Any input from long time users...at 4.5 months

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

crzyakta

Any input from long time users...at 4.5 months

Post by crzyakta »

Hey guys, skin is doing great...noticed that some foods might still give me a little break out (like cheese), not sure why, it doesnt make my skin oily or anything...is it a problem with protein digestion?

also the trouble spots (well they were trouble spots before) still have signs that they might break out (and if I do get small break outs, its in those areas) will this clear up soon as well?

and finally my nose still has blackheads (or white stuff), not inflamed or infected...but will these clear out as well...it looks as though the severity of blackheads has decreased alot, but they are still there, sometimes if I dont get enough sleep, there are alot...any ideas? thanks
crzyakta

Post by crzyakta »

bump
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

I doubt it's the food causing anything you see on your face. But it's possible. Most adults are lactose intolerant, which means dairy products cause bloating and such. But I don't know how that would affect acne. And no, it's not a protein digestion problem, since all foods contain pretty much every type of amino acid. If you had a protein digestion problem, you'd have much more to worry about than acne. You might be dead.

For trouble spots, just zap it with a blob of ZZ cream. They tend to go away fast for me when they happen. Like, I'm talking 2 days and they're gone for the most part.

If you're getting a reoccuring problem spot, it could be telling you that you have a nervous habit you're unaware of whereby you keep on recontaminating the area. Something to think about. Either that or you have deep pores which harbor mites and their eggs, and it's taking longer to get rid of them.

Same issue with the nose. Keep bombing it. Not sure, but you could try those pore cleaner products. I think they're like a gel that's on a piece of tape. You apply it to your nose and then lift it up, and it supposedly pulls the junk out of your pores. I heard mixed reviews of them. But the deal is, if your pores are cleaner, then when you go to apply ZZ cream to it, the cream can work its way into the pores better. Just a theory. I never tried it.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
crzyakta

Post by crzyakta »

"Either that or you have deep pores which harbor mites and their eggs, and it's taking longer to get rid of them. "

i think that might be the case...I have made it a point (and have trained myself) to keep hands off my face...if I have an itch, I`ll usually use a peice of cloth to scratch it

I think these are just the final battle grounds for the mites...last couple strong holds...hopefully they`ll give up in those areas soon too
Kat

Long time treatment

Post by Kat »

Hallo,
I have now been using the zz cream for almost a year. I started with 2 times a day and no make up on my face for a couple of months. Improvement was enormous! Then I had to go back to work and reduced the application of zz cream to once a day in the evening and Xin Fumaling in the morning. I was still happy with the results. My face has never cleared out completely, but I feel comfortable about going out and seeing people.
But I also have come backs on the same areas around my mouth. This has always been the worst infected part of my face. During the last year I noticed a huge increasing in Herpes break outs around my mouth. These are huge and ugly and happen very often. Could there be any connection?

I am sure I still have some mites on the skin since I get this itchy feeling in the evening before I have washed my face, so I probably need to continue the treatment again.

On the cheeks where the skin has cleared out I have some scars. How do I get rid of them?

Thanks for help....
crzyakta

Post by crzyakta »

maybe the herpes is restricting your immune system, possibly at the skin level, allowing the mites to proliferate...are your breakouts around the same time as your herpes out breaks?

also, you might be re-infesting yourself with a pet, or dirty sheets/clothing?
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Yeah, I can't venture a guess about any connection with herpes outbreaks. That's beyond me. I think you should ask a dermatologist.

Scarring is a tricky problem to solve. On the one hand, I heard that scarring does eventually get better over time. But it's very gradual and could take decades to reduce. There are surgical procedures to remove scars involving scalpels and/or lasers. Talk with your dermatologist about it. He/she will likely forward you to a good plastic surgeon. So there is hope... Don't know of any other thing to reliably help with it. Chemical peels or botox injections? Dunno.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
Kat

Post by Kat »

I was also thinking about reinfection through sheets or make up products. There are so many factors involved....Ohhhhhhhhhh :)

But is it ok to continue the treatment for so long? It's been a year since I started using zz cream. Does skin get used to the cream and stop reatcing on it?
Walter

Post by Walter »

No, the mites doesn’t become immune towards the ZZ cream.

Walter
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Kat do you have herpes? sorry if that was personal but it sounds almost like perioral dermatitis, if this is the case see your derm so he can perscribe you an antibiotic to help with these types of breakouts.
Kat

Immune system

Post by Kat »

Thanks,
my doctor took a bloodtest first, probably it is my immune system that needs some help. I wait for results :)