MUST TAKE A DAY OR EVEN TWO OFF THE Z CREAM

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

tkr

MUST TAKE A DAY OR EVEN TWO OFF THE Z CREAM

Post by tkr »

:( I HAD A terrible allergic reaction to something that I am not sure of yet, and OH MY GOD! my whole face had broken out terribly, i was horrified. It started with this virus i picked up over a week ago, then aweful nasal congestion, wheezing and so on.....and then whammo after having an extremely high temperature from the virus, I had an allergic reaction. My god when does it end. I am so bumbed out right now.
I hope only taking 2 days off the z cream does not change anything, but i dont have a choice right now, my skin had weltches and all. Ugly
walter i hope this is o.k but what else can i do.

tamara :cry:
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

I notice sometimes that when I get the flu or a cold or something, my face will actually get better. I theorize it's because my immune system is being forced into overdrive. It has the side effect of clearing up acne a little more.

So I'd say it's definitely possible you're seeing some kind of immune system reaction. Maybe your immune system went into overdrive, and it resulted in a lot more mites being killed. That might explain the breakout.

Or alternatively, your immune system was too busy fighting off the virus you had, and it wasn't able to fight the acne bacteria as well. So the bacteria could have gone out of control.

Do you really know if this is an allergic reaction? I mean, when you apply the ZZ to your face, does your face turn all red and itchy? Or are you just breaking out more now? If you are getting an allergic reaction, then switch to something other than ZZ. Maybe try XFML instead. And do that until the allergy symptoms have cleared up. And then try ZZ again as an experiment to see if the allergy symptoms reappear... If it is not an allergic reaction, then keep applying ZZ just like usual. Ride out the breakout. The ZZ cream will actually help to cause the breakouts to go away.

You can also apply Carley's Clear & Smooth liquid benzoyl peroxide cleanser to your face. It helps alleviate breakouts caused by acne bacteria.

For your flu, do the normal stuff people do for flu. Take zinc lozenges immediately for the next 3 days. Drink tons of fluids. I tend to drink pure fruit juices in these cases. Get plenty of rest. Eat. Take a multivitamin. When you're better, get vaccinated for the flu (there are a few other strains out there, you only got one).

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
tkr

Post by tkr »

Hi steve, yes I am pretty positive it is an allergic reaction, possibly even from the virus I had. Caused me so many different symptoms. I took some benedryl and it did calm it down, but the welches i had took several days to get under control. I am doing better now, back on the z cream nightly, but I am finding nothing is really changing, but it may still be too soon (Im at 7 weeks now) I did go through the itching, break out period lasting a long time, the dryness (still very dry skin) but i still have yet to see better results. By christmas will be 120 days so ill have to be patient. Steve thanks for your conforting posts. By the way I do have allergies to pollen, birch, ragweed, latex, blah blah blah.
bye steve, luv ya tamara
mysecretcurse

Re: MUST TAKE A DAY OR EVEN TWO OFF THE Z CREAM

Post by mysecretcurse »

Wow this same thing happened to me, I just happened to find this post.
Just like you, I got horrible sick with the flu, and had a horrible, sudden reaction to the zz cream afterwards.

Maybe there is something to this? Perhaps the body cant handle the harshness of z cream while having the flu?

TKR, I dont know if you still post here but if you ever see this Id like to know what happened when you went back to treating with the zz cream again. Id like to try using it again tonight but Im scared of the allergic reaction.