one thing i have noticed in some posters.....

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

ihateyoudemodex

one thing i have noticed in some posters.....

Post by ihateyoudemodex »

I noticed some people having what would be called "die off" symptoms in which they have bad breakouts in their initial stage of using the DS prodcuts. After awhile their skin would get better for a short period of time and then have a large breakout again. What would be the explanation for this other than inconsistent useage of the products?
ihateyoudemodex

Post by ihateyoudemodex »

bump*
Walter

Post by Walter »

Because those mites hatch in waves

Walter
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

This is one of those observations that is better explained by mites than by bacteria alone. I've noticed that break-outs occur with just about every acne medication that has ever been shown to be effective. So in other words: antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide, and Accutane. Using any of those products results in an initial break-out of some sort. And yet, I don't think I ever heard any explanation for this.

If you start to consider the possibility that mites are what causes acne, then break-outs can be explained rather well. It happens because you're killing them off in large numbers. That's more than your pores can handle. Normally they die off a little at a time, and that's what causes the acne you normally have. Your pore can't get rid of the large mite corpse, so it increases oil secretion in order to try to flush it out, and that causes the acne bacteria to multiply. Well, multiply that 10 times, because now huge numbers of mites are dying. That's going to cause a huge break-out. And you continue to break-out for a month or two because the mite eggs are immune to it and will hatch later on, thereby creating more mites. Eventually though, you get to the point where there are almost no mites left. And at that point your acne completely disappears.

Or so goes the theory. It makes more sense to me than the theory that bacteria is the only cause of acne.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
Marla

Perxactly

Post by Marla »

SteveInAustin wrote:Or so goes the theory. It makes more sense to me than the theory that bacteria is the only cause of acne.
Hi, Steve. How the heck are you?

What you said in your post matches my experience and coincides with what I know about the life cycles of these microbes.

You described it quite well.

--Marla
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Oh hi, Marla! Sorry for the long delay. Yeah, I just pop in from time to time now.

My progress is unchanged with the acne. Been clear for like, what, over 2 years now on these creams. Good stuff.

My bloodshot eyes problem still exists. I'll post an update on that in another thread sometime.

Good to hear from you again.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA