Facial Hair Question

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Glaxony

Facial Hair Question

Post by Glaxony »

I have a friend who grew a beard because he was having trouble with the skin on his face and I suspect demodex is contributing to his skin problems.

The way my face broke out for three weeks, I can't imagine shaving while going through that. And it takes so much zz to penetrate my eyebrows, I'm sure it would be awfully expensive to treat the whole face with a beard.

What do you guys do, keep the beard trimmed really short with scissors?
How does that work? Is this why it takes longer to get rid of the species that grows in hair?
GM
SteveInAustin

Re: Facial Hair Question

Post by SteveInAustin »

Glaxony wrote:I have a friend who grew a beard because he was having trouble with the skin on his face and I suspect demodex is contributing to his skin problems.

The way my face broke out for three weeks, I can't imagine shaving while going through that. And it takes so much zz to penetrate my eyebrows, I'm sure it would be awfully expensive to treat the whole face with a beard.

What do you guys do, keep the beard trimmed really short with scissors?
How does that work? Is this why it takes longer to get rid of the species that grows in hair?
I personally recommend shaving during treatment. Let it grow back after you're done. You're right, it does cost a lot more if you're rubbing it into your hair. You might get better mileage out of it if you apply it to wet hair.

I've heard people in this forum who have actually shaved their heads and applied ZZ on their scalp. That's dedication! Or perhaps desperation would be a better word to use. Ha!

Steve
Austin, Texas USA