Z cream question...new to it

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Cavlover

Z cream question...new to it

Post by Cavlover »

I put it on at night only...wash my face with a mild soap first (Cetaphil) and I wash it off in the morning. My face is sooo dry then. I know dryness will happen, but it's so dry I have to put a moisturizer on. Is this okay?

Are you supposed to put the cream on when your face is still wet or moist? I find that when I put it on after I wash my face, but hardly dry my face (where it's realy moist), it burns more or I feel that coolness a lot more. If I dry face more, where it's not as wet, I don't feel the effect of the cream/coolness as much. Does leaving your face more wet make it work better?

Also, my skin gets soo dry when I use this. Is it normal for your skin to get so dry? In 3-4 months (when this process is supposed to have wrked) will my skin suddenly just stop being so dry? I've been using the cream almost a month. How will I know when it's okay to stop using it...by when the flakingness stops (and my redness/rosaeca stopped is a clear?)

If anyone could get back to me, I'd appreciate it. Thank you! :) Laurie
Glaxony

Yes Dryness Happens

Post by Glaxony »

My face was unbelievably dry for two weeks. It felt like it was going to crack. I was afraid to smile. I looked awful. They told me to use xfml during the day and I did. It helped a lot.

I am still getting a lot of dryness on my cheeks, chin and around my mouth. It has been 6 weeks. But I can defenitely see progress, so I'm going to follow through with the complete treatment.

I was worried that I would have wrinkles my face was so dry, but I'm not worried about it any more. Face looks better.
GM
Cavlover

Re: Yes Dryness Happens

Post by Cavlover »

Glaxony wrote:My face was unbelievably dry for two weeks. It felt like it was going to crack. I was afraid to smile. I looked awful. They told me to use xfml during the day and I did. It helped a lot.

I am still getting a lot of dryness on my cheeks, chin and around my mouth. It has been 6 weeks. But I can defenitely see progress, so I'm going to follow through with the complete treatment.

I was worried that I would have wrinkles my face was so dry, but I'm not worried about it any more. Face looks better.
Thanks for replying. Yeah, my face is not as dry now. I used an exfoliator when it was so dry and that helped. My face is better..although I still see the redness. I'll keep it up and see how it goes.