pimples in the nostrils

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

gerald

pimples in the nostrils

Post by gerald »

I posted once earlier here in Feb. "Three weeks results impressive."

Anyway, I got immediate results with the ZZ cream. I was amazed that the redness, pustules and flaking all disappeared in such a short time. I felt my results were far above average from what I read here on the forum.

I continued using it once a day though. But a few weeks later I started getting pimples right on the inside edge of my nostrils. They were painful and felt like they were deep, not the surface kind of acne.

This went on for almost a month, then stopped. I am wondering, just a guess -- could the mites under attack from the ZZ cream, have migrated from my forehead, nose and cheeks to a safe area just inside the nostrils where I did not apply the cream?.

I'm just curious. All my problems are gone now, and I have stopped using the cream. But I still have some in reserve, ready if an outbreak should occur again.

gerald
Marla

Nostrils

Post by Marla »

There is hair in the nostrils. Mites go there as well. Treat the areas just inside the nostrils, but not way up inside. Use a cotton swab and place the ointment around the inside of the edge of the nostril.

If you have another bout with the sores up higher in your nostrils, try using the XFML rubbed in deeply from the outside of the nostril.

Glad you are doing better. Treat yourself as needed, and try to treat your skin once a week just to be on the safe side.

--Marla
sandy

Post by sandy »

Is this what you do Maria? just treat with the ZZ once a week, now you are on maintenance. Also, how long have you been using the DS products?
Marla

What I do.

Post by Marla »

Hello, Sandy:

Yes, that is what I do.

I have been using these products for about 3 years or so.

My skin stays clear until I have contact with pets who have owners with acne or pimples. Also, if people who pick at their pimples and use my computer, I get acne if I rub my face with my hands.

Nobody believes that mites are the problem. If I tell them, they think I am crazy.

Instead of waiting for something to happen, I treat my skin at night a few times each week.

Before I cleared up, I treated my skin consistently with DS products. The XFML is a wonderful first-aid ointment for many skin problems, including ant bites and such.

XFML is my emergency treatment for those red painful bumps that get bigger by the hour. I rub the XFML on it several times each day. It starts to get better within a few hours, then it begins to flatten and heal. Within a few days, it is gone without breaking the surface.

I don't have those anymore.

There is no actual maintenance procedure. It is up to each individual to decide how often to use the product. If you begin to feel tickling or itching anywhere from the chest and back and upward, you probably need to treat those places as soon as possible.

It is my policy to treat myself if I feel itching or tickling. Before DS, I assumed that itching was normal. It is not normal. I do not itch anymore unless I come into contact with infested animals or people.

How is your skin today? Anything new going on?

Sincerely,
--Marla
sandy

Post by sandy »

Well, I have been using the products for about 4 momths now, and my symptoms have majorly improved, although I do still feel itching on my face and scalp. I thought the itch was normal too. My husband and daughter both itch, so they are treating too, did your family get treated?

I have also found that people think I'm mad over this demodex thing :roll: I have had a real job to stop people kissing me when they greet me. Do you think that people get them from their pets?
Marla

Family not treated

Post by Marla »

My family did not get treated. They think I am crazy.

I keep myself treated and everything is fine.

Better to treat yourself and remain silent, than to ask your family to treat themselves. Much trouble can come from this. :wink:

--Marla
sandy

Post by sandy »

Hi Maria, I get your point, but am worried that my husband will re-infest me. :shock:
Marla

Oh, My!

Post by Marla »

Well, then, how about this:

You put enough on your face to rub off onto his. :wink:

And remember that the Acarid Removing soap bars are really nice. They last a long time and leave your skin feeling fresh with neither dryness nor the greasy feeling from other soaps.

Or try the body wash. It's great. Alas, real men prefer the good old bar of soap and they don't eat quiche. (As the saying goes in the U.S.A.)

Use either product for bathing the whole family. Doesn't matter which you choose as far as the men or women.

Your husband will not want to use the soap bar it if it's pink, (no way!) so why not go with the soap for men. The scent is light and fades quickly. Neither scent interferes with my perfume.

Treat your skin consistently. The mite population will decrease naturally for both of you. For the benefit of peace in the family, carry on as though nothing is different and let sleeping dogs lie.

Regarding pets: Yes, people do get them indirectly from their pets. Although the species that infests pets is different than the human varieties, we can exchange mites and their eggs through contact with the animals.

Indeed, the mites do not last long when separated from their preferred host. Various body parts of pets are suitable for harboring mites for longer than if the mites were to find themselves on a floor. The eggs last forever almost anywhere and wait for ideal circumstances for hatching. One egg, then another, and . . .

--Marla
sandy

Post by sandy »

Thanks for the advise Maria :D I will bear it in mind. Two things worry me from what you said.

1. My husband loves quiche :wink:

2. I thought that the eggs were layed in your skin, and hatched after a certain time period? Do you mean that they could be hanging around in the house?
Marla

Walking on egg(shells)

Post by Marla »

Sandy, if your husband likes quiche, he must be a gentleman. Lucky for you! :)

The mites lay eggs in your skin -- yes.

The eggs can be everywhere -- yes.

Eggs (ova) survive the death and decay of the mature gravid (with eggs or offspring) mites. Mites that rub off, or fall off of us can be gravid and dead or soon-to-be-dead.

What that means to you (us) is that we must continue to treat ourselves against the immature and mature mites. As the mature mites die, the number of eggs produced decreases.

Even with the decline in the mature mite population, previously formed eggs continue to hatch. The ointments are not effective against the eggs. (Almost nothing short of incineration is effective in destroying the eggs.) So, we continue to treat the mature and immature mites.

Gradually, as the eggs hatch, the treatment kills the immature stages of mites before they reach the reproductive stage.

That's a good thing. :!:

--Marla