initial flare-up

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

christine

initial flare-up

Post by christine »

Hi!

I am wondering how long the initial flare-up lasts (on average)?

I've been using the fxml, zz, and acarid for a week and am experiencing itching and spots. :oops: Is this a good sign? And can anyone give advice on dry/peely skin? :D

Thank you,

Christine
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

It's perfect timing. Happened to me the same way. I was just 5 days or so into the regimen when my face started getting worse. Then all hell broke loose. Haha. It lasted for me for about 6 weeks before it started reducing. And it didn't get back to my "baseline" (without medication) until about 10 weeks into the program. So plan on having a messed up face for a little while. The good news is that if you stick to it, it's going to clear your face like it's never been before. Hopefully.

Mind you, that's just me. Your progress time may vary.

Dry, peely skin... Yes, taking ZZ once a day will cause peeling. Taking the XFML cream in the day time acts as a kind of moisturizer to help conceal your dead skin. In the morning, after you use Acarid to wash your face, you should dry your face using a clean wash cloth, and then take some packaging tape (or any tape) and apply it to your face to pull off the dead skin. Then apply the XFML cream. You can do the same at night before you apply the ZZ cream. I wouldn't use an exfoliator or any dermabrasion products, because you're already exfoliating. The packaging tape is the best thing I found. It won't be perfect, but it's pretty good.

Another bit of good news... When you get 100% clear, you can ditch the XFML cream and you can reduce your ZZ applications to just once every other night instead of once every night. That's the maintenance regimen. That will tend to make your dry skin problem go away. Maybe not at first. It might take a month or so.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
christine

Post by christine »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. I have really good news. My skin is completely clear and my itching has reduced 50%. As soon as i stopped using the xfml cream and only applied the zz cream at night my face cleared. The only problem i seem to be having now is dry and flacky skin. Despite the flackiness, i am happier now than i have been in a year or possibly even longer. I will try the packing tape, as you suggested, and will keep on using the zz cream and start living my life again. I'm actually looking forward to going back to uni this time round thanks to these products. I wish i had found this website sooner. It would have saved me so much energy, time, and money. Thanks and i'll keep writting about my progress.
:D