Anyone out there at the 2 month mark???how r u doing??

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

tkr

Anyone out there at the 2 month mark???how r u doing??

Post by tkr »

Hey I'm at 2 months and wondered if anyone out there is where I am. LOVE to hear from ya. Still dry and flaky, but surviving this and at least I am better than I was during the itchy period and the break out period. GEESH....the things we must endure to get to the other side. Cant wait to 120 days and get off this stough. tamara
Jen

Post by Jen »

Hi Tamara

I'm at 2 1/2 months (10 weeks) now and things have finally settled down for me. Certainly improving - touch wood! :) I went through horror p&p breakouts but thank goodness that doesn't happen anymore. Only a few p&p's now that are easy enough to deal with.

Hey, I'm not sure that the 120 day 'bench mark' will mean that you won't need to continue occassional use of the ZZ ointment? I can't imagine that I will be 'cured' in another 7 weeks but I like what the ZZ is doing for me now. Was a rough ride to get where I am now though. Urgh! I'm glad I persisted though.

One funny thing, which really doesn't mean anything but when I first started reading about Rosacea on-line, the FIRST web page I book marked was the DS site! I kind of feel that is some sort of omen or something? :lol: ---> Insert Twilight Zone music! :lol:

Hope things improve for you soon Tamara.

Jen
tkr

Post by tkr »

Hi Jen,yes your right I may need the maintenance program after the 120 or 180 days. That I can live with lol. I am so glad you are doing better too, Awesome, because we both started very close together. I only get a papule here or there, but the break out period is over now(hope it does not come back to haunt us) wheres that music haha. Jen, we stuck it out, and I am sure it is going to get better with time and patience. Do you find your rosacea flares have gotten better? or the same? keep me posted jen, always love to hear from ya. luv tamara
Jen

Post by Jen »

Hi Tamara

I would say that I don't flush as much as I used to and as I have mentioned, the p&p breakouts are much less.

I'm really happy that I decided to finally try the ZZ ointment. Fingers crossed it continues.

Jen
had enough

Does zz cream help reduce redness?

Post by had enough »

Hi,

Have any of you noticed if the zz cream helps with redness or is it only helpful for the p&p's? Thanks, TH
Jen

Post by Jen »

I'm not certain yet TH. I have definitely had a reduction in redness but I think I owe that to red light therapy at home.

Right now, I think the ZZ helps me with p&p reduction and the red lights with other Rosacea issues. That is, redness, flushing, burning, stinging, sensitivity of the face in general.

I have read that others who use the ZZ have said that it helps to reduce redness. Perhaps check out some of the other threads in this area or hopefully others will post in this thread in reply to your question.

Ultimately though, I guess you will never know unless you try it. It took me ages to jump in and give it a go and I am very happy that I did.

Jen
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

The redness is the last thing to go, can be even a long time after the p&p are gone, the immune system needs to stop reacting an the allergens from the mites and this can take a while, even more then a year sometimes.

Walter
tkr

Post by tkr »

Walter thanks for your info. Jen have you had any other break out at all lately? Ive just had another the past 3 days, just wondered about you too. We are so close to the start time. taamara
pears103

redness and acne

Post by pears103 »

Walter I hope you are right. I started the program in June and since then I get acne a little..but it goes away within a day or 2 and all the papules and pustules have gone away.. My face still gets red..that is the one thing that needs to go..and I still have a couple red lines on the side of my nose from the affects..will these red lines go away in time with continued treatment now on the maintenance program?
tkr

Post by tkr »

pears what do u mean red lines from the effect??tamara :?:
pears103

tk

Post by pears103 »

like the thin red lines that occurred when the mites were affecting my skin without me treating it.. u know.. alot of people talk bout them in their stories. like..before i had this problem with my face..these red lines weren't on my nose..now i can't seem to get rid of them.
Jen

Post by Jen »

tkr wrote:Jen have you had any other break out at all lately? Ive just had another the past 3 days, just wondered about you too. We are so close to the start time. taamara
Hi Tamara

Well, I am happy to say that I got through the PMS stage this month without a breakout! Yeay! However, just after that time of the month (sorry guys), I have had some p&p's crop up. Not really bad but annoying none the less.

All in all though Tamara, I am happy with my decision to try the ZZ ointment.

Jen
Jen

Re: tk

Post by Jen »

pears103 wrote:like the thin red lines that occurred when the mites were affecting my skin without me treating it.. u know.. alot of people talk bout them in their stories. like..before i had this problem with my face..these red lines weren't on my nose..now i can't seem to get rid of them.
Hi pears103

I may be wrong but was the skin on your nose red before you started the ZZ? It sounds like maybe your nose has become less red and now you can see the broken red capillaries there? That is, the colour of the "red lines", are now more visible because they used to be the same colour as your nose?

I am speaking from experience here, so please don't be offended. My face is pretty much permanently red. However, there are times when the redness subsides for a while and that is when I notice the broken red capillaries on my face. They stand out more but for me it means that things are going well.

The only thing I know of to get rid of the red lines is IPL or laser but I am not willing to go down that path. It can work or it can make things worse. A risk I am not willing to take.

Hope this helps.

Jen
tkr

Post by tkr »

jen, i am so happy things are going better for you. I am also finding it very interesting that the red lines you are talking about (the red capillery veins) of course goes hand and hand with rosacea. Well today i noticed i can see them more, maybe this is a good sign?? anyway jen, i am still breaking out actually, not as much but yes it is stll happening to me. Jen, i also perfectly understand what you mean about the laser. I myself, would be too afraid to do it for the fact ive heard many mixed things about it, and dont want to cause any more harm to my super sensitive skin. Laser is a form of light and to me this is more damage to the skin. If I can wear only moisturiser and no more make up period, this would make me happy. bye jen, take care tamara