There is psoriasis looking stuff behind my ears

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Glaxony

There is psoriasis looking stuff behind my ears

Post by Glaxony »

About two weeks into treatment, I decided to put some zz behind my ears, on my neck and chest. Behind my ears immediately started itching like crazy and has not let up for an entire month. It now looks like I have psoriasis behind and under my ears.

My chest had no reaction with first application, nor my neck. A week later I put another dose on my chest and got a mild reaction. Someone told me they may be migrating. Is that possible. If so, how far can they go?

I'm very worried about the bad red spots behind my ears. it looks awful. Thank goodness my hair is long. Has anybody else has a reaction that looks like psoriasis? How long does it last?

The rest of my face is doing much better, almost clear, still lots of drying and flakiness around the mouth, but very few pimples. I'm six weeks into this.
GM
Glaxony

also

Post by Glaxony »

I went really gung ho for a while and put ZZ on three times a day, instead of twice a day. This really seemed to clear up the pimples most effectively. Latelyl, I've been using zz at night and xmfl in morning. By the time 12 hours passes, my face is itching and I'm getting a few whiteheads. I'm thinking the lifecycle of these things is shorter than 15-18 hours, or something. It is safe to apply more often to clear this up...
GM
Marla

Not same.

Post by Marla »

These products are not the same as other acne treatments. Using more than the recommended amount will not achieve quicker or better results.

These products are formulated specifically to treat for Demodex infestation. Other products apparently are not.

Go back to using ZZ 2x/day, lightly applied, and thoroughly and gently massaged into your skin. You should not be able to see a white mask on your skin. If anything, you should see a slightly lighter complexion. If this is bothersome to you during the day, then apply lightly to the worst areas in the morning, and blend into the areas you choose to skip. This is not the same as spot treating.

Skip the XFML for about a week or more.

Let's see what happens.

Oh, and wash behind your ears. :wink:

Calm.
--Marla
Glaxony

Itchy Ears adn other places

Post by Glaxony »

The itching behind my ears continues, even though I never noticed a pimple back there, even before treatment. It is really bad. I have been putting it behind my ears for a month and see very little improvement yet. I shall persist and keep thee posted.

I put some on my chest and had a small patch of htem break out on my sternum that went away in a few days.
GM
Marla

Wish Itch

Post by Marla »

Is the itching the kind that makes you want to rip your hide off with your fingernails? Or is it more like an occasional single needle stick?

What is the first thing you do when you notice the itching?

What is the second thing you do?

You never noticed pimples behind your ears? Well, then, maybe you need not apply anything there.

:?:
--Marla