Emu Oil?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Johanna

Emu Oil?

Post by Johanna »

Hi-

I was wondering if any of you that have tried the emu oil did you breakout more at first? This is what I am experiencing. I used it for 2 days and I am getting quite a bit more pimples and clogged pores than before. Maybe it is just a coincedence, I don't know.

I would love to hear form anyone and their experiences with the oil.

Thank you-

Johanna
death to acne

Post by death to acne »

Hi Johanna

Sorry to hear that emu-oil broke you out. Try to use very little and see if it becomes better or not. If you still feel greasy 30 seconds after applied it on , then you have used too much.

I am lucky that emu-oil works for my skin . I have oily and acneic skin. The ZZ cream broke me out horribly and emu-oil calm my skin down considerably. It had never broken me out.
Johanna

Post by Johanna »

Hi DTA-

How much of the oil do you use? How do you apply it (dry or damp skin, pat on or rub in?).

I am not giving up on the oil yet, I breakout anyway. I am trying to come off of the XFML and get back on the ZZ a couple of nights a week to start. I used it last night on top of the emu oil. My skin i s very red, but I expected that. This morning the emu oil seems to making my skin more comfortable. So I guess, we'll see.

Thanks for your reply-

Johanna
death to acne

Post by death to acne »

Hi Johanna

I use 1 pea size of emu oil on each section of my face---meaning 1 dot on the forehead, 1 dot on the chin, 1 on right cheek, 1 on left left cheek and I don't need to use on my nose cause my nose is very oily and the ZZ cream has not dried out my nose yet.

I use it when my skin is still damp, it absorbs much better. I rub it in gently , not much pressure. After 30 seconds, I will put the ZZ cream on top and I guess it will make the ZZ penetrates better and does not leave a white film.

The emu oil is very soothing. It takes away my redness when I was overused with the ZZ cream a while ago. I learned about this emu-oil from an acne message forum. Many sufferers there are very pleased with it. Try for a few more days to see if it helps you. Good luck!
Marla

No Packed Follicles

Post by Marla »

Hi,

Personally, I would not pack my pores and follicles with anything besides DS products.

Sincerely,
Marla