Disheartened - Please Help

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

KEVING

Disheartened - Please Help

Post by KEVING »

Hi guys/gals

Getting really disheartened. I have now been on the treatment for 5 months and haven't really seen any difference. I took a break from using the XMFL and ZZ for three days and then started just using ZZ just at night.

In addition i wash morning and night with acarid soap and change my pillowcase everynight and dry with a clean towel.

Can i get info from users that have experienced this problem!?

Please
tallguy1984

Post by tallguy1984 »

Hi, Don't get down about it. I am in the same boat as you. I have been using the zz cream two times a day for the last 5 months, and you know whats funny about it?! That my face is just now starting to get back to what it used to look like before I started taking this product lol. But I am still hopeful, the fact that my face is starting to get better is proof of that. But hey just give it a little more time. It's not easy though, the last for months have been hell for me. my face would break out insanely all over the place at least once a week, then once it started to go away I would have another break out and start the whole process over again. lol But yeah just hang in there bro
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

Thanks mate, thats six months and i think im getting better then bang a bad breakout its so disheartening
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

Thats now 6 months and i cant see things getting better. My face is really bad this week spots everywhere and i cant think why this sudden big outbreak. Im still doing the same. Am i doing anything wrong - stressed!

Thanks
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I wish I had the answer for you, Kevin. I've been there, so I know how frustrating it is.

Are you using the Z cream alone, or doing anything else to combat your acne? I know others may disagree, but if you've been using the Z cream for 6 months and have not seen any real, consistent progress, then you might have to accept that mites isn't the cause of your acne - or maybe not the primary cause.

For example, what's your diet like? Is it high in sugary, fatty, processed high carb food? I went through a very strict elimination diet for 8.5 months which I've written about before, and saw enormous, consistent improvement. I was never totally clear though, which was my main aim, so I figured my acne was due to diet in combination with something else. Hence I started using the Z cream, and find that the combination of diet (which I still follow, only much less rigorously now because hey, life's too short!) and Z cream works well for me.
anja

Post by anja »

I do also agree that diet is a big factor. I''m at about the 3 month mark now, though I use the Z cream mostly at night, and I'm getting some of the biggest, most painful zits of my life. I"ve never had a bad rosacea problem, but I am getting a little bit of a red nose thing, now, too, and pimples in places I never had them before, like on my neck. What I think is happening is that they are coming out in layers. I think they have been living very deep in the skin and it just takes time. There are areas around my chin and mouth that have broken out over and over again for probably the last 20 years, in the same spots, and I feel like very deep infestation/infection is coming to the surface, there. I do not see the deep, white, hard areas in that area when I stretch the skin, now. I plan to go at least 5 or 6 months before taking a break. I have some other health issues, and I think the fact that I apparently react to these mites is an immune thing, and I'm hoping that once I am healthier overall, I won't need to use it anymore, because I don't think you can avoid picking them up just with regular human contact. Keep at it awhile longer, and clean up your diet if you aren't eating natural, whole foods with plenty of pure water. Avoid sugar, all the usual recommendations.
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

Ok thats me at six months and still not seeing much improvement. I just stopped for three days and then re started and my skin sort of cleared up in that time. I have since started again and im starting to breakout again, just hope its just the killing of the mites happening again.

What you think?

Feel my diet is ok and verging on the good side so don't see that being the problem.

Ta Kev
tkr

Post by tkr »

Keving, How long have you had this skin problem and how severe is it?? Is this rosacea or acne or both?
And Are you constantly breaking out, what is happening exactly?
tamara
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

Hi tamara,
I wouldn't say i have bad acne, but it is really persistant it seems to flare up now and again - same with my roscea, sometimes i feel im not going anywhere and thats about 7 months - maybe a small change if im honest!!

The thing i notice is that it flares up after drinking alcohol, this happens about two days, during drinking my rosecea flares up but the day straight after my skin looks clear. My skin also looks clear if im on holiday and in direct sunlight although my rosecea does flare up.

Im sure i have this mites as i can feel my skin crawling when its dark.

Just wish i seen more improvement

Thanks

Kev
tkr

Post by tkr »

Well keving, I would hang in there up to a year if Iwere you. I know people may think that is crazy perhaps but, some people on here that I have spoken with had taken 7 months and even longer to finally have their skin see improvement. This is my opinion though, from what I gather every case is different and the mites are not an easy task to begin with. I would avoid alcohol too, as you know it is a big nono for rosacea. Avoiiding triggers is important, I know it is very frustrating, but you have come this far, so hang tough.....it may just take longer for you as it does with many that I have spoken too. Or get walters opinion in the meantime and see what he says. take care, dont give up!! tamara
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

Thanks tamara i will, thanks for your positive input really appreciate it!! I battle it, im a battler!! Another question do you think you can use too much ZZ Cream at night and the mites dont come out!? Also how many times should i take a break from treatment!? Thanks Kev
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

Hey people still disheartned. I'm at eight months now and i think its slowly stopping my acne but its hard to tell somedays i think so and others i dont. My skin looks really dry and old today.

I think maybe im scrubbing my face to much i only wash with the acarid soap twice a day but maybe im scrubbing to much and its making my skin look worse and it is improving.

I just need more advice?

Would dry the ZZ cream at night with a cool hairdryer make a difference?

Thanks in advance

Kev
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

Anyone help?
anja

Post by anja »

I don't use some of the harsh soaps I see recommended here. I use a really gentle facial cleansing product I get at the health food store, it's barely even soap. I also only use the zz cream at night, twice a day was too drying for me. However, I'm at the 5 month mark or longer, and I'm still breaking out. I also have to admit I'm not great in the hygiene deparatment - as far as my makeup and changing the pillowcases and sheets as often as I should, according to advice I've gotten here, so that could be part of my problem.

I have never had very bad acne, just hormonal flare-ups, for the most part. I've also noticed a direct correlation between my diet and health "inside" with more/less breakouts. For a long time I have had a problem with internal protozoa/parasites and candida overgrowth, basically a bowel imblance, and I think that creates systemic toxins. For whatever reason, when I feel like that infection level is more active because I'm eating too many carbs or refined foods, my skin will break out more. I learned a lot about cleansing on a site called curezone.com, and I have read similar things from many people there, that the health of the bowel and a toxic situation in the body plays a big role. I don't know if demodex is not the entire cause of acne in that case; or if it is, but a weaked body/immune system as a result of diet and toxins allows parastic organisms to really take root and take over, I have no idea, but I do much better when I'm eating fresh, whole foods, pay attention to proper food combining for good digestion, and stay cleaned out (not constipated - i.e. going more than once a day). You might try being gentler with your skin, backing off on the zz cream (using less or less often), and really cleaning up your diet, doing a bowel, parasite and liver cleansing program. I've done about 10 liver flushes as I've learned about on that curezone site I mentioned, and have had great improvements in overall health with that. I think the topical treatments are great, if indeed mites are the problem, but I think, based on my own experiences, anyway, that you can't really permanently clear any type of infection (or infestation) if you don't support your overall health through diet, cleansing, exercise & things like meditation/relaxation/spiritual wellness, you know. The whole packaage. I hope that helps, it's all I've got right now.

Oh, and one other thing I've thought of that may or may not be relevant, I've wondered sometimes whether the mites adapt to the treatment, the way bacteria can adapt to an antibiotic, and you have to rotate products to kill them. There may be some natural essential oils that are also effective against demodex that could be rotated with the ZZ cream, just to confuse 'em, and maybe give your skin a break from the drying effect. I am actually turning 40 today, and my skin does look older and drier from using the cream. I am hoping it's not permanent. I'm also getting pimples on my scalp and neck, which I've never had before, so it makes me think they're on the move. As you might guess, I've fallen off my correct diet wagon and have been eating too many sweet things and bread. Some big zits this month with my PMS... worse than usual. My bad.
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

Thanks for your reply really appreciate it. So you think the key is to clean up overall health and boost immunity. Ill look at curezone for ideas treatments.
Ill rotate my treatments more as im the same i've noticed pimples/spots on my scalp.

I only use ZZ cream at night. What should i rotate the ZZ cream with?

Thanks in advance.