Help!!!

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

di

Help!!!

Post by di »

Walter and all,
I was diagnosed with Rosacea in June, 2006. I've been using Finacea topical medication since then (dermatologist recomended), with no results. I've discovered demodex solutions today and I've read almost all the information provided through this site. I had a chemical peel performed on July, 26th. After 3 days I had a huge flare-up which I am trying to control now. Also after the peel I started to feel itching and crawling senzations on my face, nose, eyebrows, and head (inclusive on the interior of my nostrils). I decided to try the DS products. Can you, please, advise me what to order from DS and a regimen to follow?
Another question. I've read that one of the DS products contains eucalyptus oil. I have read that this oil is bad for Rosacea skin. Is this true? Thank you.
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Order the Zhong Zhou cream, the XFML *medicated* cream (not the non-medicated one), and the Acarid soap bar.

You'll use one container of ZZ every 2 weeks if you're using it on your entire face including part of the neck, eyebrows, forehead, nose, upper lips, etc. You'll use one container of XFML every 3 weeks if used on your entire face and bits of your neck. You'll use one Acarid soap bar every 6 weeks if you use it just on your face and neck.

Figure on that when placing your order. I would order one of each product to begin with. Then you can try the products to see if they irritate your face. If you're able to tolerate them, then place a full order. A full order would be for 3 months. At the end of the 3 months, you'll probably need another 3 months of the full order. It takes about 3-6 months for most people to clear up. Rosacea seems to take longer than acne I think, but I'm not sure.

The full regimen is this... Morning: Shave (if you're a man). Wash your face with Acarid soap and water. Rinse your face with water. Dry your face with a dry, fresh, clean towel or wash cloth. Apply XFML cream to your face... Night time: Wash your face with Acarid soap and water. Rinse with water. Dry your face. Apply ZZ cream.

Where to apply the cream: I wouldn't just apply it to the affected areas. Apply it to your entire face. With ZZ, apply it to your eyebrows also, and push it back into your hair line by about a centimeter. With XFML, you probably don't want to apply it to your eyebrows and hair, because then people might notice it.

The creams can irritate some people's skin. So test it on a small area on your face and neck before using.

Yes, the ZZ product contains eucalyptus oil. The only thing I've heard about it is that it can kill demodex mites if used in high concentration.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
di

Post by di »

Thanks, Steve, your reply is very helpful. I hope to start the treatment soon and I'll let you know my progress.
crzyakta

Post by crzyakta »

the ZZ ointment lasts me 5-6 weeks, used twice a day, everyday on my entire face, and small portions of my neck
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

crzyakta wrote:the ZZ ointment lasts me 5-6 weeks, used twice a day, everyday on my entire face, and small portions of my neck
I'm impressed! That's really stretching the supply. Haha. Those canisters really are small. Only lasted 2 weeks for me, once a day. But then I do think I was using a bit more than was necessary. Still, I didn't use that much more.

Which is another reason why people should first try ordering just one of each product to begin with. Try it out. See how long it lasts you personally. Then just place another order for however many it takes to last for 3 months. And again you'll probably need to reorder another 3 months worth after the first 3 months.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA