ZZ application question

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

kc1

ZZ application question

Post by kc1 »

Hi I've been using the ZZ cream for a little over a week. However I only am applying it 1 time a day at night before I go to bed, and in the mornings I use another cream that moisturizes my face. I was wondering if this was alright, my skin appears to be improving, but will it take longer for ZZ cream to work? Thanks.
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

What you're doing is fine. Make sure you wash and dry your face before applying ZZ at night and after you wake-up in the morning.

Moisturizer is fine to use during the day. You could also use XFML cream during the day. That's the recommended thing to do, since XFML acts like a moisturizer but is also medicated. But I think just doing ZZ at night and using a moisturizer during the day will work too. It might take a little longer than if you were using XFML instead of moisturizer. But probably not much longer. Hard to know.

Only one week into the program? Right about now you'll probably start breaking out like crazy. It's to be expected. Don't let that stop you. It may last a couple months. Ride it out.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
kc1

Post by kc1 »

Thank you for the response Steve. Actually my face isn't breaking out really. I have redness and dry skin on my face due to keratosis pilaris, however I've seen a good improvement since taking the ZZ cream. The few first days I noticed when I woke up that my face was very dry but that was immediately solved once I applied my moisturizer. Also Steve I think I'm noticing some hair follicles that were once trapped from opening up before open up on my face, mainly around where lower sideburns would be. Is this normal to happen, that hair follicles will be opened up? Because I am 21 but I dont really have too much facial hair, except for my chin, mustache, and jaw areas. Thanks.
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

I never heard of the creams "opening up" pores so that new hair can grow. I don't know what is happening there.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
kc1

Post by kc1 »

Yeah its real weird a lot of hair follicles have opened up and now have hairs on my face where I should have had them before. Maybe they were some how clogged and this cream is finally opening them up I really dont know.
tkr

Post by tkr »

steve,do you know if i can wear my make up in the morning, after i wash my face with soap? i hope so, but i want to make sure. thanks tamara
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

tkr wrote:steve,do you know if i can wear my make up in the morning, after i wash my face with soap? i hope so, but i want to make sure. thanks tamara
Well, there is a chance that the makeup will dilute the XFML cream, if you're using XFML cream on your face during the day in addition to your makeup which would go on top of it. But I'd say give it a try and see what happens. If you're not using XFML at all, and you're just applying makeup, then you won't have the issue of your makeup diluting the XFML (since you're not using XFML to begin with). So in that case you'll have no issues at all.

Mostly, I'm not a big fan of XFML. I think the most benefit you'll get is from ZZ applied at night. Using XFML in the day might speed your progress somewhat. So even if you dilute it a little with makeup, the effects will be marginal I think.

As for applying makeup after using the Acarid soap, I don't think it would cause any problems either. The soap leaves behind a persistent anti-mite chemical. That means it stays on your face. Using makeup probably won't affect it. It might dilute it somewhat. But again, it will be marginal.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA