4 MONTH MARK - HELP PLEASE

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

KEVING

4 MONTH MARK - HELP PLEASE

Post by KEVING »

Hi all,
Thats now been four months of treatment and still not clear. I have been conducting the following;

Morning

Wash face and Body with Acarid Removing Soap and Face Wash
Apply XMFL Cream after drying with a clean towel
Wash hair with Demodex Solutions Shampoo

Evening

Wash Face with Acarid Removing Face Wash
Apply ZZ cream to Face slighly damp face

Change pillow case on bed

I think its now time for me to take the test. I know where to get a microscope, but where do i get the rest of the stuff?

Any other help folks?

Thanks in advance.
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

Pretty please!!?? hee hee
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

Walter can you help please
tkr

Post by tkr »

Keving, sorry I am not sure of the answer, however I am at the 3 month mark, and every case is different. How long have you had rosacea? what type are you? My rosacea is not gone yet, but I am better than I was so I certainly will continue, some peple have better results over longer periods of time, hang in there, but sure is a good idea to get the microscope and get down to business. tamara
Rep123

Post by Rep123 »

Kevin, not sure why Walter hasn't answered yet, he's usually really good about it, in time he will, but wanted to let you know the details of how to do the microscope mite test are included in the FAQ on this website. Everything you need should be fairly easily attainable, just read the instructions. I've been using the zz cream and the acarid soap now for 6 months, am alot better but also not clear, and am determined to continue for at least a year before I let myself get too frustrated. I know these mites take a long time to get rid of, particularly the brevis ones, so as long as you are seeing SOME improvement, you should continue with what you're doing. Let us know how you do with the microscope test, I haven't done one but would love to, I think it would really help if you could test from time to time and at least see if the numbers are decreasing. Hope this helps.
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

Thanks for the reply. Just really want to know if olive oil works ok for the test? Also do you think i should go down to the maintenance routine?

Thanks
Jen

Post by Jen »

Hi Keving

I don't know the answers to your questions but I wondered if you tried one thing at a time or did you start with the Acarid Soap, ZZ, XMFL and shampoo all at once? Perhaps one of them is not for you? Just a thought.

I haven't tried the XMFL but maybe it can be applied to a damp face, like the ZZ? That way, you don't need to put a towel to your face. I'm not sure, just something I thought of.

Jen
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

I did try they all at once but not sure how you would tell?
Jen

Post by Jen »

Well, that's what I mean. You wouldn't be able to tell which one is helping the most (or least) if you started using them all at the same time. Maybe you could cut one out of your routine and see if there is any improvement/worsening. Then cut another one out etc. Then re-introduce them again, one at a time to see what happens. It's a bit time consuming but might be worth trying. I would allow at least a week between any changes you might make, so it gives enough time to evaluate any changes that might happen.

Just an idea anyway.

Jen
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

So do you think i should cut out all day treatment and just give the ZZ cream at night a go!? What do you all think?
Jen

Post by Jen »

It's really up to you Keving. Sounds like a good plan though. The only downside I see in not putting anything on your face during the day, is that your face might get quite dry. I use ZZ at night and in the morning I gently massage a few drops of Rose Hip Oil onto a damp face to keep it moisturised. I wash with Acarid Soap morning and night. However, I don't think you want to be trying new things yet, whilst you figure out what is working best for you. Perhaps you have used a light moisturiser in the past that you can tolerate and use sparingly in the morning, if your face gets dry?

It's up to you really. If I hadn't seen any significant results after 4 months, I would be wanting to know which product is working or not working best for me.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to try.

Jen
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

Jen whats your regimen do you just use ZZ at night? My face seems to be past the stage of getting dry and flaky hasn't happened in a good few weeks.
Jen

Post by Jen »

As mentioned above, I use ZZ at night. If you don't get dry skin, then maybe try the ZZ at night only. See how you go.

Jen
KEVING

Post by KEVING »

ok so why do you not use xmfl during the day?
Jen

Post by Jen »

I don't want a topical antibiotic on my face. I did try Rosex Gel (Metrogel) but the effects wear off over time. I prefer a la natural stuff. ZZ is the closest I come to using a 'medicated' topical.

Kev, it's really up to you, as to what you want to try. I can only give ideas/suggestions/recommendations with what I have tried myself. It doesn't mean that what I have tried will work for you.

I'm not sure if you are a member of the Rosacea Forum but you might want to read some of the posts there. Or even the Yahoo Rosacea Support Group too. I'm not sure if you have Rosacea or Acne?

Anyway, go with youir gut instincts Kev.

Jen