Starting treatment

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

gin & juice

Post by gin & juice »

Hey everyone,

It's 3.5 months on XFML & ZZ. I am finally seeing some improvements. My current condition is that I have these small tiny zits, and some flesh coloured bumps. Does anyone know how those bumps will go away? I think using XFML makes me get those....

I just don't know why it takes so long to see just a small improvement.. And it's so hard because I feel really alone in this. Nobody that I personally know has ever used these products, and it's hard to have faith... I keep thinking of going on Accutane, but then I see how bad that is for your body, and it makes me afraid to go for it. I would appreciate any feedback, and I truly wish to post more soon with a more positive attitude :)

Hanging in there,

Andrei
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

It just means you have some more mite/bacteria activity going on. Continue until it vanishes completely.

The bumps that aren't actually whiteheads or blackheads are cysts, even if they are very tiny. Those will either need to be lanced or you have to wait it out and let your immune system get rid of them on its own. I opt for the latter. So I'd be looking at ways of improving my immune system if I were you. Like by exercising more, drinking more water, and taking a multivitamin daily. Might be a good idea to use a separate B-complex vitamin also. And make sure your multi has zinc in it. Of course eat lots of fruits and veggies. That will all help. Do that and I think you'll see those persistent bumps begin to fade. But it could take a month or two.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
Geneva

Post by Geneva »

Hey !
I would definitely advise you against going on accutane !! The reason being that my derm prescribed it to me (10 years ago) even though my acne was pretty mild at the time. The only thing it did for me was to make my condition worse during the whole time I was on it (and not even mentioning all the disturbing side effects). Since that time I've been trying to get rid of my mild (but very stubborn) acne with numerous different treatments without much succes.....BUT I've been using ZZ and XFML for the past 5 months now and I am finally seeing real results now...I really do think that I will get clear with those products (I did stick through it during months 2 and 3 when my condition was at its worst since a long time).

Guess what I really meant to say is that Accutane is not a miracle cure by far...and for some people like me it can actually make things worse rather than better !!

Jo
pears103

question about zz cream

Post by pears103 »

I work nights usually from 10 pm-4 or 6 am. if I'm supposed to put the zz cream on at night..when should i put it on? would it be alright to wait until after my shift and put it on when i got home or should i put it on before my shift?
Rob

Post by Rob »

I'd say use the fumanling cream at night when you work and then use the zz cream when you get home and go to bed. When you wake and need go out of the house wash the zz off and reapply the fumanling cream. Just reverse the normal order.