3.5 months in, recent break out...any ideas?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

crzyakta

3.5 months in, recent break out...any ideas?

Post by crzyakta »

Hey guys, I am 3.5 months into treatment, I do ZZ twice a day (after washing with sea buckthorn soap)...had GREAT results after about 3 months, then just like 2 days ago I had a break out on my left upper cheek...its weird cause I was doing really well...thought I wouldnt have to deal with anymore breakouts, just a zit here or there...

Here is what might have triggered it...school started again (university), I have been eating alot more (alot more protein because I am lifting weights again, and it seemed like excess protein used to break me out before), and I am recovering from being sick

Walter, Steve or anyone know what it could be? I have a feeling it was my diet, eating alot of tuna, cottage cheese and natural peanut butter that might have done it...but not sure, it was was in a cluster (the 3-4 small zits I got) and one small one on my nose as well...3 are gone, one remains, slightly infected, not rasied at all just red (I scratched it)

do mites like excess protein? or does the excess protein cause some kind of reaction on the skin that allows mites to proliferate?

I know, i am almost there, but these setbacks really suck :\
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

I've been lifting weights and taking protein shakes like crazy for the past 2 months. No problems with acne during that time.

If you're just 3.5 months into it, then you should expect these little set-backs on occasion. It happens. But it goes away fast. Just use ZZ like normally and maybe add a little ZZ clumps over the big pimples at night (spot treatment). It should cause them to disappear fast.

Maybe what's happening is recontamination of some sort. You just started working out again? Is it possible your sweat is carrying the mites from your scalp to your face? That happened to me once. I realized the problem and made changes to my hygiene. I found that I had to wash my face immediately after working out. I also stopped reusing towels which I used to wipe off the sweat from my face. I also added a fan to my workout room which prevented the sweat from traveling down my face at all.

You could also be in contact with more people and accidentally allowing them to touch your face now that you're back to school. Even if they themselves don't come into contact with your face, your hands may be touching something of theirs, and then you touch your hands to your face. You could also be touching your hair and then touching your face out of a nervous habit now that you're around people more often. That could all cause recontamination.

I have toyed with many dietary theories for the causes of acne. Haven't found anything in practice or in theory that would have any effect. Except maybe for stuff with iodine in it. They supposedly say that iodine triggers acne for some reason. I haven't found that to be true for me. There is a hypothesis that eating meat and/or cheese might trigger acne, since those products contain hormones used to increase animal muscle size or increase lactation output in the case of dairy cows. I think it's possible that would affect acne, but I'd really have to see some scientific evidence to believe it.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA