Day 3 on ZZ and xfml cream review

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

RR3rdMD

Day 3 on ZZ and xfml cream review

Post by RR3rdMD »

Well i've started using the zz cream and the xfml cream and so far so good. No initial break outs, Knock on wood, as of yet. Before using the cream, i had a couple of pimples but are now gone.
My regimen goes like this; morning, wash my face with the acarid wash and apply xfml cream. work til about 11pm and shower/ wash my face with the acarid wash again then apply the zz cream. While i wash my face, my face feels incredibly smooth and the places where my face is red( tzone, nose and surrounding area) feel much smoother. However, when i dry my face, my tzone nose and surrounding area look very shiny. I feel like my face is getting oily as the day progresess.

Does anyone have a better way to apply the zz cream? i feel like the cream is hard and does not go on smoothly like the xfml cream.

Recap, day 3 on the treatment and my face feels smoother, but face is shiny and feels slightly oilier as the day progresess. any input will be greatly appreciciated.
blbase

Post by blbase »

Here's what I do...
I never actually put my fingers in the jar of ZZ cream. (For no reason other than I can easily control the amount of ZZ cream I use and it doesn't get under my fingernails.) I use an orangewood stick (usually used by manicurists). I scoop a small amount of the ZZ cream, dampen the fingers on one hand then rub the ZZ cream and water togther then apply to my face. Hope this helps and good luck!!
RR3rdMD

day 6

Post by RR3rdMD »

Day 6: Skin is still smooth. still a little bit oily. and i started breakin out on my chin area. small little pimples but its not to bad, just irritates me. red ness has gone down a little bit and have not yet experienced excessive dryness. in fact my skin isnt dry at all. knock on wood[/b]
tkr

Post by tkr »

Hey there, well keep a journal is a great idea, this is what i did as well and it helps the new comers. Keep us posted as per your progress and bad days as well. My initial break out last me a long while, from day 2 to almost 2 months on and off. Hopefull this wont be your case. Good luck to you, you are lucky you are not dry yet. I was dry as a prune. yuk! now i am soft as velvet heeheh tamara
RR3rdMD

Post by RR3rdMD »

day 11: so now my face is getting dry. and one or two pimples here and there but they go away quickly. the redness around my nose is slowly subsiding but it is still noticable. i did get a clutter of pimples on my chin but have now flaked off in only a matter of days. overall my face feels smoother
tkr

Post by tkr »

great to hear this, keep goin...tamara
RR3rdMD

Post by RR3rdMD »

Day 17: face was extremely dry and flaky but has now been tamed. face is still smooth and redness is noticecably clearing. one, maybe two pimples have popped up but can barely see it. However, oiliness is still there halfway through the day but is tolerable. so far so good
Millie

Post by Millie »

I am right behind you, and following your progress closely - thanks for the posts!