itchy under chin my Z cream journal

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

miteymite

itchy under chin my Z cream journal

Post by miteymite »

Hello
I have just started to use the ZZ cream at night along with the acrid soap, I have had rosacea for about 2 years now, it came on almost over night, with itchy spots and papular pustular skin all over. Well as I was saying I have been using it for 5 days now and noticed that my neck area under my chin is starting to itch like crazy, I havent even put any zz on that area, are they migrating? I also noticed some bumps that itch behind my ears, can anyone tell me whats going on? Other than that face is getting worse and breaking out all over and itching like crazy, hope this is normal. Oh and I am using elidell during the day it seems like the only cream that moisturizes and feels good, is this OK?
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Oh and also my eyelashes are itching crazy, will this go away?
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

well no reply.... hmmmm its now day 7 and my face is on strike, broken out all over I dont seem to be getting new bumps, but the skin under my chin is peeling like crazy, and, I still itch but not as bad. My face is very blotchy and red, but my chin seems like it is calming down, we will see. How much longer will this breakout last? I have stopped the elidell and started to use the toleraine, it sooths nicely, I ordered some noredol skin gel, to see if that will help, I saw that Brady was using it so I guess i will try it, couldnt hurt, or maybe it could. I feel as if Im talking to myself. Anyhow aside from my chin everything else on my face is as bad as it could be. till later
christine

A reply

Post by christine »

Hi Mitey Mite!

I understand the intial flare up you are going through. I just finished my first order of demodex solution products and experienced the same thing as you for the first few days. I also experienced itching in my eyelashes, face, neck, and scalp more than i did before. Now, about 2 weeks later, my skin is back to normal; no more bumps, and only the occasional itch. Keep using this stuff and see what happens. Are you still peeling? I felt as though layers of skin were peeling off my face and neck right after my initial breakout. I think it just meant that my skin was healing from all the damage caused by the rosacea/demodex that i experienced over 2 years.

I found that the elidel cream made me peel more, since it has a mild peeling agent in it, and i now use a moisturizer called Impruv. It really does impruv your skin very quickly. And for soap i use the acarid every other day with a cleansing scrub pad that you can buy from a pharmacy for $2. I also found a soap from a health food store which helps with the peeling. It's organic and has lemon in it and a whole bunch of other natural stuff. The lemon is an exfoliator and gently metls away dead skin, revealing healthy skin everytime i use it, and has helped lots with the itch i was experiencing. I think this has also helped me heal faster. I hope this helps you out. It has for me.

All the best,

Christine
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Finally a responce! Thank you Christine, I am thankful to hear of your experience and that it mimics mine, to a certain degree, I was beginning to think I was the only one here. Well today is day 8 and my skin is still extremely bumpy and blotchyand not just in patches I'm talkin the whole face. My pustules that were coming up are now weeping scabs, very gross, the amount of pustules and papules is remaining the same, so new pustule "crops" seem to be lessening,my neck, scalp and face were itching like crazy last night, eyelashes...not so bad. I really dont have much to do today so I am applying the zzcream in the morning also. I noticed that after I got out of the shower and my face dried a bit it looked as if my entire face was peeling, is this what you mean christine? Its very hard but I will continue using the cream, every bone or should I say every pustule on my face tells me to quit, but I'm in this for the long haul, fall quarter doesnt start untill the 25th of Sept, so I will keep on keepin on. Christine, I have also noticed the itch is starting to lessen, I hope this horrid flare is coming to an end, this is the worst my face has been since being diagnosed with rosacea...wow this sucks. Oh and I am about 3/4 through my first jar. Thank you again for your reply its nice to know that I'm not alone on this journey.
christine

Post by christine »

Hi Again,

I know how you feel about the lack of replies, i also posted something during my flare up and it took a long time for someone to write to me. I know that you are probably really frustrated with your situation, i can't even being to tell you the horror of my journey with skin problems. In fact, despite being "cured" at the moment, my dermatologist has set up an appointment at the hospital this thursday to see a pannell of doctors. She didn't believe that i had demodex even though she never ran any tests, and is perplexed by my past skin condition.

I worked at a vet clinic and did my own skin scrapping 2 years ago, before even hearing about this site. I found demodex and knew i had it ever since. I saw 30 docs and none tested me, but all diagnosed me with something different. I think i have tried every medication known to man by know. These products have saved me. That's why i think that you should continue to give it a try. The flare might be worth all the suffering you could possibly endure in the furture. It's hard right now, i know, but don't give up.

With regards to the peeling, you're exactly right. I would wake up and see dry skin on my face and neck, then i'd shower and my skin would be peeling off in layers. My neck is still peeling now, even though i don't apply the cream there either. I was also applying the zz cream twice daily, which i think made the papules, pustules, and itching go away faster, but made the peeling worse. I'm happy that the peeling is all i have right not, and i think that you are experiencing the same healing process at the moment as i was just a short while ago. I'm also in school and the thought of going back the way i was freaked me out so much, but i think we'll be fine to go back thanks to this cream.

Good luck to you and let me know how you're doing. Our stories sound so similar.

Christine
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Its still day 8 and I just put on my nightly application, man this stuff makes my eyes water and nose run. Anyways I had to run out so I washed off the day application and threw on some toleraine and then some linda sy zinco over that, my face felt pretty good for about an hour, then it got extremely oily and my cheeks became very itchy, and I am very red and my face was hot kinda like I had a sunburn. I hope this is normal.
blbase

Post by blbase »

Hi mitymite,

I just read your post and thought I'd throw in my $.02.
From my experience if I used too much of the ZZ cream my face would turrn red. If you have used 3/4 of a jar since 8/25 or 8/26 you are probably using way too much. Only very little is necessary one jar should last a month if you are applying 2 X per day. A jar lasts me 2 months since I only apply at night. You can try applying with a little water it goes on smoother.
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Hi Base
Thanx for the advice, I kinda figured I was using too much, my whole face has a white shine to it, I tried the water but it didnt feel like I was getting even coverage. I was also wondering... in the order area 4 jars is a months supply...whats up with that? 1 jar should last a month? I will do my best. OK its day 9 and I itched so bad last night, must have woken up 10 times here an itch there an itch, it was driving me crazy. When I washed the stuff off my face I noticed more of an even color to areas of my face and my face is starting to become smoother...holy crap does this mean its starting to work. I enjoyed my new found face untill the water began to dry on it...then it began to look like one of those time lapse shots of a desert oasis drying up until the mud begins to crack... well thats how all the dead skin looked on my face and it looked as if I was 60, with all the wrinkles and such. My face also had a red glow to it mainly in the worst rosacea parts. My neck is starting to calm down, and I think my flushing is becoming less severe. although last night I was very red but it may have been because of the moisturizer I used. I have been taking pictures every few days to keep track of progress, and I think today Iam finally starting to see something, if I look past the redness and blotchiness. Does anyone know when I can handle moisturizer without becoming red, bumpy, oily and flush?
in short
good things:
skin becoming smoother
some areas becoming normal color
flushing may be lessening

bad things:
face itches (although not as bad as last night)
redness
dryness and cracking
cant handle moisturizer yet
Rep123

Post by Rep123 »

OK here's my 2 cents also.... I would not mess with any other moisurizing products if I were you. The DS products work well, if you
throw in other types of chemicals on your face, who knows what kind
of a reaction you could have. I have been using ONLY these products: the zz cream 2 times a day, and the acarid soap for woman 2 times a day. For the dryness and peeling, I use a clean washcloth, with warm water after washing at night, and I gently rup the dead skin off my face before I apply the zz cream... it works really well. No miracles are happening here, I'm almost 3 months into the treatment and am seeing definite improvement but still have a ways to go. You need to be patient and as Steve says, ride it out. As far as moisurizing goes, if you use the washcloth, there won't be nearly as bad of a problem. I do use a L'oreal eye cream under my eyes, but that is it, I don't use it on the zz cream areas. And yeah, one jar should last you at least one month.
Hope that helps and makes sense.
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Thanx for the advice rep. Well its day 10, face was a little itchy last night. My face is red and has weeping scabs from where papules popped, feels raw and seems to have an outbreak of pustules under a crust at the moment, its also peeling like crazy and feels like I have a red crispy outer coating kinda like a glazed doughnut and feels like I have a sunburn. I think rep and base are right I was using too much product. I scaled it way down last night and just put a light coating on with water, before that though I did the wash cloth over the face lightly to remove any dead skin. I am going to only wash my face with the acrid soap during today and stay away from the moisturizer (reps advice) . On a good note face is getting smoother from the outside (by my ears) in (towards my nose). Man I wish this itching would stop, its driving me crazy. I have also been changing my pillow case every night. My dogs are also on frontier and have been washed and vac. along with their bedding.
Rep123

Post by Rep123 »

Sounds good, hopefully you will feel better soon. One more thing, about the itching, I keep a box of tissues by my bed. I'm pretty sure when you feel the itching, that is a mite surfacing. Don't use your hands, instead get a tissue and wipe your face a bit with the tissue, that will stop the itch (until the next one anyway). I still have a bit of itching after 3 months, but not nearly as much, it's calmed way down. Also when I'm at work at my desk, same thing. Key is to not touch your face with your hands, always use a tissue to combat the itching. Kay?
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

thanx again for the advice rep, at this rate I will be going through a box of tissue a day :lol: I just hope this skin will really start to peel off I know there is good skin underneath. I can barely smile and look as if I'm very old and leathery.
christine

Post by christine »

Glad that you are sounding better. I also felt like i looked old and wrinkled after my initial flare-up. My face was peeling so much and so dry that it was hard to even take a bite of food, and that's why i had to add in a moisturizer during the day. I've been using it ever since and have clear skin now. Maybe you should stay clear of the moisturizer until your skin heals up completely. Did you get the xfml?

I'm pretty sure the really bad peeling, dry and sore skin only lasted for a week for me. I do, however, get flaking some mornings still. Hopefully it won't last too long for you. :wink:

Christine
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

thnx for the words of confidence christine, it means alot and it is very hard to maintain the course when every bone in my body is saying stop. I have noticed throughout today that my face is becoming smoother and the bumps and pustules are now more confined to the central part of my face, they seem to be in groups and they are right under the dead skin. I know i said before that I didnt think anymore pustules were coming up, well I was sadly mistaking and I have been bombarded with the little bastards, and not just one or two, but full battalions. I know its only been 4 days that I have been having this killer flare-up, but how much longer, I wanna say that I think its starting to get better, but dont want to jinx it ie..the pustule incident.