!