Jen's Progress with ZZ

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Jen

Jen's Progress with ZZ

Post by Jen »

I've posted these pics in the Rosacea Forum but thought I would share here too, as it's relevant.

I started using ZZ nightly on 23 August 2006. Had some dreadful breakouts but now seem to be on the up and up! Yeay! I have had Rosacea since around early 2001 or so, maybe earlier. It's hard to know when it actually started, as it was gradual, I had no idea what was going on and then I was in denial for a long time!

Anyway, this pic was taken on 07 September 2006, major breakout from ZZ:

This one was mid-October, still struggling with the ZZ breakouts but at least no swelling in this one:

This one was taken mid-November, with makeup on. Not completely covered but at least I am able to WEAR make-up now!

This one was taken 25 November 2006, after being out under the hot Australian sun, swimming in the pool for about an hour. My eyes are sore from the chlorine but I think it shows some improvement. Still a way to go but much better...I think anyway.

I also try my best to stick to an unprocessed foods diet (Bee Wilder's Candida Diet - healing naturally diet) and use low level red LED light therapy at home each night - religiously for almost 3 months now. I like the idea of natural healing. I don't take any medications.

Jen
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Oh Jen, poor you for what you've had to go through - given the extent of your rosacea. There is definitely improvement in the P&Ps though, that cannot be denied, and I'm so happy for you and can totally understand why you want to share it with us. I can relate to the racoon eyes of your second picture too, because that was me too.

My skin truly didn't appear that dissimilar to yours, though a lot of my redness was caused by eczema/sebderm exacerbated by the long term use of steroid cream, as well as acne. I have improved (healed?) so much over the last year... Compared to then, I'm a different person - both in looks and how I feel about myself. The only pics I have now are of me with a mostly umblemished, mostly unred face, which dont serve any purpose without anything to compare it to (because for years I always avoided the camera and/or destroyed the evidence, which makes me feel sad that that is how I lived but there's nothing I can do about it now). So well done for showing us the real you, and long may your improvements continue!
Jen

Post by Jen »

Thanks Mikey.

Nobody wants their ugly shots put up for the world to see and I avoided cameras for a long time. When I got a digital camera, I decided to try and document my Rosacea ups and downs with photos. It was supposed to only be for my own evaluation. However, being that I am part of the on-line world of Rosacea, I thought it might be worth sharing. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. I reckon I have posted many thousands of words, so photos were to back it all up. Proof in the pudding, so to speak.

Hey, maybe one day I will be able to post a photo of a 'normal' looking face, no makeup, and still be considered to look attractive, like the old days before Rosacea? Just 'normal' is what I am aiming for, sans makeup.

Jen
Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

HEY JEN ,
i AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU POSTED YOUR BEAUTIFUL PICTURES. I BEEN THROUGH A ROUGH ROAD MYSELF AND BESIDE HEARING OF EVERYONES STORY, I CAN SEE YOUR STORY WITH MY OWN TWO EYES. AND YES I AM NOT ALONE. SO I GUESS THERE IS HOPE FOR US ALL. I CAN SEE A MAJOR IMPROVEMENT WITH YOUR SKIN. THANKS AGAIN. YOU ARE A ANGEL YOU TRULY ARE.
tkr

Post by tkr »

Jen, you are improving! You are simon number 2 lol!
I know you will achieve excellent results....keep goin girl, your doin great. I see in the 3rd picture your forehead has really improved too. tamara
Brady Barrows

congratulations

Post by Brady Barrows »

Jen,

Congratulations! Posting your progress is brave and we are grateful for your sharing this with us.
Brady Barrows
Jen

Post by Jen »

Thanks Tiffany, Tamara and Brady

Not sure about "beautiful pictures" Tiffany but if it helps just one other Rosacean, then it was worth the effort. We're not alone, that's for sure! Sigh!

Ah, not sure about being "Simon Number 2" Tamara. Maybe in time...I hope so! Yup, my forehead has definitely cleared now. Hopefully this continues down my entire face.

Thanks Brady. Yeah, brave maybe. Feel a bit ugly but hey, it's how it is. Maybe it's my way of 'releasing' the ugly and looking forward to being 'normal' again?

My real hope is that this inspires some. To know that there are some folks out there controlling their Rosacea beast. Touch wood - I hope it continues! I'm trying to be as positive as I can be.

Jen
tkr

Post by tkr »

Hi Jen, wanted to check in to see how your doin. Its been awhile, I am doin awesome, couldnt be happier. I hope you are healing. take care and let me know, bye 4 now tamara
Jen

Post by Jen »

Hi Tamara

Yep, things are still going great guns for me. I'm really happy to hear that you are doing so well too. Yeay!

Jen