REGARDING WEARING MAKE UP DURING THE DAY

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

tkr

REGARDING WEARING MAKE UP DURING THE DAY

Post by tkr »

Hi I am new here, going to pick up my order tonight. I plan on using the z cream once a night before i sleep and the soap 2 times daily pending on how dry my skin becomes.
Anyway, my question is can I wear my makeup during the day as I normally do, or does that affect the medicine at night (z cream) because I deal with the public, and need some makeup on. thanks tamara
christine

Makeup

Post by christine »

Hi!

I've been using the zz cream for a little while now and have been wearing makeup during the day even though we're not supposed to. My face has cleared up amazingly despite having worn makeup during the treatment time. I make sure to wash my face, and makeup tools every night very carefully. The mites are supposed to really like the ingredients in makeup, so try to wear as little as possible. I wanted to go without, but i'm also in a position where i couldn't live without it. Also, pay attention to which makeup you wear during the day. If you notice your skin getting worse, bumps and itchiness, it may indicate that the makeup itself is contaminated with the mites. So just be very vigilent. I had to throw some of mine away. Hope this helps!

Christine
sandy

Post by sandy »

The mites are supposed to really like the ingredients in makeup
Thats interesting, where did you read this, and what ingredients do they like?
tkr

Post by tkr »

THANK YOU SO MUCH CHRISTINE!! EXCELLENT INFORMATION. I NEVER KNEW MITES LIKE MAKE UP EITHER. WHAT IS THE STORY BEHIND THAT CHRISTINE?? VERY INTERESTED IN KNOWING. TAMARA
christine

Post by christine »

Hi again!

I have read so many articles in journals about demodex and a point that i remebered from one of them was about makeup, because i can't live without it. I don't think it stated which ingredients they liked in particular, but my guess would be starch and wheat. Actually, i have gone as far as avoiding wheat in my diet, which i have found to be helpful too. I'll try to find the article within the next few days to get more on this, if i can find it again!

Christine
tkr

Post by tkr »

christine, can i ask you what type of foundation you wear? i wear almay products and burts bees line. thanks tamara
christine

good stuff for your skin

Post by christine »

hi!

Well i have never tried the bee line, but i did use almay when my skin was really bad and it didn't seem to cause irritation for me. Here is a list of makeup and products i used and found helpful other than almay products:

Foundation:
-Infalliable by L'oreal (used once things calmed down and helped to restore skin + hides blemishes really well)
-Recover by Rimmel (used small amount when skin was bad and has vitamin c and e in it)

Powder:
-These are what i worried about the most becasue most seemed to cause irritation on my skin. I also found that putting on too much lead to breakouts very quickly.

- The best ones i found were:
-cover fx, b/c it contains minerals and covers very well (only need a little but its a bit costly)
- The best one has to be Maybeline's pure powder. It is shine free, hypoallergenic and contains calming and healing ingredients.(not too expensive either). I'd try this one if i were you and then switch to the cover fx once things clear up and heal.

Mascara:

-I reccomend that you change your mascaras frequently. Demodex lives densly in our eyelashes and mascara can often become infested with the little guys. If you keep on using old mascara you are really cancelling out the demodex solution treatments

-During my demodex days and throughout treatment, i would buy just a cheapie mascara once a month to make sure there was no contamination

Same as above goes for eyeliners and such

Brushes and sponges:

I would throw away any sponges or brushes that are old, or that you have been using from the onset of your skin problem, and start fresh. All i used and bought myself was a big brush for my powder and blush. I am still staying away from sponges all together. I bought some recently and it caused a little irritation. As for the brush, I wash it regularly at night( so it can dry for the next morning). I just use dish detergent or an antibacterial soap. Make sure you wash it thouroughly and often and that you rinse it really well. I was in a hurry and left some soap on it accidentally and it caused a breakout once.

Creams:
-Until by skin healed up i used a combination of the zz cream at night and wore Impruv skin moisturizer during the day. It was reccomened by by derm and helped lots. Only use a little because it tends to leave the skin feeling greasy.

-Now i use biotherm products and am really happy with them. I use a serum and moisturizer for de-hydrated skin. I still use the zz cream every 3 nights or so and am still peeling every week or so because my skin is still in the healing process i guess. The biotherm line is good once you are at least 3 months clear.

As for soap:

I used St. Ives cleansing gel and it has benzil peroxide in it. I'm not 100% sure what is in it, but its cheap, and good. If you are wondering its in a pump bottle, is a clear jel and has beads in it. This made my skin peel a bit but was very helpful.

Now i am using a Vichy cleanser for acne prone skin. It comes in a green bottle. I would not reccomend this until your skin is 95% improved or until your skin feels like it is starting to be normal again. I used this previously during breakouts and found it made things worse, but now that i'm better i won't live without it.

If you can afford it try to get a facials done regularly at a spa. Some have special ones for acne and rosacea skin. The steaming and treatments there are designed to deeply cleanse and restore skin. Its also really good for relaxation. I'm still doing this to prevent breakouts in the future and have found that the more relaxed i am the better off my skin is. Make sure you only go to a really good quality spa though. If you cannot afford this, there are lots of good websites out there that teach you how to do at home facials with natural products you can find in your fridge. Try looking up "at home facials" or something like it.

I guess the trick is to be extremly vigilent with the stuff you use. Do not keep on wearing makeup products if they burn or make you itch at all. I did this thinking that it was just my skin being freaky as usual. Keep on introducing new products slowly until you find something that makes your skin feel good. Hope this helps!

Christine
tkr

Post by tkr »

WOW THANKS CHRISTINE :D

thank you for all of your input, really means alot. I just had some sort of allergic reaction to something i ate yesterday, so my skin is blotchy and rashy looking with what looks to be hives!! I took some benedryl, and i have decided to really go on a low histamine diet, its quite scarry when this happens. I beleive it was the buns and processed meat that i ate, but not 100% sure.
I am very fussy on cosmetics christine, and since i have rosacea, i have to be extra cautious about what i use. I usually go to the natural health store to buy alot of things there, that are less toxic and dont contain any preservatives and so on. Starting today, ive begun my low histamine diet added to the z cream, and i will see what happens. no sugar, no alcohol, no bread, small amounts of milk, no processed food. I will see if this helps too.So far using almay products seeems o.k but do want a change eventually. Christine thanks for your help. luv tamara